Does moon phase have any relevance to anything in life...

Does moon phase have any relevance to anything in life? Does life function differently during different phases of the moon?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/37927-how-moon-affects-nocturnal-animals.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle#The_Moon
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstruation_(mammal)#Animal_estrous_cycles
youtube.com/watch?v=zuHzNRynSLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Moon phase really got shaft going.

Yes. Try Google next time. Period.

Tried it but would like some direct sources to science.

google.ca/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/37927-how-moon-affects-nocturnal-animals.html

Yes, the moon is my oyster.

Use google scholar.

Yes animal heat. & Woman menstrual cycle.
Woman mood changes synchronized with moon phases.
Man mood change mainly with the sun's day-night cycle & the four seasons (spring, summer, fall & winter) during a year.
It's why in mysticism, the moon is associated with females, sun with males.
Be aware of the "bloody moon" "Period"

>The sun is associated with males

Wrong, males praise the sun as a female goddess of warmth and life.

This. But it's more like a magnificent father.

Think about this! The moon controls the tides right? We are, what, 70% water? The moon MUST affect us!

>mood changes
you guys have no fucking idea how annoying it is to have periods and a female brain. Sure, life is on easy mode, but at what cost?
>emotional
>irrational
>impulsive
>deep internal/instinctual need to focus on finding a mate and raising children, thus making it more difficult to really excel at math or science
>once a month you feel like you're going through puberty again
>cramps like a devil baby is trying to claw it's way out of you
>food cravings
>crazy swings in libido
>malaise
>crying over nothing constantly
>stupid random pimples as an adult
>embarrassment and shame of having to deal with it at all, why can't we just be normal and strong like men
s-sorry I'm on my period and I just hate it so much

Well, sorry about that. But there's at least one thing you don't have to worry about now: the moon, because periods have absolutely no relation to it.Not at all.
If you think about it, it's a totally absurd idea. What would be the connection? Full moon causes period? or half moon? or a quarter? Every women has her period at the same time? No? Maybe there are full-moon-women, quarter-moon-women, etc, and the members of these groups are different in some way? This is bullshit. Also, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle#The_Moon

Women living in close proximity tend to have their periods synchronize.

Biologically In most animals Period/menstruation, heat & ovulation synchronize with the moon.
Human menstrual cycle are out of phase (with an offset, different starting points) but Human females still keep the 28 day period & frequency seen in other animals.

Living in close proximity to what? The Moon?

>>irrational
>>impulsive
how are these female traits
I can agree with estrogen maybe causing what people would call "emotionalness", but really?
feels like cultural/societal bias to me

Yes.

You have no idea what you talking about, lunatic retard. Get the fuck out of Veeky Forums with this mystical shit.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstruation_(mammal)#Animal_estrous_cycles

Well, in that case the myth may be true!

Women are so disgusting. Why can't they be like 2D?

That leaves us with the following periods:
- pre menstrual tension
- menstrual rage
- post menstrual wrath
with a day or so before it begins again. Unless full moon of course in which case you take to the hills.

men have the same, not as distinct as women, but it is there

We are disconnected from the moon cycles because we have electric light everywhere now.

If you don't, moonlight allows you to be much more active in the time around full moon, because you can see shit outside the radius of your fire.

I've lived in no electricity settings for months and the moon really becomes THE important cycle.

You know every day when it will be there, for how long and learn to be in bed before the light runs out, or wait for it to move later in the night in the days after full moon.

It also makes a lot of sense to synchronize fertility with it. It's a pretty good signal for "do it now and get bonus for successful mating" and organisms using it will outbreed the ones that don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=zuHzNRynSLc

>It also makes a lot of sense to synchronize fertility with it. It's a pretty good signal for "do it now and get bonus for successful mating" and organisms using it will outbreed the ones that don't.
This does not make sense.

focusing reproductive activity and fertility on a few days > randomly trying it all over the place

I thought that this was a misunderstanding based on the nature of similarly-timed cycles. If you have three cars with turn signals with similar periodicity (e.g. 1/300 miliseconds, 1/320 miliseconds, and 1/360 miliseconds), then they will soon sync up, but then gradually unsync again.

Still doesn't make sense.

It takes 9 months to deliver a baby so in a primitive tribe it remains unlikely that all females give birth simultaneously. Just one spontaneous abortion will reset the clock by 1 month at least and then you are out of sync.

sigh
>if all get horny on full moon and make a lot of snusnu, tribe is blessed with many little ones

seasons are obviously important too, most fertile phase for humans is spring.

mothmen

>mfw born in winter