Good day, brainlets

Good day, brainlets.

Test yourself and post score. We NEED to prove once and for all if Veeky Forums is smarter than Veeky Forums:
testyourself.psychtests.com/staticid/975

High IQ discord: vrMcCZX

B-but IQ is irrelevant! What does IQ ACTUALLY mean for you?
>the measurement of intelligence—which has been done primarily by IQ tests—has utilitarian value because it is a reasonably good predictor of grades at school, performance at work, and many other aspects of success in life
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/

IQ Classification:
130 and above: Very Superior
120–129: Superior
110–119: High Average
90–109: Average
80–89: Low Average
70–79: Borderline
69 and below: Extremely Low

Question: What is the best way to raise your IQ?

Other urls found in this thread:

test.mensa.no/
quora.com/Is-the-Norwegian-Mensa-online-test-accurate
quora.com/Mensa-members-how-did-your-score-on-the-supervised-Mensa-admissions-test-compare-with-your-score-on-any-of-Mensas-many-available-online-tests
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

:-(

my score, btw

Brainlet

yes I plan to kill myself
will sleeping pills + lying on train tracks work ? No trains run at night, I'll just wait while asleep for the first one in the morning.

tfw not as smart as you :(

tfw want to die because I hate people
tfw religious so I believe that if I die I'm going to just go to a place with more people
tfw the suffering will only get worse when I die :(

>religious
at least I found someone who has it worse than I do

meh, I got a 124 there
IQ isn't that much relevant really

>WAIS
Get out.

Just finished. Surprised, thought I would be average at best.

i still dont get it. are these troll threads or do you people believe IQ is a measurement of intelligence?

Did you even read the OP? IQ is the single best predictor of success there is. Why do you choose to ignore this fact?

and how does success relate to intelligence?

How is that in every thread or forum where people make iq tests they all are close to be geniuses?

intelligence = nerd = outsider = pc all day = Veeky Forums

>they all are
It is usually the people who got high scores that post their IQs, for example I got 84 and there is no reason to brag about it so I will usually not post it.

it has sense

Nah. Your IQ must be higher than that, judging by how coherent your post is.

i thought the same

There is just no way your IQ is 84 and you are on a science board on Veeky Forums. Do you have a degree in science? Did you have more trouble with the pattern recognition, the language, or the logic part?

>Veeky Forums is the smartest board on Veeky Forums
>in a study conducted by Veeky Forums

Really makes you think.

Also
>being so pompous that you think reading fiction makes you smart
Wew lad

137 IQ am I smart enough to join you're club

>We NEED to prove once and for all if Veeky Forums is smarter than Veeky Forums
Why?

>There is just no way your IQ is 84 and you are on a science board on Veeky Forums
Why, are you an ableist you fucking bigot? I will report you to the Chancellor.

IQ is a very bad way to rate intelligence.
IQ will show only rates you at problem solving,unreliably at best.

>There is just no way your IQ is 84 and you are on a science board on Veeky Forums.
Have you not noticed how brainlet the average post on this board is?

Well I'm not too smart but for a highscool student that doesn't even try I think it's pretty good

the bizarre thing about this test is that it penalizes "i don't know" answers much more than it does random guessing.

I've done almost a dozen of these online test. I always get >140. Also this is probably the worst of them all because it has language based questions. "What word is is closest to the meaning of [some faggy english word only Veeky Forumscucks would ever come across] ?". Fuck that test honestly

smart people are usually very cocky so it's not wrong

>some faggy english word
Why the homophobia?

a random number generator should not have a higher IQ than the average central american.

hypercorrection is correlated with faggotness
people aren't homophobes, as in they're not afraid of gays, they just think it's funny to poke fun at them

also, words end up having different meanings over time, for example it's totally correct to say something stupid is retarded, without actually being racist

can you back this up?

that RNG should not surpass a human within one SD of the overall mean? i really hope that's the case. random guessing got me in the high eighties, and i even put "i don't know" for a few answers.

one could argue you're not supposed to guess, and if you don't know you should answer honestly, but the test should be a little more robust than that.

You know that every serious IQ test has 3 parts: Computations, Language and Spatial Reasoning?

Ok

surgically enhanced women are nasty

Don't worry senpai, I used to test 125 but I began to research the problem solving needed for these tests and have improved to 135

Sure thing boss.

is the iq tests timed? I says it isn't timed but does it give you a higher score if you complete it faster ?

Test* It*

That was fun, man I suck at pattern recognition though.

online tests are inflated because they want you to buy their 'full report'.

here's mine where i took real tests. unfortunately, not enough to get into MENSA.

fucking english
but test result is pretty stupid,as I pretty sure I am not that smart

the fact that this "works" is one of the reasons why IQ doesn't mean that much

whats the cattell B scale and culture fair scale?

Same desu

i just took the IQ test that OP linked to and i got the same score, ha. i guess OP's IQ test is sort of legit.

Although my ACT score qualifies me for triple 9, so I don't know.

BTW i am the person behind these two posts.

I think we could figure that out

Welp... technically i'm /v/irgin and i was born and raised in a third world country so this was better than i expected.

