What does a 160 IQ mind think like?

What does a 160 IQ mind think like?

I'm only 140 IQ myself and my thought processes are already completely different from a normal human, I can solve rubix cubes in under a minute, I can compete against 2200–2300 elo chess players and I've never actually studied chess, I could probably work ANY job with bare minimum training.

I can't even begin to imagine what a 160er is like.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflection
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_conjugation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_case
hbr.org/2017/08/to-come-up-with-a-good-idea-start-by-imagining-the-worst-idea-possible
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I'm only 140 IQ myself

When solving rubicks cube and playing chess requires IQ. GTFO insecure normie.
>inb4 got the IQ from iq-test-10questions.com

This right here. I have 130 IQ and I can excell at most medium skilled jobs with 0 prior training, all it takes is like 3 tries after which I am adept enough to do that job myself, I can also do very well in almost all sports which do not require stamina (like I take almost perfect penalty shots in football and in basketball I have a >90% rate for scoring a basket even though I've only played those games for like 10 hours combined). I also feel that 90% of people don't really think about anything and have huge logical lapses in their arguments. explaining them something as simple as the acoustics of the ear takes hours and more often than not they will need someone to explain them things. Also they will often think that you are a stupid low IQ fucker because they literally can't grasp your arguments, of course until you tell them that you are a part of mensa (which again they think is the ultimate intelligence test). Something which takes 5 minutes for me to understand will take hours for the people I meet and even then you have to strip everything down to the very basics for them even grasp a fraction of what's going on. Meeting new people is hell because they either think you are the stupidest person they know, then they find out just how outclassed they are and then they ask for your help for all little things.

I've often thought about how people with 140+ IQ think and I'm bound to belive you OP because your post seems like a natural progression of my abilities.

Are you in mensa OP ? If yes then in which state ?

I am only 125 IQ and I can relate to you. I also have a strong aversion to socializing with people, and when I do I am often baffled by their thought processes and their decisions in life, it all seems filled with unnecessary drama and stupidity.

Then again, my life probably looks retarded to someone with an IQ of 140.

>bait the thread

t. 143 IQ

>I can't even begin to imagine what a 160er
Normal people believe the illusions and lies.

At 160, you can see the illusions, and even believe them a little. You also know what to do with them, and how to use them against the people who don't see the illusions.

As intelligence goes up, the more illusions you can observe from the outside, and the more it breaks your heart to see them and not believe them.

Sociopaths only see reality. That's why they suck.

dont believe anything you guys said.

Persons with 140 IQ would see there's no value in what youre asking.

This is bait, half the things discussed in here aren't linked to IQ.

142 here. Solving rubiks cubes takes no amount of intelligent thought. I taught our highschools closest equivalent to a monkey how to solve one in less than a week during study hall as proof. Not really sure about the chess elo thing. Ive never tried to play chess competitively, but everyone I know refuses to play with me anymore. Last game i ever played with my wife i had lost a few pawns and she was down to 1 rook, 1 bishop, 1 knight, her king, and a few pawns. She says "lets just quit, theres no way i can possibly win with what i have left". Challenge accepted. I turned the board around, finished the game with her pieces, and still won.

Is being this high on your own shit a consequence of high iq?

>Sociopaths only see reality. That's why they suck.
No. They suck because they are narcissists, have no sense of empathy, and are highly impulsive.

180 IQ here
the final redpill is pretending to be retarded

ignorance is bliss

I can agree with the second line

While ignorance is indeed bliss, i believe your bliss stems from the ability to comfortably co-exist withh the masses. You aren't ignorant.

Its the anonymity, it brings out the worst in all of us. People will brag about anything if there are zero reprocussions from doing so. I like to brag about IQ here because its anonymous, but i never dare bring up the topic in real life discussion for fear of looking like a douchebag, or a liar. I have a very hard time finding anyone to converse with me about the things im interested in because the second i mention quantum mechanics, general relativity, or anything else remotely sciencey most people look at me like im insane. The ones that dont will listen and then ask a question that shows they dont even understand enough about the subject to ask a proper question. Ive learned to stifle my thoughts ranging outside of the weather, current events, or anecdotes when conversing with people. Frequently consuming large quantities of alcohol helps with that. Its lonely at the top.

>I can solve rubix cubes in under a minute
>I can compete against 2200–2300 elo chess players and I've never actually studied chess

This is not how general intelligence works. You are lying to satisfy yourself.

Go ahead and post that chess match here. Let's see it.

