Is Secular Humanism worth reading into or is it just a meme?

Is Secular Humanism worth reading into or is it just a meme?

No, to get big boy points on Veeky Forums you need to be either a redpiller or a Catholic (on Veeky Forums at least).

We are too consumed with hatred and bitterness to buy the humanism meme

It's pretty much a meme

Lit hates it, therefore yes you should read up on it and consider it a valuable option.

You can be a "pessimistic" secular humanist and it won't be such a meme

Do you guys not understand what memes are? Just because something is a cultural hand-me-down doesn't automatically make it invalid. Probably the opposite.

Fucking hell, why do I waste so much time on a website I can't stand!?

>The philosophy or life stance of secular humanism (alternatively known by some adherents as Humanism, specifically with a capital H to distinguish it from other forms of humanism) embraces human reason, ethics, social justice, and philosophical naturalism while specifically rejecting religious dogma, supernaturalism, pseudoscience, and superstition as the bases of morality and decision making.

Sounds okay on the tin though tbf it's all ideology, the meme Ham Sarris is a Secular humanist

>cultural hand-me-down

That's the formal definition of a meme though

We're creating our own lingo and modes of inherent understanding here

Maymays have no truth value user. Only dips think that way.

>secular anything as the basis for a moral system

Please tell me how you are using it differently, because hand-me-down can also be that you got it from someone else on the internet. Why would an idea inspired from someone else automatically be less valid?

Everything major ideology is a fucking meme, you moron. Don't read books, don't ever say anything you have ever heard to another person ever or you've done been meme'd my friend.

Hey I think I'll check out humanism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out conservativism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out relativism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out postmodernism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out modernism
>meme'd
Hey I think I'll check out metaphilolinguisticulturalinheribiosociomarxoanarchivism
>ultra meme'd

I mean, why even try to have a discussion here at this point?

This. Meme is just a catch all deriding adjectival noun. Meme game, meme author, meme philosophy. Etc.

OK, so you are literally using the word meme with the same level of meaning as cunt and dick and pisshead?

That's fucking stupid.

whew lad calm down

Don't tell me which direction to calm in ever again.

Clam up. Heh. heh-heh-hehhh..

It's worse than a meme! It's redundant.

Its more nuanced than that, but yes close.

How is it nuanced? So it means that it's being propagated despite being not genuinely valuable?

Lol, it's nothing compared to phenomenology and psychoanalysis.

I want to check out reducing our experience to the present moment!
>that's a meme'd
I want to examine the aspects of my mind that I am normally unaware of, particularly the structures set in place when I was a kid, and make them conscious!
>that's a meme'd
>meme'd
>meme'd
>meme'd
>meme'd

Your meme'd kid. I don't need to offer any other argument. You just got meme'd hardcore. Annoyed at me? Oh you better believe that's a meme'd.