Fluoride etc

Redpill me on the toxicity of toothpaste and mouthwash. Is fluoride bad for you? What about all of the weird ingredients they use in these products? They can't be good for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bem.2250030302/abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bem.2250120303/full
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/345d/e033b3b791989202c118417ba84ed4ec8773.pdf?_ga=2.131801871.1669037105.1504221818-1704401349.1504221818
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/5306/e5b2a202f3aaa815ff553d5d28c5606a746f.pdf
academic.oup.com/carcin/article-abstract/8/10/1385/2478037/The-effects-of-low-energy-60-Hz-environmental?redirectedFrom=PDF
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0006899373900085
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00973286
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4995199
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC393172/pdf/pnas00022-0578.pdf
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bem.2250050307/abstract
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e46a/98e25e12658a7c2e1c72e0142d96c1f2b891.pdf?_ga=2.158591034.1669037105.1504221818-1704401349.1504221818
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19230827
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1434994/pdf/biophysj00204-0163.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2738103
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7126280
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/205c/f09f8f27d729be43078dfd9c334af209f014.pdf?_ga=2.140247091.1669037105.1504221818-1704401349.1504221818
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01616412.1982.11739619
warosu.org/sci/thread/S9093546#p9098512
warosu.org/sci/thread/S7644877#p7650927
warosu.org/sci/thread/S7644877#p7651058
warosu.org/sci/thread/S9095534#p9098718
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're not supposed to eat the paste.

Lowers iq

but you absorb it and it gets into your saliva anyway so you do eat it.

hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15. Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain.

no you dont absorb it. you wash and rinse after brushing, dont you?

what do you think sodium fluoride does in your mouth user

Obviously it keeps you from turning into a reptilian too so the gubment can keep using you as a slave.

>children
none of us are children

>none of us are children
Where do you think you are?

The concentrations are far too low to do anything.

The toxic part of toothpaste is not flouride, but the triclosan. Flouride labels are just mandatory, but triclosan is a topic antiseptic that shouldn't be ingested.

>hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
>The researchers conducted a systematic review of studies, almost all of which are from China where risks from fluoride are well-established. Fluoride is a naturally occurring substance in groundwater, and exposures to the chemical are increased in some parts of China.

That study looked at places with levels of fluoride that were already dangerous. In the US fluoride levels in water are regulated.

But Americans put Flouride in their water, so what's a little extra from toothpaste gonna do?

>regulated
No, they aren't. For two reasons:
-You cannot control all sources of fluoride a given individual has, or variation in excretion / retention rate
-Many municipal water supplies do not actually conform to the levels set by regulations. Google this if you want to know more.

Also, sodium fluoride is not what's actually added to water. There are a few major formulations, with varying composition. Most of which severely contaminated with heavy metals, and a byproduct of phosphate extraction. None of which being sodium fluoride, and one some volatile compound that has unpredictable reaction / breakdown products once it's actually added to water.

It's absurd.

This. there's a difference between there being a few parts per million of fluoride per unit volume of water, and ingesting enough fluoride to cause cognitive imparemnt

What about animal products and non-organic vegetables?

That's fear talking, not reason.
>I'm trapped, so I'll just decide it
s okay because they're probably only hurting me a little

>he dosen't know that the dose makes the poison

That's not universally true, some things are inherently detrimental to a given system, regardless of dose. And the doses present here are harmful. That's the point of the post buddy boyo.

So you are claiming that someone is intentionally putting toxic stuff in our water?

Also, volatile is a specific term in chemistry. It doesn't mean unstable. It means that molecules easily evaporate.

>So you are claiming that someone is intentionally putting toxic stuff in our water?
Purpose is irrelevant.

>Also, volatile is a specific term in chemistry.
Irrelevant. Meaning is inferred via context and level of knowledge. That's how you still knew what I meant, and you'd also know what I meant if I said "volatile organic compound".

Don't needy and defensive.

this thread is about toothpaste and shit like that. the amount in toothpaste is WAY higher than water. you literally have to go to the hospital if you eat toothpaste. it's clearly not good for you.

I don't think anyone is claiming that it is not a bad idea to eat toothpaste.
This user had a good response about toothpaste specifically

It's funny how chemists, biologists, and doctors don't but into any of this stupid shit. Only uneducated dipshits.

If you cared you'd go get a degree in medicine and come back and say "yeah I was right, after years of studying biology and medicine I've determined that fluoride is bad". But you won't.

Only uneducated dipshits peddle this garbage.

>It's funny how chemists, biologists, and doctors don't but into any of this stupid shit. Only uneducated dipshits.
How many chemists, biologists, and doctors do you know? How many have you talked to?

Oh that's right, probably ~0. You're just operating on the mythical notion of "consensus" and assuming all of a field is one person, because you're not a scientist and have this starry eyes ivory tower-esque delusion of science.

