Little over halfway through Ulysses, the first 200 pages were fun but now this is getting just tedious

Little over halfway through Ulysses, the first 200 pages were fun but now this is getting just tedious.
I'm hoping it's not this dull until the end, when does it start getting really good?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.frankdelaney.com/2010/06/re-joyce-episode-0-introduction-to-james-joyces-ulysses.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>reading 'le masturbatory form lmao' man

>there is nothing there. Stripped down, Ulysses is a tweet
Paulo Coelho was right all along.

put your eyes on the words, then on the sentences, until you've read the whole paragraph and then the page, and then do this until there are no more pages.

By now you should have noticed that each chapter is written in a very different style (or combination of styles), and that if you keep going, a different one will be along in a minute.

And yes, some parts are tedious until you realise what the author is getting at.

There really should be an award for this level of plebeianism. You should win a Kardashian, or something.

I'll remain a pleb reading Dostoevsky.

Should I read Odyssey before Ulysses? Will it make any sense if I go in dry?

nice try

my man not even 100mg cannacaps could get me to enjoy this slog. this shit is boring as fuck. I don't give a fuck about bloom eating liver and going to random restaraunts just get to the fucking action scenes already where he has to fight Stephen for his wife

It doesn't. You fell for the meme. Don't forget to check out totally wonderful Gravity's Rainbow and infinite Jest!

blog.frankdelaney.com/2010/06/re-joyce-episode-0-introduction-to-james-joyces-ulysses.html

I didn't, and got on well enough. Anyhow, most westerners will have absorbed much of the Odyssey by indirect means. Everybody's picked up a compendium of mythology at some point in their childhood.

retard, he is trolling the thread is about James Joyce's novel.

Loth as I am to reply to someone who can't capitalize or punctuate, he was asking if it's necessary to read Homer before reading Joyce.

Do try to keep up. You might learn something.

That is like asking: should i know Irish history and have a deep understanding of Christianity before reading?

What is a good version of this book for a first reading? I hear the Oxford 1922 text has a good introduction and notes.

>totally wonderful Gravity's Rainbow
OP here, this is my to-read stack atm and check whats up next
How bad did I fuck up?

Thanks mate!

but the flavor of piss in the kidneys!

Now got to page 400 and its getting good again. Damn good, for the prose and the fun

You are in a dense spot, just push until you make it into the sirens, thank me later, brainlet

You fucked up starting with Ulysses, the more well read you are the more enjoyble it gets
Read GR after Ulysses