Logic textbooks

Logic textbooks

what kind/?

one that is good at explaining logical proofs

In addition, a good predicate logic text would be appreciated.

please respond

Introduction to Logic by Tarski

Logic textbook

Any introduction to Discrete Mathematics where you learn how to do basic proofs. If you want to learn logic but don't want to learn any mathematics you are a shitter.

>If you want to learn logic but don't want to learn any mathematics
That is precisely what I desire.

when p is q, or, at greatest, at least, when one thinks q might at least, at greatest, be less than or equal to, approximately, 50%, of 50%, and if t, ether or and p is t, q is not r when f is y, p is q and t when r is not w, approaching x as p not q is almost r if and/or y is p when q is t towards x becoming p in several conditions when d is r and under conditional circumstances v to e, z naught, is t when r is half of the truth value of q under the conditions p is how certain of t, y should be?

pretty damn certain.

So you dont want any math?

Do you have a background in mathematics?
If the answer is yes go for Manin or Shoenfield.
If the answer is no try with Bloch (maybe this is the best option).

>they're going to learn logic before reading Euclid's Elements

Who /Euclid/ here? Coolest book to discuss imho, and I've discussed it multiple times on here and Veeky Forums. It's one of the few things you two boards have in common.

Keynes guy too?

you need to know logic beore yyou can know geometry

1: probability books
2: solve all problems
3: ????
4: profit

No, not really. It's some of the same stuff. Who is to say that you cannot learn logic FROM geometrical proofs? After all, there is a certain amount of logic involved in developing the propositions and proving them with certain propositions. For instance, there are literally 'chains' of propositions in the first book to define parallel lines, one involves only one other proposition and is prop. 27. Almost the entirety of the other propositions and the fifth postulate were developed to prove props 28 and 29. (first is an THEN, second is an IF). Logic is very present in Geometry.

Did you say logic textbooks?

?????????

desu i havent studied any math for a long, long long time. dunno if i can handle the bantz
thx

Logic is a form of mathematics. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand logic.

mathematics is a form of logic, retardo

>Bloch
thats a math text, no?

Logic: an introduction, by Lionel Ruby is a solid start.

>Who is Godel?

When I did a few Logic courses at undergraduate we used Tomassi's book just called Logic for propositional and predicate logic.