How dangerous is it to eat food that was microwaved in a container with plastic...

How dangerous is it to eat food that was microwaved in a container with plastic? I always take the food out of the containers they come with and put them into a ceramic dish before heating because i'm scared of eating food that was warmed touching plastic in a microwave.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimony#Precautions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phthalate#Health_effects
time.com/3016961/23-6-billion-lawsuit-winner-to-big-tobacco-are-you-awake-now/
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/microwaving-food-in-plastic-dangerous-or-not
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More dangerous than you think. You could superheat your food then die of choking on the superheated food bits

You might touch the hot plastic and burn your hand

I just want a legitimate answer from someone who studies toxicology and stuff like that.

Ask yourself this question: If it were dangerous, why hasn't every food company that does it been sued into bankruptcy yet?

What, like tobacco companies?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimony#Precautions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phthalate#Health_effects

time.com/3016961/23-6-billion-lawsuit-winner-to-big-tobacco-are-you-awake-now/

>If it were dangerous
but it is. the plastics that are used to line things like the bowel in the OP leach endrocrine disrupters and shit like that.

Why do murrikans have this mentality?

>Reynolds asserted that the damages were not justified because Robinson was only married to Johnson for six years and that they were separated at the time of his death. Reynolds also claimed that Johnson’s son, who was 14 at the time of his father’s death, was not entitled to the damages because he never lived primarily with his father and “has not suffered lingering effects from his death.”

What a load of bullshit. Where the fuck is the money for all the other people who got cancer from smoking?

They're loaded with BPA's which are xenoestrogens that will end up in your food. Not to mention almost all of them have a fuck ton of soy in them. It's basically chemical castration.
>Here goy we mixed your daily dose of phytoestrogens and xenoestrogens

Have there been studies into long term effects of eating microwaved food from a plastic container?

no, and when it does people will start flipping out.

Did you escape from /x/ or /pol/?

What he said isn't /x/-tier. PETE contains BPA or BPS and leaches endrocrine disrupters, pthalates, and antimony. the soy shit i don't know about, but the plastics used in this stuff is definitely not safe to have warmed up in contact with food you eat.

Microwave are shit tier I've never owned one neither has my family.

As far as plastic containers go I have read that storing in LDPE, HDPE and a few other plastics are safe, however I would advise against heating any plastic container. Maybe if its marked something like "microwaveing safe" then it can be considered safe.

The thing is that a lot of stuff is added to the plastic to make it softer, fireresistant etc that could leak out when heated.

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/microwaving-food-in-plastic-dangerous-or-not

In summery if its marked "microwave safe" it should be ok but if you want to be on the safe side, transfer your food to a glass or porcelain container before heating.

Microwaves are not the problem.

>phytoestrogens and xenoestrogens
phytoestrogens are xenoestrogens

You're just being paranoid big guy.

>big goy

ftfy

if a plant is not from the US, it's not a real plant

THAT TURN OUR FROGS GAY

Fuck microwaves. Everyone knows they do something to protein that normal cooking doesn't, giving it a rubber like quality. Even low protein foods like chips (fries) made in the microwave taste like absolute shit.

Buy these
>A japanese style rice cooker
>A halogen cooker for meat and vegetables
>A small desktop oven for reheating

It probably is dangerous.

BPA's are basically turning us infertile. They're one of the reasons sperm counts in the developed world have gone through the floor in recent years.

Microwaves heat up your food from the inside by exciting water molecules so they dry out your food more. Regular cookers can't do that.

Microwaves don't heat from the inside out. That's a myth.
They also don't particularly heat water molecules more than other things like fats and proteins. That's also a myth.

Oh then I guess microwaves just denature proteins more than direct heat or something.

What the absolute fuck are you talking about

ok

It's dangerous for the same reason you don't leave water bottles out in the sun. Plastic leeches BPA and other xenoestrogens into your foods, but at a slow rate. Increasing the temperature increases the leeching. To see the dangers of XE's, look up Lake Apopka alligators or any study on fish exposed to XE's. All these chemicals are dangerous and you should live as naturally as you can. None of these are banned because there's no "direct" proof that these chemicals are the main cause of harmful effects such as decreasing sperm counts in humans. Even if there were, all the companies using these cheap chemicals wouldn't let any change happen. Live natural and educate your friends on the dangers of xenoestrogens.

Sure it does, goy.

Microwaves melt glass

They're great for heating liquids and anything not in plastic.

I can give you the "don't head from the inside out" statement on a technicality, but I will have to slap you on the second.

To explain, microwaves don't really excite frozen water molecules very well, which is why microwaving frozen things doesn't work very well, but things also freeze from the outside inward, so if there are any unfrozen water molecules still hanging about they're likely to be trapped inside the food, they'll heat first, heating those around them and causing more to melt, heating from the inside out.

Also, for other foods moisture loss to air starts from the outside so there is your second reason.

This should be common knowledge by now.

You have committed crimes against Europa and her people. What say you in your defense?

You are going to die. Let it sink.

Wrong.

Where did I say "Right now" ?
But in a few days, give or take, definitely, you will.

>Microwaves don't heat from the inside out
I have anecdotal evidence for this. Just heated frozen lasagna, outside hot as fuck, inside still frozen.

prove me wrong inside-out faggots