Most people's opinions aren't rational, adaptive, or intelligent. In a modern cultural climate that rigidly demands conformity to a top down engineered consensus, the problem is compounded.

>he hasn't overcame the fear of injesting random chemicals

lol just drink it bro brain damage is a meme

I'm a PhD student in molecular nutrition with a degree in biochemistry, the levels in agua are fine my man

hell yea bro I love to drink 20 4 locos and fuck a hole I found outside my friends house

this is what college is all about!

Do you think pulsed microwave fields are biologically active, and net detrimental to human health?

It's not just fluoride. It's a fluoride salt. Don't be one of those people who thinks table salt gives you chlorine poisoning.

Fluoride has been proven to prevent tooth decay. If you're in a place without fluoride in the water you should be taking fluoride supplements or else your teeth might have to be removed. The benefits far outweigh the supposed risks. Don't fall for the bottled water meme.

Oh, and it turns frogs gay.

Thanks Doc. You have truly earned my shekels.

Harm/exposure to fluoride follows a hormetic u-shaped curve.

Too little is bad for you. Too much is bad for you.

/thread

The window for hormesis is incredibly narrow.

Well it's either the Doctor Jew or the Bottled Jew. Take your pick.

why do you think the GOVERNMENT would be pushing you to (((brush))) your teeth?

No, stop posting your gay threads about it.
I don't drink often, brother. There's a real substance that can fuck you up

Perhaps it's the reduction of gingivitis and tooth decay? Or maybe it's the gay frogs, it's a toss up
Meant to quote

>No
Then you're a know-nothin' with valueless opinions, until proven otherwise. On the same level as someone claiming cells are a myth.

I'm a chemistry PhD, I know loads of doctors, biochemists, biologists. Fluoride is fine there's way more things you should be worried about.

oh fuck its this fucking asshole

What makes it so bad supposedly?

Like cell phones and wi-fi.

The anger stems from fear. It was known in the late 50's that modulated fields could affect electron transport relative to various cell structures, and that they altered calcium efflux. Many papers spoke plainly about this, and there was none of the trash you see in modern literature where they pussyfoot around and repeatedly address whether or not it's "thermal", as though they're afraid of falling out of line. Of course it's largely non-thermal, it's been determined repeatedly that effects are seen at levels below 0.5mW/cm2.

If you're scared or disappointed, I'm sorry but shooting the messenger doesn't change anything. I made you know, and there's no going back.

You've been proven wrong every single time. shut the fuck up already.

I haven't.

I'm just going to start posting older literature. The new literature says the same things, but is more centered around cell death and cancer.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bem.2250030302/abstract

>I haven't.
You saying that doesn't magically make it not the case. People like you make no sense. If what you were saying was true, you'd be able to publish a study and become a world-renowned scientist. You won't because you can't prove anything, because it's not true, and you've been proven wrong by dozens of anons with actual educations over and over again.

I don't have to publish much of anything. The research was more or less in place ~1995. Everything after that point was details and how various factors relate. The studies have been done. We know pulsed fields alter certain aspects of membrane potential (such that a ligand binding to its receptor achieves a different outcome), and activate calcium channels.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bem.2250120303/full

I'm just going to wait until the educated anons come in and show why you're wrong for the 100th time.

STOP HIJACKING MY FUCKING THREAD FOR YOUR STUPID FUCKING FALSE BULLSHIT

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/345d/e033b3b791989202c118417ba84ed4ec8773.pdf?_ga=2.131801871.1669037105.1504221818-1704401349.1504221818

and further:
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/5306/e5b2a202f3aaa815ff553d5d28c5606a746f.pdf

Why so set on that I'm wrong, when all the evidence says the exact opposite? And has for the last 60 years? The only possibility is either fear, or an inability to think for yourself.

academic.oup.com/carcin/article-abstract/8/10/1385/2478037/The-effects-of-low-energy-60-Hz-environmental?redirectedFrom=PDF

Brush your teeth you autist

>I haven't.
Yes you have.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0006899373900085

Your behavior is bizarre.

link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00973286

Your behavior is very bizarre, yes. Repeatedly posting links to things nobody is looking at because you've been proven wrong for a long time.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4995199

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC393172/pdf/pnas00022-0578.pdf

what is this

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bem.2250050307/abstract

Why do you think this is correct?

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e46a/98e25e12658a7c2e1c72e0142d96c1f2b891.pdf?_ga=2.158591034.1669037105.1504221818-1704401349.1504221818

Why would someone think anything is correct? Why do you, or your idealized version of yourself, or a hypothetical 'objective' truth seeking human being, think anything is correct?

What a dumb question, to be quite blunt about it. Instead of trying to talk me into a defensive position for whatever reason, try actually reading what I'm posting. The bulk of the literature, modern and otherwise, says the same damn thing. Across everything I know, have read, and see, it makes sense.

You can't even answer a simple question. Why do you think it's correct?

The answer is in the post you quoted.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19230827

then why do they make it taste so good?

