Substitution
2(4) + 3 + 15 = 26
QED

your wrong

look again

No you dumb motherfuckers, it's 38. 3-fucking-8. THIRTY FUCKING EIGHT

you filthy faggots
last symbol after that MULTIPLICATION is unknow

Communicating poorly and then acting smug when you're misunderstood is not cleverness.

>look again
Ah, they used similar symbols in the last equation to purposely fuck with people. I get it now.

Last equation is
2a + b + c = ?

Literally unsolvable because there's no way to determine what a, b, or c are equal to unless you use outside knowledge to say a is actually related to x due to the similarity of the symbols used. That's no longer objective and can lead to two people coming up with different answers which both could equally defend as the right answer. Typical facebook shit.

88. The first shape is 3 in quantity, has 15 lines and equals 45. 45 / 3 = 15
Four bananas in the second row + 15 from the first = 23

4 bananas + 2 clocks pointing at 3. = 10

Third row: 1 clock pointing at 2 + 3 bananas twice * shape with 11 lines.

2 + 3 + 3 * 11 = 88.

>5 variables
> 4 equations

o-ok

yo nigga, you ever heard of BEDMAS my nigga?

Fucking hell, can't believe I forgot. 38 it is then.

>you're friends
i smart now :))

It's a puzzle, not a number problem
there is only one answer that is not retarded

this, come the fuck on are you all this stupid?

39. The clock being a different time is a red herring.

yeah I do not get these puzzles

They're bait for arguments. The symbols being used to represent numbers change.

4 bananas in the first few equations and then suddenly 3 bananas in the last. Does that mean you take the number 4 bananas represent and use 3/4ths of that number to represent 3 bananas? Sure that could be it. But what about the clock being at 3o'clock and then suddenly it's at 2o'clock. What the fuck is that supposed to mean? And then the geometric shapes change. How does that affect the number they represent?

It's entirely subjective. There is no right answer. The only winning move is not to play.

lol at this brainlet cope

solution for the last one is basically:
x+8y

since the clock is not the same as the clocks above, and the geometrical figure is not identical to the ones above

neither are the bananas, brainlet

WAS WRONG!
Neither of the symbols are identical to their counterparts above, therefore the solution is unobtainable. But the solution can be represented as
'''x+y+yz'''

Only true patricians would realise this is logically fallacious.

Spotting that the bananas change from 4 to 3 midway is whats supposed to be hard?

I'm sorry, I can't read the complete formulas because some idiot plastered bananas and clocks all over the page.

>a + a + a = x
>b + a + a = y
>b + c + c = z

d + e + e × f = ?

Impossible to tell. There are no clues that tell you what the values of the hexagon, pentagon, and square are. Could be 10,3,2, or 8,4,3 for instances.

Hexagon, pentagon, square is 15, if we add up the sides we get 15, removing the square gives 11. The group of bananas is 4, one missing means 3. The clock is 3 we can assume the time change to 2 means a value of 2. We end up with 2+3+3*11=38.

Assuming a is the number of edges in those weird shapes, b is the number of bananas and the time on the clock is the number it represents:

15a+15a+15a=45 -> a=1
4b+4b+15=23 -> b=1
4b+3+3=10

2+3b+3b+11a=2+6+11=19

18!

The answer is 8.

> 5 + 33X
Okay

keep in mind that the images change slightly, which also changes their value

that last one should be 2+3+3*11 = 41 :P
because a square doesn't have 5 sides

definitely, didn't think about that

It's 123 fucking retards

shapething : x
banana: y
clock: z

x= 15
y= 4
z=3

now,
z + (2y)(x)
3+ (8)(15) =123

unsolvable , since none of the 3 variables at the bottom equation are expressed in the other 3.
you have an expression containing only unknown variables this it cannot be evaluated .

It can be evaluated, just generalize the shapes into variables and work through it in a fashion did.

shapething : x
banana: y
clock: z

x+x+x=45
3x=45
x=15

y+y+x=23
2y+15=23
2y=8
y=4

y+z+z=10
4+2z=10
2z=6
z=3

The last part depends on your interpretation of how to use the order of operations, for this, I'll use PEMDAS even though I would rather group the 1 z and 2 y's into parenthesis and multiply it by x from there

z+y+y*x=a
3+4+4*15=a
7+60=a
67=a

Now, if you use 's approach, which is to add the 2 y's, multiply by x, and then add z then you will come to 123, so the answer really depends on how you approach the last equation

Welp, I just got played, the fag who organized the image choose 3 different objects at the bottom. I will still maintain that the method works though.

shapes in the last equation are not the same as the first 3
>interpretation of how to use the order of operations
what the fuck are you talking about ? there are no interpretations of orders or operations . given expressions and elementary operations the result is unambiguous .

I wrote another post admitting I just got played, it's this one . Also, yes, you're right in that the notation has one interpretation, but I don't like it's absence of parenthesis and the use of the traditional multiplication symbol make it annoying and confusing, a problem which ties into pemdas (See results for 6/2(1+2) )

agreed

Why hasn't anybody replied to this guy yet?

The value of the clock was 3 when the hour time was at 3, it's on 2 in the last equation.

>Hexagon, pentagon, square is 15, if we add up the sides we get 15, removing the square gives 11.
Very good argument, very plausible, but not proof.

It's a puzzle, not a mathematical equation
he's right

I'd agree, assuming
is correct.

I'd probably even cut the wire on the bomb for it.