IQ GENERAL

Good day, brainlets.

Test yourself and post score. This is a valid classical IQ test which converts to WAIS-R:
testyourself.psychtests.com/staticid/975

Join the high IQ discord: vrMcCZX

B-but IQ is irrelevant! What does IQ ACTUALLY mean for you?
>the measurement of intelligence—which has been done primarily by IQ tests—has utilitarian value because it is a reasonably good predictor of grades at school, performance at work, and many other aspects of success in life
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/

IQ Classification:
130 and above: Very Superior
120–129: Superior
110–119: High Average
90–109: Average
80–89: Low Average
70–79: Borderline
69 and below: Extremely Low

For the geniuses out there: can anyone explain what it's like to experience life with a genius IQ? Especially interested in 150+ IQers

Other urls found in this thread:

statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major
free.ultimaiq.net/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient#Relationship_to_Intelligence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleability_of_intelligence
quora.com/Is-there-a-correlation-between-intelligence-and-happiness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's a good online IQ test:

"What do you think about online IQ tests?"

A) "They're bullshit. Anyone can create their own online IQ test, and people can practice a same IQ test over and over again."
B) "I believe that online IQ tests are reliable."

If you answered A, your IQ is 100 or more. If you answered B, your IQ is less than 100.

IQ merely tests how well you can make a simple logic exam, which is why it is good for predicting academic success, but not so good at predicting other forms of life success.

Anyone that has been well trained to do any type of exam will score well in an IQ test regardless of its actual intelligence. Intelligence itself is a very vage term and has been proven to be very malleable.

IQ is not really relevant, Veeky Forums. Only true brainlets believe it is a definite measure of intelligence.

>anyone can create their own online IQ test
True. But the one in OP is scientifically validated and conforms to actual standards.

Real life IQ test :
>you are given a paper on which questions are written and you have to answer.
>psychologist 'grades' your answer based on some preconceived answer sheet

internet IQ test :
>you are on a webpage containing questions you have to answer
>some robot grades you based on some preconceived answer sheet

the only difference is that you are not supervised. if you follow an iq test made by a true psychologist and follow the instructions without cheating, then it is as accurate as an irl iq test.

people who pretend otherwise are just jewish shills trying to make money out of retards

There's always gre scores. Verbal iq is far from simple logic. Hell, logic problems are far from simple.

>tfw 126
I-i can still get a doctorate? r-right?

yes you can get a phd with this iq, but not a tenured position, which means getting the phd would be a waste of time
cheers

>126
I'm sorry. Thats not very high for uni. You'll likely be condemned to work some dead end job for an average wage.

Almost everything you said is false. It's just your personal opinion and your pseudo-knowledge which you wrote down. Read actual scientific literature about IQ. It is the best measure to predict overall success. It (intelligence) is one of the best understood topic in social science,...

My score corresponds with the test at test.mensa.no as well with the average for my major on statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major

According to the IQ classification posted by OP 126 is very high.

as a non-native some questions can be annoying
I found it a tad bit harder than mensa

>107
goodbye world

It is for the general pop, it's probably average for a decent uni course though

This is why I study maths at a shit uni

IQ is a measure of how autistic you are. Remember that it is more likely for an idiot savant to score higher on an IQ test than you but they won't get as far in life.

Slash breab

IQ correlates with job performance, income, etc. WRONG.

This test is retarded. I'm a fucking STEM grad student

114iq psych major. Pretty proud of myself considering I have selected the least academic, yet most monetarily fruitful career path in academia.

I'd probably have scored higher if it wasn't for the language questions. English is my 2nd langage and they were annoying as hell.

>84
Am i secretly black?

I got 107, but that part of the english words got me good, so it's not fair ;-;

Maybe for physics and math students. For any other course other than those 126 as an average sounds way too high. Have you ever interacted with the average college student? Holy shit, there's no way their IQ is that high.

Well. I did terrible on the spatial intelligence and math. How screwed am I if I want to enter biology or medicine?

And here are another 2 : free.ultimaiq.net/
Numerus Basic and Tic Tac Toe.Since this is a math/science board you should be good at these.

I'm a medical student in non english speaking country. This test fails in that it doesn't have a time limit...

P H E N O T Y P E

Ma chosens

117 score by randomly clicking

>randomly
Yeah, yeah, brainlet, whatever.

>iqtest.dk
is this even verified? what standard does it use?

i saw the first 2 questions and i had no idea am i retarded

try looking at it sideways

Who else 90 IQ here?

It's the norwegian mensa test. It's been circulating around the chon since forever. How new are you?

Just found out i'm retarded guys; scored 90

nice mine used to be 140-150, now it's 90. must have been drugged by the nsa.

As others have stated, it would be lower if the test had a strict time limit.

you and me both user

>134
Assuming the test is actually reflective of intelligence:
>possibility A: I'm super duper smart
>possibility B: the mean has been shifted/is inaccurate and should be calibrated using samples in this thread

I'm okay with this.

>le le blacks have low IQ maymay xD
I'm black and have 120 IQ, suck my dick faggot.