>they actually memed that bullshit into reality

>grew up drinking fluoridated water
>are now afraid
>choose to go into denial, and ensure the practice is continued
>become the problem
Par for the course. Most people aren't leaders.

I can see the argument against consuming fluoride or adding it to water, but I really don't see any argument for not using it topically or through a rinse (which you're not meant to consume). Using "natural" ingredients instead seems like it would just predispose you to softer teeth and decay. But I'm not a dental professional or a doctor.

>bottle of bleach says to not drink it
>drink it anyway
>wtf

This is interesting.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1434994/pdf/biophysj00204-0163.pdf

Limited studies have shown theobromine to be superior in terms of remineralization.

>People don't put disgusting things in their mouth
>People prefer putting things that taste nice in their mouth

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2738103

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7126280

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/205c/f09f8f27d729be43078dfd9c334af209f014.pdf?_ga=2.140247091.1669037105.1504221818-1704401349.1504221818

Does theobromine act in the same way as fluoride? I've heard that different substances like xylitol or CPP-ACP promote remineralization in different ways than fluoride. I'm a layman so I can't evaluate this with much depth on my own. I'm now inspired to add cacao to my diet in either case.

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01616412.1982.11739619

I'm not sure how it works. Research is fairly limited, underlying mechanics are mostly speculative. Anecdotally I'd say it does appear to work quite well.

Right, just like with cigarettes. Oh, wait.

>grow up hearing about how bad cigarettes are
>are now afraid of smoking and part of collective group dynamics that impose further behavioral biases
>choose not to go against the grain
>remain the problem
Par for the course. Most people aren't leaders. Whether cigarettes are bad or good relative to a given value system is irrelevant, because the above is largely what drives it. The same mechanics.

In summary, wi-fi, cell phones, bluetooth, power line emissions, etc, are biologically active and detrimental. This has been known for a long time, and yet, we did it anyway. We dug ourselves in this deep. Look around at all these fucked up people, with fucked up little problems. Everywhere. You really think this is all natural? A function of population, certain ratio for any given quantity, and that's why you see it everywhere? Fuck no.

Take an honest look around.

In summary, you've been destroyed every single time you've posted, and you're just going to plug your ears and post the same copypasta over and over again until Veeky Forums no longer exists. Anybody can search warosu for "Pulsed microwave" to see countless examples of you being destroyed and pretending otherwise.

This was just lazy

The difference, which you are unable to accept, is that cigarettes have an overwhelming amount of evidence suggesting that they cause cancer and early death, are costly, and are a choice. The amount of overlap here is too small to be an effective comparison.

> Look around at all these fucked up people, with fucked up little problems. Everywhere. You really think this is all natural? A function of population, certain ratio for any given quantity, and that's why you see it everywhere?
Did you just assume that different populations would have different levels of different diseases without the "biologically active and detrimental" factors, and then use that as evidence that they are detrimental?

Reminder that microwave man is an insane hypochrondiac who claims his symptoms are due to electricity.

warosu.org/sci/thread/S9093546#p9098512
warosu.org/sci/thread/S7644877#p7650927

OOOHH yeah he's THAT fucking guy. ahahahaha wow. no fucking wonder.

Check out this autistic rage.
warosu.org/sci/thread/S7644877#p7651058

>who claims his symptoms are due to electricity
I've never said anything to remotely suggest this. It's unsurprising that you'd confuse your assumptions for reality. Twists things around to make the story juicier, and make it all "make sense".

Pretty well says it all about you.

warosu.org/sci/thread/S9095534#p9098718

Go on?

>It's hard to describe how
because it doesn't and you have trouble coming up with something.

Why does it need to be that way for you?

it's not that way for me, it's reality.

That sounds epistemologically unsound.

Sorry, but the nut job ITT thinking his own problems aren't bad luck from his genes and instead thinking it's because of falsified claims for electromagnetic radiation should be ban-worthy. it's flat earth tier. he's basically the lung cancer nut.

>the truth should be banned
Sounds familiar.

Don't put words in my mouth. Uneducated idiots like you should be banned. You spread garbage because you're a miserable fuck that so badly wants an answer to the why of your problems. Fuck you.

>The truth
Even your papers require an illogical leap to support your claims.

I post literature published over the course of 60 years, which continues to be validated.

>that so badly wants an answer to the why of your problems
Refer to: I don't really care much about the reasons behind me or my life, at this point. Part of me does, but it's different.

Your theory of mind is underdeveloped / corrupted. You should learn to accurately put yourself in someone else's shoes. Imagine accepting reality, and living in it.

Elaborate fully. Provide examples. And bear in mind, the authors I've selected are not random.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you again because you're a mentally ill brick wall who disregards everything that goes against your delusions. Anybody who wants to see your garbage disproved can look it up on warosu.

Also, bear in mind that I'm not at all hooked internally or externally. If I don't receive something substantive and intelligent, I'll probably just leave. Allocate yourself accordingly.