Is there any practical use to literature?

Is there any practical use to literature?

How is knowledge of stories and poems applicable in every day life?

It seems to me the only practicality of this knowledge is for writers and professors

I get laid a lot from pretending to be deep and well-read.

>It seems to me the only practicality of this knowledge is for writers and professors

Even supposing this were true, what of it?

Is there any use to looking at a beautiful painting?

No. It is merely contemplation of beauty.

Art for art's sake

To be able to think critically.

To become better at observation

To be more creative in your modes of thought and speech

Empathetic, imaginative, linguistic exercise. Also increases general and specific knowledge in a more lastingly absorbable way than outright declaration of facts or theses.

I hope this slakes your autistic thirst for complete utility. Saged

Yes, there is.
You are born as human being in this period and that environment. You can't tell what people around you think or feel, even when they tell you.
But then you read a book. You experience events from a distance or as one of the characters. You shift your perspective. You are no longer user, you are the reader.
Books are great school of empathy. By learning about other people's stories you can find parallels to your life. By reading a book you can see, that people are deeper than it seems.
Books also show you how to communicate. How to formulate sentences and what is essential to keep reader's interest.
There are also bad books. They are as important as good ones. You can learn what you should do not.
And last thing, that is probably most important - it's fun. Sometimes you have to do fun things.

I would struggle to find a post more pseud than this

you can just tell that he loves contemplating a black man mounting his wife

What is a practical use ?

Le cocu pour le cocu.

What are you fucks even doing here?

bump

I just find reading fun desu.

>a lot
How do you do it? My pretension has only gotten me 1 succ

Define pseud you idiot

Nicely put, user.

>practical use
Not defined
>everyday life
Pure ideology

>every day life is ideology

Dumbass

pretending to be deep and well-read desu

The phrase and its implications is ideology.

Explain why

Literature is the more sophisticated way of posing a question you fucking monkey

No.

You parrot a buzzword and you cannot even explain in your own words why.

Pathetic amateur child.

You project what pain exists in your own mind and expect me to respond to them as you would.

You asked for it

One way that literature is useful is that it enables people to share knowledge that is abstract or hard to define. Asking someone how they're feeling, people might weigh up all the things going on and say that they're happy, but being pressed on what kind of happiness they might tell you what's happened to them in the last week so you can evaluate their happiness or they might give an anecdote/simile. All these are mechanisms used in literature, the happiness of having a child is quite different from that of experiencing a good meal having a nice chat with a friend. Being able to recall language used or an image evoked, when trying to describe something is a big hand with soft skills. If asked in a job interview how you feel you can weigh up all your emotions and say fear, which is true, or you can be more descriptive and say that you feel like a kid who's been asked to move up a class (best example I can think of off the top of my head)