I have 140 IQ and i've experienced all the things you've mentioned. The only true difference between us is probably just thinking speed.
You cam emulate higher inteligence by employing hindsight. Whenever you solve a problem, ask yourself: "Could i have solved this problem faster with a different approach?". When you fail to solve a problem and have to look up the solution ask: "What kind of approach would have lead me to this answer?". You are now imagining a person more inteligent than yourself. Strive to become that person.

no I'm sure someone with 140 IQ is bragging on Veeky Forums of all places

>180 IQ
>Saying thing only 115 IQ brainlet liberals suffering from nihilism say
Wew

>tfw 135 IQ brainlet
why even live

>I can compete against 2200–2300 elo chess players

Lie.

Man, I did that test from the IQ general and scored 101. WIthout the language barrier I would score a little bit higher, though, like 5 points or so, but it's still very low.
I gave up on doing computer engineering, because if I can't score high in a shitty internet IQ test, then it's fucking over for me.

I've actually got a very high iq (145, tested by mensa) and I dont feel like some kind of movie genius, anyone who claims to be play at that level of chess by pure intelligence is probably full of shit

Please kill this thread right now

142 IQ here.

everyone around me is so stupid, holly shit. I hate it when they try to debate what I say, I wish I could tell them "shut up I'm right I have 142 IQ" .

Never found someone smarter than me to this day...

lol

You don't need a high IQ to be good at something. Having a high IQ, in most cases helps, but you don't need some uber-high tier IQ lol.

You're just letting yourself fail by thinking you do. That's the saddest part about it, you think you can't, so you give up without even trying.

The average IQ of engineers is 130. You're telling me to compete with people that scored at very least 20 more points than I did. I'm not saying that I want an easy ride, I just don't want to endure a lifetime of misery because I can't be more than mediocre (or even less than that) in the career that I chose.

>the second i mention quantum mechanics, general relativity, or anything else remotely sciencey most people look at me like im insane.
it doesn't take a high iq to understand these though. you just have to want to study them.

Am i too stupid to notice the irony, or every poster in this thread serious?

I'm just as lost as you are.

At what IQ can I see the Amygdalas

220iq here.
i have a deep understanding of trans universe and can view what another life form is doing on another planet through my great understanding of probability. I can solve a rubix cube without touching it and can be 30kms away from the cube.
all jobs and work is below me. I have published over 100 pieces of work but no one can understand them so i gave up. I can speak every single language that ever existed.

i am the next step in your evolution. Fear me mortals.

>The average IQ of engineers is 130.
There is no way that this is true.

It's lower than that, like 120 ~ 122.

More like 85-95

>I'm only 140 IQ and my thought are already completely different from a Normie.
Do you have the [math]\mathbb{PHENOTYPE}[/math] that ashkenazim girls crave?

On Average
IQ of engineers is around 125
IQ of Mathematicians is about 130
IQ of Physicists is approximately 134

That graph gets "IQ" from SAT scores, not valid.

Interest in science and intelligence are pretty closely correlated. I have a friend who has interest in similar subjects but he just spouts pop-sci memes and doesnt really have any actual knowledge about how shit works.

if youre the smartest person in a room, youre in the wrong room lmao

>What does a 160 IQ mind think like?
160 IQ is Edward Witten level
that [math]\mathscr{PHENOTYPE}[/math]

It's somewhat inaccurate on the level of an individual, but on a population level it's very accurate.

He's just a bitter brainlet who refuses to accept that IQ matters.

The absolute worst thing is low IQ people's emotions and feelings. A huge portion of the irrationality comes from them. I think if we took away the normies emotions they might behave somewhat like humans just slow.

I could list some examples I guess:
- Getting mad over a small thing because brain is in bad state of mind configuration
- Being unable to understand your own goals, ex: women regarding sex vs relationship
- Never actually analyzing any beliefs because it doesn't feel good.

High IQ people should explore their beliefs deeply and emulate every side's brain. They should also have far more understanding of their emotions and ultimate goals.

I personally believe that it is completely fine for the next evolution to genocide all of humanity because of our obvious flaws.

130iq here with an introspective take
Sometimes I wonder if we're the ones getting played
My brother would constantly argue with me
But he's on a lower level cleverly getting the attention he wants
Most people are no different from children,
you have to punish and reward them.
It is important that you do not respect them, idiots will lash onto that.
See it for what it is, and take advantage of their true motivations, and shut them down.

>I personally believe that it is completely fine for the next evolution to genocide all of humanity because of our obvious flaws
Human discarded

>I personally believe that it is completely fine for the next evolution to genocide all of humanity because of our obvious flaws.
You don't believe that. Otherwise you wouldn't be here to post this edgy shit.

Just been looking into this.

Seems like the majority of average to low IQ bad behavior comes in a few forms.

