Has anyone else here been ostrichsized as a direct consequence of their intelligence...

Has anyone else here been ostrichsized as a direct consequence of their intelligence. Since I was a child I have known that I am "different" in some vague existential sense that I have been unable to articulate until recently. But after years of routine rejection, dismissal, humiliation and underestimation I realized that I am simply fated to be counted among that post-posthumously esteemed minority of artists and other geniuses who often suffered in obscurity their entire lives before death granted them the adulation they so obviously deserved in retrospect. Does anyone even relate to what I'm saying here?

Are there any good books about this sort of thing?

"ostrichsized"

That's the joke, friend

>rejection, dismissal, humiliation and underestimation
If you were intelligent, these things wouldn't happen to you.

>Does anyone even relate to what I'm saying here?

People think you're an arsehole, and you think it makes you special. Got it.

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. go fuck yourself.

Tell that to Nietzsche, van Gogh etc.

Here's an idea

>Has anyone else here been ostrichsized as a direct consequence of their intelligence.

I know you're joking but yes. It's when I realised acting like an elitist wanker isn't good for my social life.

>ostrichsized
So you're excluded because you've got the intellect AND shape of an ostrich?

This. Intelligence includes a certain social intelligence as well. You can be smart, but if you're intelligent, you'll circumvent the things that make people target you. AT LEAST where you're intelligence is involved. Smart is knowing shit. Intelligence is knowing when you need to shut your mouth to keep people from making fun of you. Of course, if people want to make fun of you, you're fucked. Kids will make fun of you for literally anything.

I know that this is bait, but the anti-intellectualism that I deal with on a daily basis is actually frustrating

Newton refused to even speak to people at dinner parties. Nietzsche responded to a woman flirting with him by giving her a pet toad. Most geniuses are describes as aspergic, withdrawn, socially awkward. If anything it's one of our distinguishing traits.

These people were probably happier than you though because they weren't dependent on other people.

Also you're being selective. What about people like Goethe, Hemingway, Kerouac, etc.

Haz eniwon els heere bin ostrichsized az uh direckt consicwhence uhv their intelligents? Sints eye wuz uh chiyld eye hav knone dat eye am "diffrent" inn sum vage eggsistenshull cents dat eye hav bin unaybull too articyoulate untill reesintlee. Butt aftur yeerz uhv rooteen rujecshin, dismissull, hyoomileeayshin an undurestimayshin I reelized dat eye am simplee fayted too bee cowntid amohng dat pohst-pohsthyoomuslee uhsteemd mynoreihtee uhv ahrtistz and uhther geenyisses hoo ohftin sufferd inn obscyouritee they're entiyre leyevz befour deth grantid dem duh adyoulayshin dey soh obveeyuslee duhzurvd inn retrospeckt. Duz eniwon eevin ruhlate too wut eyem sahying heere?

R they're eni gud bookz abowt dis sort uhv thing?

>equates himself with Newton and Nietzsche
>doesn't understand that correlation is not causation
Yeah, it's a mystery why people avoid you, autismo.

How does that not disprove what you said? You said geniuses were socially intelligent, and there were some that were not. So you're wrong in your assertion.

>I know that this is bait, but the anti-intellectualism that I deal with on a daily basis is actually frustrating
I think that is sort of the joke behind OP.

Both Newton and Nietzsche were completely socially competent. There's a difference between deliberately choosing to be eccentric due to personal convictions and being a clueless asocial cunt who thinks people dislike him because he's too intelligent.

Kek

We waz intelligence ostriches

>Hemingway, Kerouac on the same tier as Goethe, Newton and Nietzsche

Are you American? I feel like it's more of a problem there.

Kerouac lived with his mother all his life. Nobody gives a fuck about Goethe unless you're talking about van Goethe.

Yes. I am an extremely intelligent big-brained man, and I can tell you it's not easy being me. My insanely smart brain is always telling me all this irrelevant stuff: genius ideas, math equations, fractals etc. and I'm unable to concentrate fully on my natural vocation, which is being a supreme dumbass On-Line.

I know this is bait, but there is actual research indicating that you can only really socialize pleasantly with people +/- 20 IQ points of you, which is unsurprising.

Genius reporting in (my IQ is 271). These are my talents:
>mastered math at the age of 5, now every single original thought I have about math will turn into a groundbreaking proof (I will release them in 5 years from now, as far as I can tell math will jump 5000 years into the future thanks to my effort)
>intuitively understand motion, from quantum to classical
>through extreme focus I can see time and its inherent relationship with space: this is, my friends, the key to real understanding
>my memory palace is as big as the Solar System
>logic is perfectly encoded in my brain: at this point I simply can't make fallacies
>solved the problem of consciousness when I was 9
>Sam Harris appreciated an e-mail ai've sent him
>can complete a Rubick Cube in 3 minutes
>I've learnt Spanish (kinda, still not that good) when I was 21

Hi Veeky Forums or /r9k/ cross-poster

I loathe both boards and haven't visited either in years. I have been interested in and reading about gifted education for years. Try again.

There were threads right now on what you stated that's all

I like the style of this post. It's Dad-core in literary form.

Yeah. After having my six-part memoir rejected for publication (apparently the world is not ready for a piece of work as avantgarde as my 60 page depiction of drinking a glass of orange juice) I had another existential crisis with the depth and profundity befitting of a man twice my age. That's the point where I moved into a cabin in Norway that I inherited from my grandmother. Unfortunately, I lost my USB stick with stories on it on the way there.

Kill yourself.