120 iq is low btw

>IQ test
>taking IQ tests seriously
>not realizing that IQ is pretty useless outside of the extreme margins
>linking to online IQ tests
Does Veeky Forums not actually understand science?

Behold, someone scored below 120!

>doesn't address argument
>hurr durr he doesn't like IQ so he must be dum!!!!11
Can you define what intelligence is?

Thanks bro and i still went retarded on the english questions.. and skipped the first 3 or something questions.. this test doesnt really test the number sequences well, compared to the rest of the questions they were pretty easy, am i the only one?

it is one or two SDs out by definition

General ability to remember and think, including The ability to recognize and process information.
Information like "there are a lot of samples of scores in this thread with an unusually wide distribution for online IQ tests that almost looks legitimate", "science is trial and error and we have a lot of trials in this thread but dumbshit like can't come up with any useful conclusions or point out any specific errors", and "wow I bet this guy is a real pleasure to talk to in real life too"

except they never listed the standard deviation/variance.

>General ability to remember and think
So, how does one tell how well one can remember and think?

>The ability to recognize and process information.
What exactly does this entail and how does one test for it?

>Information like "there are a lot of samples of scores in this thread with an unusually wide distribution for online IQ tests that almost looks legitimate", "science is trial and error and we have a lot of trials in this thread but dumbshit like (You) can't come up with any useful conclusions or point out any specific errors", and "wow I bet this guy is a real pleasure to talk to in real life too"
Well, I can point out a specific error with this, you are using anecdotes to try and justify a phenomenon; anecdotes are in no way scientific.

well fair enough. I assumed it would be 10 or 15 centered on 100 but that might be naive.

>leddit spacing
im done
if you're getting multiple results more than 2 standard deviation away (aka those 130+ results you see plastered everywhere) its time to ask where the dozens after dozens of 100s are

>identity: transgender woman
huh. never actually seen such a specific option for me on a form. i don't tout it like some of the other freaks at my uni, just thought it was interesting to see it on a somewhat legitimate-looking form.

>looking for excuses not to address the problems with IQ
>not addressing any argument presented
Guess those test results really are meaningless.

We've got a genius here. BOW!

wanna fug :-------DDDDDDDDDDDDD

>its time to ask where the dozens after dozens of 100s are
maybe not bothering to post their results or take the test or browsing the board or the chan?

This test is retarded. I obviously answered every question correctly yet only scored 134

literally banned from my uni's lgbt safespace for being hostile to other """trans""" fetishizing the condition.

>127
>not even 130
>tfw brainlet
fuck my life dudes

124 is probably the top .001 for degenerates like you, so congrats

That's a massive article, with no obvious path to a test that could be recognized with 10 seconds of browsing. Usability is a thing, you know?

But that's ok, I've already taken Mensa's test, 139. And what difference does it make? Not a goddamn thing. I swear I will never understand the obsession of you 4chaners to stroke your epeens with a number, and then so ironically proceed to boast about it here to so clearly underscore the fact that you're underachievers in real life. As I've said so many times before, being smarter than those you're surrounded by is a cause for shame, not pride. All it means is that you were given a far better hand in the game that is life, and you failed to even exceed those with a shittier hand than yours.

As someone else already pointed out, it's great compared to average. But in the world of academia or any good job, that's borderline average. I work as a software architect and basically all of the people around me are at around my level. Most of my friends are smarter, lawyer, doctor, two scientists, an engineer, and a linquist for example. As a child, a high IQ is quite evident as in most countries there aren't that many schools for gifted children. So you're forced to literally deal with retards all day long. But during and after Uni, and into work life and on your way into building a career, you're practically guaranteed to wind up in a bubble of people and friends with similar abilities and interests as your own. Unless you're an exceptional under- or overachiever.

it just makes me have even a smaller pool of potential friends. but thanks for the consoling i suppose.

>vocabulary and mental calculation questions
>in an IQ test
trashcan.jpg

Well, tell me can I contribute to science with something meaningful?

welcome to WAIS

Previous official test: 140 exactly. Literally taken 2 months ago.
This test: 111.
Hmmm....

Did you tried your best? Or just clicked everywhere out of boredom.

Tried as normal.
The census-y questions at the end are a little suspicious, wondering if they affect data or results.
I have Asperger's so...

You can be a lab assistant, they do valuable work (for real scientists).

Oh well. But it's interesting I scored 162 on a numerical one.

141, but I'm a non native English speaker.
What do you have to score to be considered MENSA level?

Phd in women's studies

IQ is irrelevant. Your stupid online test gave me 40 points below the one that DFCS gave me, and I still rank into what you think is "very superior". During this test, my washing machine exploded, someone vacuumed 3 times, and the phone wouldn't stop ringing. Your test is stupid and you're stupid for believing it.

I'm pretty sure the test results are mostly based on what you say on the survey afterwards.

>Almost everything you said is false.
Is that your only argument?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient#Relationship_to_Intelligence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleability_of_intelligence

>,...
I'm not arsed enough to provide more since you're being such a retard.