- Inability to understand the source of their own emotions and blame a stupid target.
:A man beating his family when he gets angry because he blames them
:A person resorting to drug addiction etc

I feel like this is probably their inability to see the pattern of what is happening. It could also be developmental problems in coping mechanisms like BPD but I feel like it's linked to low IQ too. Basically you would expect someone low IQ to fall into the same patterns of emotional distress and find bad targets to blame. AKA a couple that fights every week is probably low IQ.

Higher IQ in general would let you see the pattern and see how stupid it is a lot faster. Whereas the low IQ would just get angry, yell at wife, wife gets angry, repeat fight for hundredth time over who left the milk out.

I could not imagine someone decently high IQ who would not be able to recognize how stupid drug addiction is and try to avoid it. I'd imagine most have 0 impulse towards wanting to try anything addictive (not talking hallucinogenics or minor drugs)

People with bipolar disorder have average IQ. People with schizophrenia may vary a lot from 80-120 IQ. People with autism have an average IQ of 116. People with sociopathy have an average IQ of 85.

>computer engineering
>language barrier

Are you from Brazil?

This comment is how I know you have a low iq.

Extreme negative results are not understood or in most people's calculations. Pretty much the only one commonly accepted is white people genociding others. Virtually every other negative outcome is not in people's mind. I think it's fair to bring it up a lot.

I don't mind emotions. It's low IQ + Emotion. The higher the emotional state the higher the IQ can be with still bad results.

Obvious bait. Anyone can learn to Rubicks cube in under a minute.

Hah... Good shot, user. Yes, I'm from Brazil.
What gave me away? Surely these two characteristics weren't the only ones. They're too broad, I could be from anywhere but the anglosphere.

> Never actually analyzing any beliefs because it doesn't feel good.
This is based on the false assumption that non high IQ neurotypicals have the mental tools required to complete an analysis.

Is this the first IQ test you've taken or have you gotten similar results from other tests? Low scores may very well be caused by anxiety/pressure when taking the test, I know that very well.

I'm another user from Brazil. Studying Electronic & Computer Engineering and I can tell you that English Language is Easy as Fuck
>.
Much easier than any other European Language. I feel that English is easier than even my Native Language (Brazilian Portuguese).
>
English has Very Simple Grammar compared to other languages
English has very Few Inflexions (Verbal Conjugations, Cases & Noun Genders)
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflection
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_conjugation
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_case
German, Japanese & Russian have much more complicated grammar.
>
All Books I read in College are in English. Because most STEM Books written in my Native Language (Portuguese) are a piece of shit, often with many translation errors. So I study mostly by books written in English.
Today a knowledge of English is extremely necessary not only in STEM, but also in every Academic Field.
If you don't master English you can't succeed in Any research field nowadays.

The first one I took seriously. I did 3 or 4 others a couple of years ago, but they were really shady, so I don't trust my scores there.

>1 year later and this type of bait is still prevalent
needs to be closed

> 140 IQ
You are clearly full of shit but the retardation of this post would be such a beautiful demonstration of how shitty IQ is as a measure of intelligence that I actually want to believe you. IQ is a such a fucking meme and retarded people score highly all the goddamn time.

Average people don't think in the way you and i understand thinking. They don't form unambiguously defined concepts and then use those to model reality. Instead they perceive the world through their emotions, as if feelings were as reliable as vision or hearing.
If something feels scary, it's "proof" that it's dangerous.
If something feels good, it is good.
If you are angry, someone has wronged you.

I suggest you do a couple more and average the results.

>down her king
>"lets just quit"
Not sure that's quitting.

I took an (actual) IQ test as part of a set of recruiting tests for the navy and scored 151, didn't join and continued with uni. Something I've noticed with my peers is we go through the same motions when learning something or solving problems, assuming they are reasonably competent. The difference is they often get distracted, frustrated and demoralized because of a lack of progress, they go off on a tangent when they know they shouldn't and have to repeat everything over and over to "get it". When they finally do they kind of take the time to celebrate whereas for me it is bread and butter, I am already thinking about where to head next, generally less wasted time and funny business. This is possibly a product of a greater ease in forming new neural connections and a calmer more focused mental state.

I am convinced intelligence is not some magic where a brilliant idea just occurs to you that would never occur to anyone else, it is more like the ability to thoroughly grasp every angle of a subject until it becomes 2nd nature thus making it easier to gain sight of a solution or a potential avenue.

>Average people don't think in the way you and i understand thinking
What the hell is this pretencious shit

Alright, I'll do that.

Average people can follow logical thought only if someone guides them through it. They will never produce it themselves. This is the truth about humans.

>[citation needed]

Dude if you were actually smart you would realize it's a waste of time to argue with those kinds of people. Just let em think they're right and you can focus on what matters.

Fucking yank assuming everyone lives in his shitty country.