>Smart is knowing shit.
Learn to speak English before you make another post, brainlet.

good post

MAH BOY IS WICKED SMAHT

awful post, terrible sense of humour

I disagree. It's subtly humorous and a wonderful example of dry humour.

>ostrichsized
Nice.
>"different" in some vague existential sense
This phrase makes no sense.
But after years of routine rejection, dismissal, humiliation and underestimation I realized that I am simply fated to be counted among that post-posthumously esteemed minority of artists and other geniuses who often suffered in obscurity their entire lives before death granted them the adulation they so obviously deserved in retrospect.
>muh misunderstood genius isn't taken seriously by you normies
Waste of trips.

They weren't intelligent

You aren't ostracized because you're smart. You're ostracized because you're a cunt who won't meet people halfway in communication.

Nice trips but some flabby prose.

>meet people halfway

Such a patronizing statement. If they can't ascend to my intellectual heights why the heck should I disrespect both myself and them by acting like a retard so they can comprehend me?

Most (if not all) great thinkers make concessions for their audiences. This is more important today than ever. This idea that people should listen to you just because you think you're smart is absurd.

You're making a pretty broad assumption about other peoples' abilities when you say that they can't "ascend to your intellectual heights." There's plenty of human beings that love to learn and would legitimately enjoy hearing ideas half as brilliant as you claim yours are. If you aren't willing to make a meaningful effort in conveying them, though, there's a good chance they'll die with you. Is that what you want?

You should read Plato's Sophist.

Can you posit an insight or accomplishment, however vague, that can give me some kind of idea of why you perceive yourself as intelligent?

>There's plenty

Lol YOU FUCKING RETARD you used wrong grammar AHAHAHAHAHHHHH hahahaahahahhahahha

i was bullied in school. Does that mean i am 108 iq pleb and i should kill myself. Why do i read all those philosophers if i forget them because i am idiot?? Jesus christ why i was born as inferior male, and in poor, working class family

artist here. van gogh wasn't a genius whatsoever

Genius here. You're not an artist "whatsoever".

yes I am. it's very easy to be an artist. even easier to be well read on art history. van gogh struggled immensely to produce art of any quality, his work is remembered for it's uniqueness.

Whatsoever here. Y'all are not what you are, and or not

>fractals

Holy shit, 10/10 post

This is that 100 post user again.
Newfags, there is a poster who constantly creates really elaborate schemes to mess with people by getting them to feel sympathy for his character and then slowly dissolve into autism, it usually always begins with calling himself a genius (I've noticed this pattern) he used to joke about his 6 volume memoir or this time that he paid a publisher to publish his book and he scheduled a book signing at a barnes and noble where only his mom came and bought 3 copies of the book. He does this because he's admitted he has nothing else in life and gets some sort of pleasure out of it, anyway, he had me going for a little bit until I saw him descend into cunty autism but the nail in the coffin is this quote that he always uses when people ask to see his writing in these threads (because it's pretty good but it comes from an archived post from years ago back when warosu was up, someone else found that one out, he usually takes any written material from past critique threads but almost always this one):
>"Magnus realized, with a sort of laugh, that every joke he had recently heard had been told by himself, to himself, and at his own expense."
Anyway OP, you should really find something else to occupy your time if this is all you really have.

>I have known that I am "different" in some vague existential sense
(should have) stopped reading there

stick to your own thread beerboy

actually no, don't

>IQ points

My problem is that anytime i express my opinion about something, people roll their eyes and think i'm pretentious for using long words, i don't even consider myself super intelligent, i just talk fluently and know my way. But at this point i don't even open my mouth sometimes, people don't wanna talk and analyze stuff anymore. It is truly frustrating

Read Huysman's Against Nature you flaming homosexual

Either you'll read it and be put off the idea of being a lofty artist (good), or you'll miss the point and try and imitate his splendent and indulgent lifestyle and end up diabetic (also good).

>ostrichsized
should have stopped reading there

Good news. You probably aren't as smart as you think you are.

This.

Really intelligent people don't even let on that they're intelligent. You can't even distinguish between them and other people. If people are ostracising you because you're "too intelligent", it might just be that you have an inflated idea of your own intelligence and lack the social graces to realise that other people tend to be more modest, or downplay their intelligence for the sake of social harmony.

Most people will not forsake someone because they're intelligent. People LIKE intelligent people. They just don't like arrogance, condescension or constant signalling of intellectualism.

>doesn't act dumb and offensive to secretly show your contempt for people while making them laugh

It's like you're not even a Shakespearean fool, o-or even Hamlet!

Both perseverance through struggle and uniqueness are arguably signs of ingenuity.

This is what I do. I'm genuinely only nice in class/job and around certain people.

And you're probably one of those stupid "autodidacts" who is totally against the oppression of university, right?

Because that's where people have those kinds of discussions. So much so that they tend to NOT want them in the pub because they want a break from the intellect.

You're not advanced enough

I'm just never nice. Never. Fuck people.

meh he was just mentally ill

Noise, you are truly beyond good and evil.

unoriginal

You crammed way too many memes, and forgot the best one in that batch.

4.5/10

Fuck you

You sound sexually frustrated, and im not shitposting user. I sounded exactly like you until I finally nut in a pussy when I was 19, a whole weight was lifted from my shoulders, I'm a lot calmer now
>artist here
lmao as if that means anything
>I draw waifus for weebs online I am the end all for knowledge and judgment of all things art
Stop talking out of your ass to appear contrarian on a fucking image board, it's embarrassing