Calculator thread

Serious fucking question.

How do you rate this calculator. I found it still brand new in the box in the closet in this room I'm renting. Apparently the old tenant left it.

Is it a good find?

Also show off your calculators and rate them.

TI-85s are like $100 right now at walmart. If that sounds good, then sure.

well?....

let me see your calculators nerds.

Its a mice museum piece, they haven't made ti85s in like fifteen years.

Prefer the HP calcs because of superior stack based input - it's not kid friendly so you probably wouldn't like it. Programs are the real advantage though, must have for engineers.

Enter 1.7!.
TI's/HP's: +10sec, +100$
Google:

Rate mine

www.desmos.com

this is my calculator

rate it bois

Exact calculator I use. Thing is the GOAT

This and MATLAB.

I haven't used a calculator since my second year of undergrad. They are slow to use, purposefully stunted in features, and generally pointless.

Only thing they're good for is for exams, because modern-day students can't be trusted not to cheat. And, there are many situations in which a graphing calculator could allow you to cheat, anyway, so it's often banned then.

same, and also

Nice find. My dad used to collect TI graphics calcs and we had all of them. The 85 was one of the most advanced calcs for it's time back in the 90s. Definitely a keeper.

I use a wp34s mostly. Its great but the learning curve is high (not because of RPN, but because of the one line display, how it handles complex numbers, and how to quickly go through lengthy menus). I also use a 50g but less often.

R8

Amazing! One of the dirtiest I've ever seen!

Ha, I used to have an NVIDIA sticker I stole from a laptop at best buy on my older Casio calc.

Rate my calculator boys.

I stole mine from school

>graphing in the dark
The future is now

the classic that started it all, the gold standard
10/10

the best scientific calculator. built like a fucking brick

Very nice

Shit buttons (as in they feel like made in China shit).
Shit screen.

>GOAT
>Can't even use RPN
50G or go home.

>No fraction approximation
Into the trash it goes

Best engineering scientific. You can use it in the EIT exam. Anything harder you can use MATLAB, wolfram alpha or ti-89 app.

forgot image

My 20 year old one still works flawlessly, things are built to last.

>calculatorlets

same here

genuinely concerned for this board that it took so long for someone to post this

The undisputed GOAT