Thoughts on Robert Crumb?

Is he the most Veeky Forums cartoonist?

>inb4 go back to /co/

a genius of humor

I like the doc about him.

>Robert Crumb: I always kind of envied your life in a way, cos my life has become so hectic and...
>Charles Crumb: Why, because I was so detached from the human race? Is that one of the reasons why you envy me?
>Robert Crumb: You got this cloistered environment with your books.
>Charles Crumb: Believe me, it's nothing to envy.

Charles is pretty Veeky Forums

A question about "Crumb":

When Robert drew the self-portrait while being filmed (him in a bed with lights & camera pointed at him) that had him saying "I'm nauseous", did he mean it literally (i.e. that he inspires nausea in others) or did he mean to say "I'm nauseated"? This has been bothering me since I saw the documentary.

he is a funny guy

funniest line in that amazing doc: R goes into charles's room, it's pretty decrepit like the rest of the house. There's piles of books everywhere.

R: "So, uh... read any good books lately?"

since "nauseous" can refer to either, I'm guessing it's the latter, and I'm also guessing that you're a pedant.

true

>gets bullied in school
>starts having homosexual pedophile fantasies
>isolates himself from society
>NEET
>sits around reading and feeling bad
>kills himself

Is Charles, dare I say, /ourguy/?

His cartoon of the book of Genesis is probably his best work.

Mfw I'm gonna be exactly like Crumb if I ever make it, and he also likes Blues. Based Crumb.

I love everything he's done with literary works. His Kafka stuff is the bomb.

he can draw like a motherfucker
I've only read bits and pieces of him in situations like this thread or in a few comics of my old semi-hippie musician old neighbour but it's generally great too

his cartoon of having hot, strong women push Donald Trump's head down a toilet is probably his best work.

Pretty good desu, and I'd in all honesty have voted for him were I American.

Crumb went after anybody he thought needed caricaturing.

>Crumb went after anybody he thought needed caricaturing.

name two others Crumb went after.

The doc about him is great. Especially his brother Charles is super fascinating. Seemed like a superior talent to R. but sadly also superior in mental troubles.

he's Veeky Forums

Crumb is pretty merciless towards most modern culture and its participants. That being said, I can't think of anyone else he's attacked directly like he did to Trump.

Does anyone have his comic based on Sartre's Nausea? Can't find any decent pics

>I can't think of anyone else he's attacked directly like he did to Trump.
Well what about Bruce Springsteen?

This is lit/ not co/, read the fucking book!!!

Why are these being uploaded in such shitty quality?

So you have to pay for it. This is a shill thread.

if you can read the fucking text, don't complain. decent comic scans often run to eight or nine megabytes per page.

>decent comic scans often run to eight or nine megabytes per page.
Utterly bullshit

... You've made a convincing case at least.

> scans his comics at 300 dpi

whatever.

This is trash, why the fuck would you post it?

he's probably the most /r9k/ cartoonist

My Troubles With Women is painful and brilliant

is it online somehwere?

I would have thought Alan Moore or Grant Morrison or Neil Gaiman would be the most Veeky Forums cartoonists

Ivan Brunetti is pretty Veeky Forums.

>Alan Moore
Sometimes

>Grant Morrison
never

>Neil Gaiman
never

Not to dismiss him entirely but Crumb is overrated. The whole underground comix thing doesn't transcend its times very well. Or maybe it does a bit in Crumb's case: his transgressive childish fantasy comics are basically proto-/pol9k/. His work with Pekar is probably the most interesting because Pekar wrote it.

How can anyone enjoy this grotesque shit

The grotesqueness is the point.