Stopping the Yellow Stone Super Volcano

So i think i can stop the Yellow Stone super volcano by shoving hollow rods underground and then the lava goes up and the lava is drained from the volcano. do you think it will work?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/04/24/402032765/scientists-discover-massive-new-magma-chamber-under-yellowstone
blogs.discovermagazine.com/rockyplanet/2017/08/31/2250904/#.WaohRJVK3IU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't think it's stored in a depository, but is part of a vast underground network which can flood new lava into the system. More research needed, but I think

>"For the first time, we have imaged the continuous volcanic plumbing system under Yellowstone," first author Hsin-Hua Huang, also a postdoctoral researcher in geology and geophysics, is quoted by a University of Utah statement as saying. "That includes the upper crustal magma chamber we have seen previously plus a lower crustal magma reservoir that has never been imaged before and that connects the upper chamber to the Yellowstone hotspot plume below."

>"But now a second, much larger reservoir of partially molten rock has been discovered by researchers at the University of Utah. There's enough magma inside, they say, to fill the Grand Canyon more than 11 times."

"Contrary to popular perception, the magma chamber and magma reservoir are not full of molten rock. Instead, the rock is hot, mostly solid and sponge-like, with pockets of molten rock within it. Huang says the new study indicates the upper magma chamber averages about 9 percent molten rock — consistent with earlier estimates of 5 percent to 15 percent melt — and the lower magma reservoir is about 2 percent melt.
"So there is about one-quarter of a Grand Canyon worth of molten rock within the much larger volumes of either the magma chamber or the magma reservoir, [postdoctoral researcher and co-author Jamie] Farrell says."

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/04/24/402032765/scientists-discover-massive-new-magma-chamber-under-yellowstone

Ho

So you'd have to siphon rock also, which I'm sure's not going to happen. Maybe try a crane system and make a HUGE mountain out of the extracted material. Holy shit that would be epic

>Turn yellowstone into a giant geothermal energy source
>Pump down water and extract steam through a turbine until it cools down

Where the hell are you going to get that much water

It's pretty close to the ocean, right?

It's well over 600 miles, and more importantly, over 8000 feet above sea level.

What about a giant funnel to collect rain

Best idea I've read so far

well if you can't move the sea to the volcano why not move the volcano to the sea?

When this volcano ejaculates will i be safe in Urawp?

No one is safe

Underground nuclear fracking.

Find the stress points and relieve them early.

Nope. Mass extinction event.

The big gun.

The answer is simple.
Tunnel from the ocean to the super volcano core.
Aim it at Japan/North Korea
Then finish them off.

For those who saw the original thread,
blogs.discovermagazine.com/rockyplanet/2017/08/31/2250904/#.WaohRJVK3IU

lies, you Americans just made this up so we help you with your little volcano

When that super volcano blows, the whole world is fucked

There's a lot of lava user. A lot.

No
There is a huge pressure in the volcano that keeps the CO2 dissolved in the magma. Once you would release the pressure, the CO2 would be released too. This would open more cracks in the ground and cause a runaway reaction leading to an explosion. Besides that, the magma is too viscous to flow in a rod smoothly.

Don't. Just use a closed cycle with a condenser.

It wasn't the last three times, or the unknown number of other times there were lesser eruptions.

I think that's already happening.

Why don't we literally just nuke yellowstone? If it can beat Japan it can beat a volcano.

It depends on your definition of "fucked." Some populations of people will survive, but civilization will be over.

pretty sure that's the opposite of what you want...

your America isn't the human civilization

Lol

It will happen long after we're all dead so why do you care?
>giving a shit about people hundreds of years from now

Ingenious!

Why not just spill water on it and collect obsidian?