Start with the greeks, continue with...?

Start with the greeks, continue with...?

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mario Puzo

resume with the romans

Romans

advance to the aztecs

if you are studying the greeks read the complete fragments of the presocratics...

find it here - gen.lib.rus.ec

>the Major Presocratics

Implying there are fragments of Minor Presocratics?

:)

0:

Cool. Thanks.

Romans are entirely skippable. All they did was regurgitate greek culture. It's actually baffling how little did Rome to add to the world culture despite dominating in all others aspects of history for good 1000 years.

That's a great point if you don't give a fuck about law or statehood or some of the most remarkable heroes the ancient world has to offer.

If you're marking things down as "skippable" then you've already missed the point.

>if you don't give a fuck about law or statehood
What the fuck do law and statehood have to do with literature
> most remarkable heroes the ancient world
What the fuck do history and politics have to do with literature

They're still important for history of the Europe.
They made military advancements unlike never before..
They had great, exemplary leaders.

idk mate, you are pretty rough

>Recommend Iliad
>"Epic Poem"
>Recommend Fagles version which isn't a poem anymore, just a book

I recommend the Alexander Pope version if anyone wants it in prose. It is a wonderful translation, though the Fagles one is very direct, concise, and still a good read.

I hope you're just pretending to be retarded. If not, if you get the opportunity, you should kill yourself.

refer to

>he only reads fiction

embarrassing

>he doesn't think politics and history influence fiction

embarrassing

This should be obvious, but people aren't writing literature without civilization. Many modern cities are built up from Roman colonies. Romans spread the very infrastructure for civilization.

Resume with the Romans or continue with the Chinese

Yeah it's ridiculous to totally disconnect literature from its backdrop. IMO there's a bad lack of non-fiction reading on lit, but at the very least I'd hope that people would appreciate the connection between the two, even if they don't know enough to understand it in every case.

So you admit that the only cultural contribution from romans is creating a mighty civilization that ended up inspiring some writers centuries after Rome fell? Glad we agree on that, I straight-up wrote in my original post that romans dominated all others aspects of historical relevance. Their literature, however, is mostly trash.

Please go away, Mr. Exemplary Autist.

I really should get around to finishing that fucking chart one of these days. Does anyone know what font the creator of:
used when they made the original chart? I don't want to use a different font when I finish the new one.

amerindians

Commence with the Christians

Stop there imo.

OK, so I've commenced with the Christians now, after resuming with the romans from starting with the Greeks.

Any advice? Should I just read the Russians?

>I straight-up wrote in my original post that romans dominated all others aspects of historical relevance. Their literature, however, is mostly trash.
So true.

So we shouldn't read about Romans because wow their genre fiction was shit, who cares what other things their politics and economies achieved then because you cant read about roman Joyce wanting to eat farts

wow
oww

>that description of Herodotus

Sounds like someone only read the first 15 pages.

Well to be fair the Persian war is contained in the very last book, but you're right, The Histories is about way more than contained in the synopsis there.

Not the guy you're responding to, but would proceeding with the Persians be a good idea?

NO.

Continue with the continentals.

then Ascend with the Arabs.

But wouldn't immediately ascending with the Arabs after continuing with the continentals leave me bereft of the Brits?

Arab flowchart when?

McDonald's menu.

Is there a better chart than this, more up to date etc?

>thinking the study of 2-3000 year old works is revolutionized every 3 years

>thinking I'm referring to the works and not other books dealing with the same material

>Plato just dropped a new mixtape last month

it isnt a critique/discussion list you fucking nigger

Unfortunately this this disenfranchised exploited house nigger has not been subject to the warm coddlings of discretion or tact or any excess of kindness for a long time so you can imagine why my thoughts don't immediately go to a forum discussion on my assorted virtues u fucking piece of shit faggot

U made son

>Finished with the Romans

What do?

Start with the The Greco-Romans & Constantine.

The bible, apocrypha, aquinas, etc.

What about the Arabs?

Always Finish with the Francs

Merge with the Memes

don't forget the sacred texts of the Ancient Finnish Empire

I can recommend the books of Kyösti Wilkuna for that, and of course Kalevala and Kanteletar :v)

Bumped

>NO LUCRETIUS
LMAAOO DELETE THAT SHIIITE

Are there really no Arab literature flowchart?

Roman stoicism is absolutely retarded

The Godfather is unironically one of my favorite books.

The Romans