What is so special about this guy

people talk and name drop Grothendieck on here all the time

calling him a mathematical god or the einstein of 20th century math

what made him so special?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.br/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/20011-brain-cognition-gender-differences.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jewish_intelligence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>what made him so special?
his contribution to Mathematics

P

yep

He had low performance IQ so verbalcels picked him to try and reassure themselves.
In other words he was a brainlet, so the brainlets on here like him.

Or it could be the fact that he was one of the most influential mathematicians of the 20th century

Who gives a shit about algebraic geometry? Seriously?

>greatest mathematician of anything
>"hurr 57 is prime"
how can you not just see that. whenever you think of 57 you think of 19x3.
what a brainlet.
verbalcucks btfo

How does it feel that the guy who thinks the number 57 is prime is a greater mathematician than you'll ever be?

he's a greater brainlet for sure.
math is number theory + straightedge and compass geometry

57 looks pretty prime to me and I would mistake it for being prime as well

what the fuck

hell i'd probably even think 51 is prime

fucking brainlets they are the excrement upon my shoe

just look at it, it's odd, doesn't end with 5 and is pretty big, a very decent candidate for a prime number

It's easier to fall for 91 (7 x 13)
But 57... baka

17 looks prime to me

Read about him, if you're in èns, ask profs about him.

i once thought that 31 was prime

who gives a fuck if he thought 57 was a prime

he was the goat 20th century mathematician

How do I summon Satan?

Algebraic geometry is the study of geometries that come from algebra, in particular, from rings. In classical algebraic geometry, the algebra is the ring of polynomials, and the geometry is the set of zeros of polynomials, called an algebraic variety. For instance, the unit circle is the set of zeros of x^2 + y^2 = 1 and is an algebraic variety, as are all of the conic sections.

With Algebraic geometry: P = NP

91 has a smaller prime factor so it's easier to get, dumbass

if he's a greater brainlet why dont you make more archievments than him? I think we both know you'll die irrelevant eeven though you're "smarter" than him

>verbalcucks

I too despise the post-war influx of verbally oriented """"mathematicians"""""

>People talk and name drop Grothendieck on here all the time
Because he was wizard virgin math autist

>what made him so special?
Rebuild entry branch mathematics and Grad Student gets hard time study Algebraic Geometry.

91=13*7
57=19*3

einstein wad the einstein of the 20th century.

>einstein of 20th century math
verbalcuck brainlets are despicable. can't think for shit, manipulate sentences without seeing what they mean.
fucking brainlets, they truly are the excrement upon my shoe.

5+1=6 then 51 is divisible by three, it's impossible to bat an eye on this shit and don't see this... fucking brainlets

Guys, you need to go back to middle school and learn divisibility criteria, this is embarrasing

FUCK

What does Focault have to do with Veeky Forums? I don't understand.

calling grothendieck a brainlet

what the fuck is wrong with this board?

the largest prime factor is smaller

That doesn't look anything like Leon Foucault, who actually is perfectly relevant to Veeky Forums.

Aside from being one of the most influential mathematicians of the 20th century, he had a very unique background as far as mathematicians go. He was at times embarrassingly deficient in more traditional areas of math, but his style of problem solving made him incredibly good at his chosen area of study. One professor who attended one of his seminars described him like an advanced alien scholar sent here to speed up our development.

Fascinating, seems to be first hand, thank you for sharing. Is there more he told you about him or his seminar?

god called him a brainlet when he was born
sorry verbalcucks! we don't live in make believe land ahahaha!

But 9+1=10 and 91 is not divisible by 10 or 5?

really interesting to see how someone focuses on something so asinine and thinks they're superior for it. It's actually really sad how flimsy this guy must be to say something like this; I can only imagine the level of imposter syndrome this guy is struggling to overcome.

groth the g

Why do you guys despise more verbally-oriented people? Is there an actual reason for spatial reasoning being better than verbal or you just assume it is shit because women and jews are better at it?

>women and jews are better at it
source?
also performance is what most people call "genius" i.e. being able to visualize. Chess players, savants, etc.
Verbal is literally autism. Anyone can simulate having high verbal IQ. I know, I'm a verbalcuck myself (153 on verbal scale, tested by a shrink) and though I'm really good at stuff like abstract algebra I know anyone could best me with work.

>source?
google.com.br/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/20011-brain-cognition-gender-differences.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jewish_intelligence
You can look for others sources too if you want. Men and women both have similar IQs, women lack spatial reasoning, so they compensate on the verbal side.

Both verbal and spatial reasoning can be used to visualize stuff. Spatial reasoning isn't the same as just seeing stuff in your head, it's manipulating information in a 3D setting, be it physical objects or abstract concepts.
I'm a verbalcuck too, but I mainly process verbal information visually because of synaesthesia. I literally see numbers and manipulate them visually in my head like I'm writing them on paper. My spatial reasoning, on the other hand, is pretty average (better than women's but still average).