I've just finished this book. Is it good?

I've just finished this book. Is it good?

Yes, very.

To quote my friend Vladimir Nabokov, pedophile extraordinaire:
>'Austen. Jane. Great.

Now go read Mansfield Park

It's one of the masterpieces of the English language. But it isn't her best.

You've just finished it; tell us.

which one is her best, user?

This is the only correct answer, what the fuck OP? Are you so much of a plebian you rely on an anonymous Mongolian throat-singing board to spoonfeed you your opinion of books you just read?

Yes

kys

I have some redpilled friends who said she was utter trash for feminists. Just wanted Veeky Forums's perspective. Evidently this place is full of numale cucks

Your friends are plebs and so are you.

Jane Austen has been recognised as one of the greats by both men and women alike since the Romantic era. She basically invented many common techniques of the novel which are still prevalent today (free indirect style), had the capacity for biting social satire, parody, great parochial realism, and, dare I say it, a bit of romance.

Before Austen: Dante, Homer, Milton, Shakespeare

After Austen: JK Rowling, GRR Martin, Stephen King

She ruined literature. Take the redpill

this is a troll right?

newfags

This is not OP btw but I agree with it.

Pride and Prejudice is from 1813, dude. You could make a case that Joyce was more harmful.

I was memeing, lad. I want to suck her asshole

Before Austen: cave paintings, cuneiform tablets with tallies marking the number of chickens sold, hieroglyphics

After Austen: Joyce, Nabokov, Kafka

Jane basically invented literature

Haven't read it yet, but Emma was pretty good and Persuasion is one of my favorite novels so far

Nice try

Interesting. I thought Emma was GOAT whilst Persuasion was the only Austen that I didn't enjoy much.

Jane Austen is great. Hilarious. Her books are some of my favs

If you just finished it, shouldn't you know if its good or not? Or do you need other people to make your opinions for you? In that case why even bother if you can't make a simple statement or thought by yourself?

I quite enjoyed it, but in comparison to Emma or Northanger Abbey, it's definitely not her best work.
In hindsight Austen herself even admitted, that it was 'too light and bright and sparkling'