171 iq doesn't even make sense

123-129 oof

I scored 127..... I assume not being a native english speaker had an impact on that but still... Should I just stop trying? I won't, but the rational thing to do is to stop desu... below ivy league average... Fuckin hell, why must IQ be so inheritable and so immutable? will we get therapies in my lifetime to fix my brainletism?

>fetishizing

Kinda sounds like something someone that goes to pride parades would say

>I'm pretty sure the test results are mostly based on what you say on the survey afterwards.
I got as far as faking my birthday before telling them to fuck off entirely and leaving it blank.

Regardless, I imagine it's in their best interests to suck your dick. Nobody's going to shell out money to get a blow-by-blow on 84 IQ.

Online scores are NEVER valid. The WAIS cannot be reproduced online.

Here, I promised to post this in every thread about IQ until you guys understand it:

There are three major legitimate IQ tests in America: the WISC, the WAIS, and the Stanford-Binet.
YOU CANNOT SCORE HIGHER THAN 160 ON ANY OF THEM
All scores at or above 145 mean essentially the same thing. Once you hit the 99.99th percentile, comparing scores becomes absolutely meaningless. For all intents and purposes, 145 is the "highest" score for anyone. I don't know where people keep getting this 170, 180, 200+ etc. meme from. It's such an obvious lie; I'm constantly baffled at how many of you buy it.

>scientifically validated
By fucking what?

Your idea of what an irl IQ test is like is extremely flawed. You aren't just given a piece of paper and supervised to make sure you don't cheat. The test is dynamic and personalized, and the psychologist must watch you INTENTLY. They will test your concentration, verbal timing, coordination, and other aspects of intelligence that can never be determined online. More often than not, they are administered as part of a battery of tests to assess one's overall mental functioning. You don't just pay a scientist for them to tell you how smart you are.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you were to ever take an IQ test for real, you would be extremely disappointed both in the experience and the results.

>if you were to ever take an IQ test for real, you would be extremely disappointed both in the experience and the results.

yea, cuz ur so much better than I am

shill

Yes, but you're a few points too low to be a brain surgeon. How does it feel to be dumber than Ben Carson?

*crickets*

>tfw ywn get into mensa like this user
>tfw 131 brainlet

Then they're BAD TESTS
all our tests are bad. look how easy the sat and act are. It's so easy to get a perfect or near perfect, there's no way everyone who gets perfect are all so smart there's no way to tell the difference
I don't really have a side, I'm not anti-iq tests. I just wanted to take an opportunity to gloat about how smart I am :)

You know what, you're right. Really changed my brain, friend. : ^ D

I've made the Mensa test, I got 132 or smth like that. My GF is > 150, and took a grown up test at 16 only. She told me I could have a very high IQ : I paid a psychiatrist to do a real test, and got 123. I failed some of it, but I don't think I would go much more above 130 since it could be compared as a logarithmic progression.

To the OP : my gf, having a 150+ IQ, thinks life is a pain in the ass. She tried to kill herself at 16, she's always been alone, she has real trust issues, she can't get along with many people. She also thinks all the time : while eating a sandwich, she was trying to calculate the mathematical sequence that ruled the pavement. She sees every details, and thinks stuff of it. I really looks painfull sometimes. She doesn't even think she's herself, she adapts, permanetly, questions herself etc.
By beeing more "aware" of everything, you're of course also aware of beautiful things. But yeah, looks more like a curse than a gift, I'm really realizing this while I'm writing.

no screenshot cuz phoneposter but 115, brainlet but white collar capable.

>no screenshot cuz phoneposter
you can't be serious

>115
oh nvm

whats her job ? Is she successful ? Did she go to Harvard ? Im interested in smart people's careers

>She told me I could have a very high IQ
I hope you're not a cuck though, it seems like she made quite some fun out of you...

How the fuck do we quote people ?

Oh nvm.

Nope, not at all, she has really good grades, she gets easily everything, maths, music, languages... She learns fast but it's nothing like "she speaks 5 languages and can compute the square root of a 5 digits prime number". She's 18 and will go to a really normal university next year, average I would say. She could have been 16 and in the same situation, but she didn't skipped more than 1 school year (she could have skipped 3). Maybe she could go to Harvard if she wanted to, but I really don't think she would like it. She's kinda edgy lol

I'm scared of school I think I'm just gunna stay home

>took a grown up test at 16 only
Doesn't matter. IQ tests are scaled for age. Also,

quora.com/Is-there-a-correlation-between-intelligence-and-happiness

Sounds like your girlfriends is just depressed. The paper does say there is a lower incidence of happiness in people with IQ 135+, but there are so few of those I doubt it's a representative sample.

All the smartest people I can think of have been known to be very happy. Albert Einstein, Richard Feynman, Stephen Hawking - not to mention literally anyone who's won a Nobel Prize.

Your gf needs some pills and a therapist even if she is 2smart4 therapy.

That's why I said "a grow up test" : she took the test that wasn't at her scale, I was supposed to be for people that are 2 years older, I think, so that gives you an idea.

About depression, IQ is not the real issue, the issues are loneliness, doubts, unanswered questions etc.

tfw no savant gf totally dependent on you for protection