This scrawny motherfucker averages 60-70 fiction books per year, many of them 600+ pages. What is your excuse, bitch?

This scrawny motherfucker averages 60-70 fiction books per year, many of them 600+ pages. What is your excuse, bitch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tc6Q97b5l50
hobopancakes.com/2014/09/02/literary-stylings/
youtube.com/watch?v=-QI52C2Gmqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

holy shit i bet he a liberal and has sex

we must destroy him.

>tfw you only read 20ish books every year

I AM BRAINLET

>his favorite pynchon novel is bleeding edge
Is it really that good bros?

Who is that piece of shit?

what is that, a book a week? not all that hard if that's just what you want to do.

It is awful.

That dude's haircut should be your answer.

i read 70 every year

there are 52 weeks in a year

Stop making Veeky Forums look bad please.

>60-70 American pomo works
So he reads about 2 good books worth in a year.

Who is that motherfucker?
Never seen his shitface before

Who dat

yeah, and that's fifty two books. pretty close to 60 books. if you read a dozen smaller books along with it, that shit is easy.

The book chemist on youtube, one of the few actually tolerable book reviewers online

>t. thebookchemist shilling himself

Literally who

I chortled

I just told literally (You)

I'm not a literature PhD and I have to do other things during my day than read

like post on a literature board about reading?

fuck off nerd

I literally read a book everyday

That's not even to shame everyone, it's just not impressive to read 100 books.

This year I tripped a bit because the sound and the fury is fucking confusing, took me 3 days

I'm also old though

spending 20 minutes a day on Veeky Forums isn't a substantial amount of time you complete idiot

I mean... does he write about the books? How do we know he's actually reading that much? It's not hard to just skim books, absorbing as much as possible but focusing more on speed and then doing all your research after the fact so you can convince people you actually read them.

Am I crazy for assuming that's what someone like this would do?

>tfw close to 5 hours today

>skim
>70 books

He is reading instead of watching netflix or playing videogames, at a normal pace.

maybe, but his reviews make it sound like he's actually developed his own opinions on them and has a passion for it when he likes a book he reviews. I guess it's possible that he just read a wiki summary and pretended, but that's the type of behavior I would only expect of Veeky Forums cretins

I don't know about this shit.
When I was in high school, I used to grab books off the shelves at random and "read" them in one sitting, sometimes two or three a day. And I only did it so I could tell people I was doing it. It wasn't until I started actually enjoying literature that I started to take my time.

yeah, I don't know how possible it is to read a book each day while actually paying attention to the prose and details in a meaningful way that facilitates more than recall summary. I read a lot, but pretty slowly because I like to take my time with syntax and prose structure. Maybe it's easier to read faster if that's not your thing

I read pretty fast, then will skim for notes.
I also don't watch tv, play games, etc and I fast every other day. Also work part time and live alone

I don't like to read

>What is your excuse, bitch?

I'm not a booktuber and have other hobbies. Also I'm pretty lazy and might had ADHD.

However, I genuinely wonder if people like Bookchemist feel burnt out by making vids about books for so long. It's one thing to start making them because you get a real hard-on for novels but quite another to find that you gotta keep grinding them out or else.

I'd love to discuss it with the man at a bar while he acts as my wing-man (and vice versa).

Come here and fuck my boipussy then

How old are you? Do you ever feel lonely? This is how I want to live but I don't know if I have the fortitude

i love how you try to make it sound like you live some sort of noble, stripped down Spartan existence but you still find time to post on Veeky Forums to convince strangers you aren't a pseud lol

>Only 60-70

What a pleb.

Ok.

I'm 28. I mean it does get lonely sometimes, the worst was 3 years ago when I tore my LCL and needed some help around the house but other than that it's nice and easy on myself. I would just go for it. If you don't like it you can always change your lifestyle

I'm afraid I cannot.

I bet he wets his bed at night when he hears the floor creaking as Mommy goes to pee.

Good lord I love the Bookchemist. I've watched all of his videos
I'm not gay, but I'd perform deep oral sex if he asked.

60-70 is not 52. I wish I didn't have to tell you.

He's a PhD student in the UK specializing in American Literature, also something about post-postmodernism.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tc6Q97b5l50

He's also been published in 2 anthologies.
I found this too. It's pretty funny. I read it in his accent.
hobopancakes.com/2014/09/02/literary-stylings/

Havent you read Seneca? You're supposed to read the same author over and over again for months till you become him. Who's going to remember that many fiction books and have time to reflect on them?

very nice elegant post user

Hello Tai

This. You must dwell upon what you read, and read quality over quantity.

Also
>getting a PhD in pomo

kek

My man Steve reads three times as many. Get rekt plebs

I'll throw my lot in with these. Reading that particular Seneca epistle was mind altering. I realized that the authors I skimmed over were lost, versus those I keep returning to, so now I give authors months rather than days. Montaigne will be in my life forever

Southside Steve?

THIS MAN reads more books in a day than you could in a year
youtube.com/watch?v=-QI52C2Gmqg

>There are people reviewing children's cartoons that have more views than him
>There are people reviewing fast food that have more views than him

What's the point in reading all of these books if you can't garner an audience?

Book recommendation: About a Boy
Movie recommendation: a Muppet Christmas Carol

>UK

Which uni?

>if people dont know that ive done something, did it really matter

ok big boys let's carliclaire that guy!

HI SHITFUCKS IT'S YA BOI DICKNIPS HERE TIME TO TALK ABOUT BLOOD MERIDIAN LIKE WOW THE JUDGE SURE IS FUCKED UP HUH BE SURE TO LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE IT REALLY HELPS ME OUT THAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NKS

>60-70 fiction books per year
Try 100+ books per month kiddo

I like to take my time, because I want to take my time.

what's your excuse for not having greying hair at age 23?