>scored 151
proof faggot

That's an easy one, there's statistics about the billions of people that live by fairy tales.

> billions
citation needed again?
Going to church and pretending to sing songs while your parents are in town doesn't count as "living by fairy tales". Stop basing your opinions on the majority on Facebook comments, it inevitably turns you into a pretentious shit with stupid ideas about how everyone is retarded except for you.

IQ tests as part of entrance for Military / police / government jobs are not meant to give you actual IQ, they are designed to weed the unintelligent and those of above average intelligence.

I did entrance exams for government position, scored in the 2nd percentile, and was hounded by them for over a year to take a position.
2nd percentile would put me approx 130-131 IQ, and I am not anywhere near that intelligent.

I had a bike crash a couple of months ago, hit my head pretty hard.
I wasn't outrageously smart beforehand, but I was above average.
I feel like I'm living the wrong end of Flowers for Algernon.
It's not the greatest feeling.

The IQ infered from SAT scores measures the actual IQ + how hard you worked for the math exam of SAT. This last term is correlated with wether you actually want to work in a math-related field, that could be a good part of the trend you see on the plot.

>down to
Nice reading comprehension famalam.

Your post makes no sense. If you scored int the 2nd percentile wouldn't you be rejected following your logic?

So how do you solve a Rubik's cube?

sorry, 98th percentile (top 2%), see i told you I wasn't that smart.

Only smart thing I did was not take the job

i had a conversation with someone about this a few nights ago.

i have an IQ of 155 (had it tested on the Cattell B scale) and 144 (on Culture Fair Scale) and got into MENSA.

i really don't put much weight on IQ. i do think very differently but i think that's more because of my personality than IQ.

for instance, i boil things down to universal concepts and free associate from that. it's basically just spreading activation theory.

i have been a tutor for like 15 years, and mostly teach standardized tests. i study for standardized tests until i score 99.99 percentile - this is true for the SAT, ACT, MCAT (hardest one), LSAT, GRE, GMAT, CFA, etc.

right now i'm 2nd year in medical school in NYC, and i do research at two labs (one on the brain, and one on cosmology).

did a lot of research in my career, and that's probably the best place to be around smart people because you are driven to learn far beyond what's simply required for exams in classes.

i do place importance on learning. i don't just box myself in to the sciences and maths, i read and learn history and philosophy and practically anythign and everything.

that's one of my major advantages when tutoring - i make specialty tutors obsolete as i can teach basically any and all subjects.

overall i'd say IQ is bullshit and it's smarter to work hard and learn how to learn rather than be an IQ dick measurer.

20 points is nothing. It will be just about identical to what you have now.

-t. 103 IQ brainlet

>IQ 125
Brother, that is nothing. Like gifted and talented

One of the 10 180 IQers has graced us with his presence!

I don't know

I don't think additional evidence is needed to prove that the average human being is absolutely stupid
Just look at youtube or social media

Having an above average IQ here only shows that your potential is wasted.

What you guys even do at mensa?

we have meetings about pretty interesting things sometimes, here's an example of the types of emails they send in their "weekly brainwave" newsletter:

hbr.org/2017/08/to-come-up-with-a-good-idea-start-by-imagining-the-worst-idea-possible

i just paid dues for one year so i can put it on my resume and get the membership card but wont' be continuing it after.

Nice Role-Playing Thread.
I chose to be Human Archer, rolling for stats.

Ah!

How relieved I am to find another thinker of my own magnitude. I do tire so easily of the average IQ masses that surround me every day.

I too find that my cerebral ability is far beyond that of a normal. I have read many book on philosophy and have developed my own theories on quantum physics. I spend my days pondering the big questions as I browse /r/atheism with the other elevated minds around the globe. I just wish that there were more of us around, its so hard to find intellectually stimulating entertainment nowadays, which is why Rick and Morty is such a breath of fresh air XD

All these larping virgin faggots.

are you good at talking to people? what's your relationship like with your parents?

I speak english and my mothertongue russian. I can tell you reading rambler or odnoklassniki (russian dominated version of facebook) vs something dominantly english (reddit) is crazy.

A 160 mind is someone that is your boss, your complete owner.

Cristiano Ronaldo is better than you in every way. Sure he doesn't know what a laplace transform is. But he doesn't need to. He could of if he wanted to. But this is where his 160 IQ came in to tell him that kicking that fucking ball will make him 10000% more successful than being a scientist or memegineer.

octo david

>tfw also 140 IQ
>practice on Chess.com a lot and still have 700 ELO because I'm too impulsive
You'd be equally surprised at what people in the same bracket as you can do. Everyone is equipped with a slightly different processor and motherboard. Ghz isn't the only number you should be looking at.