Is taking an IQ test ever a good thing? If you do it for leisure, it makes people wonder if you're narcissistic. If a psychiatrist makes you do it, it makes people wonder why your cognitive abilities were put under question.

what's your online mensa iq ?
test.mensa.no/

in several threads on quora people say they scored the same if not higher
quora.com/Is-the-Norwegian-Mensa-online-test-accurate
quora.com/Mensa-members-how-did-your-score-on-the-supervised-Mensa-admissions-test-compare-with-your-score-on-any-of-Mensas-many-available-online-tests

inb4 jewish shill conspiracy

maybe ur just a brainlet

Fuck you I got 111
Thats why

Do I get to join the non-brainlet club?

Is it possible for a person to increase their iq ? I got 114 and 120 the second time. Am I retarded?

What's your net worth?

Non-brainlets must be able to apply themselves in the real world as well as in online ego stroking tests.

IQ was first thought of in 1912 by a German guy and it's been a century and that fucker is still memeing people.

How much pointa is the standard deviation of this test?

>that fucker is still memeing people.

How is it a meme? It measures significant differences between peoples mental abilities. These differences tend to correlate highly with wealth, success and health.

If an easily measurable characteristic is highly correlated with the most important features in a humans life, how does that make it a "meme"?

Because problem solving skills don't fully tell you how intelligent a person is.

It just shows that a person is good at solving problems.

Welp...

>he's not intelligent he's just really good at mental stuff
hmm

That's not what I said.

>problem solving isn't intelligence

Here are some "mere" problems :

>how do you end world poverty
>how do you end all disease and illness
>how do you stop aging

Would you consider somebody that solved these problems intelligent?

Quite frankly I don't think there is a better description of intelligence than "the ability to solve problems".

I didn't say problem solving isn't part of intelligence. Man you people are really fucking stupid.

And when has there ever been an IQ test that included the ability to solve real problems such as poverty?

I got 120, this test is bullshit, I have more than 2 decades of experience in being me and I can guarantee you, I am an idiot...
>third world country
is your country named after a type of wood?

Well let's recap what you said :

>IQ tests are a meme
I'm not 100% sure what that means, but it sounds very dismissive of IQ tests.

>IQ tests only test problem solving skills

So you've essentially dismissed problem solving as a "meme".

I think that's fucking stupid to say that. Problem solving is a key feature of intelligence, probably the most important.

You gonna try to defend your claim that problem solving ability is a meme? Please don't, because that would be dumb.

Not once did I mention the word meme, problem solving is important but doesn't show the complete intelligence of a person.

You can be a dumb ass and solve problems easily, which is good.

But you can also be very smart and not be able to solve problems efficiently.

> when has there ever been an IQ test that included the ability to solve real problems such as poverty?

The world isn't divided into "fake problems" and "real problems". What the hell are you on about?

Some problems are fucking difficult. That's all there is to it. You could put it on an IQ test, but nobody would get it. But if the did, you'd say they were fucking smart.

i've been lurking Veeky Forums for about six years

What the fuck else does intelligence mean?

You didn't say this?

>IQ was first thought of in 1912 by a German guy and it's been a century and that fucker is still memeing people.

If not then you at least defended it.

the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills

No I didn't say that, nor am I defending that.

I'm only defending the fact that having an extra high IQ doesn't mean they are the smartest person at everything. There are many things that make a person smart and problem solving isn't the whole cake.

I do believe that having an IQ higher than 100 is essential though.

>problem solving isn't the whole cake

Sure, but it's like 80% of the cake.

It's basically the difference between us and animals.

The other factors you may throw into the cake could be :

>hard work
>good memory
>ability to understand emotions
>common sense

etc

But fundamentally, the reason we are different from animals is not because we work harder (ever seen how hard most animals work?) or because we have better memories, it's because we can solve problems on a scale that other animals can't even contemplate.

>apply knowledge and skills
So problem solving

is 120 bad? if so is there a way I can manage to increase my score?

Thanks.

lmfao you do realise those are two totally different scales right?

this guy
isn't me. i'm going to go out now but i'll check out the online test you linked later.

He doesn't because he's an 131 IQ brainlet.

He can't even into MENSA.

1 in 50 fucking people have an IQ that can get into MENSA.

That's a low god damned bar, and he still couldn't clear it.

No one here is going to tell you how to raise your iq. It's a competition down here.

This is the problem with iq; if a proper test could ever be made it would be impossible to impossible to significantly change your score (barring cheating or pretending to be retarded)

I got 134. Skipped the "Magnate" and "vertiginous" ones because I didn't know what they meant, and said "there is not enough information" for 54 and 55. I'm sure I missed a few others but these 4 really stuck out to me.

[spoiler]Was I right on 54 and 55?[/spoiler]

Remind me what those were.

54. Harold's kids went to the pet store and each bought a pet. They want him to guess which pet belongs to whom, but they'll only give him a few clues. Mark is the oldest and Crissy is the youngest. Sandy only likes animals with two legs. Crissy is too young to have the hamster. The bird's name is Boulder. Rocky belongs to the oldest. Pebbles is the name of the fish. Which statement is the most accurate?

Pebbles is the name of Mark's pet.

The bird belongs to the Crissy.

The middle child has a fish.

Rocky is the name of the hamster.

There is not enough information.

I don't know

55. In the office, Sam manages accounting and Louise manages inventory. They have three employees who work for the two managers during the 5-day work-week. Only one employee works for each manager everyday. All three employees work for both managers during the week. David is the only one who works 4 days a week. Cathy isn't in on Tuesday or Wednesday. Neil gets 4-day weekends. The only time David does accounting is Monday through Wednesday. If Sam wants work done on Friday, who should he ask?

David

Neil

Cathy

There is not enough information.

I don't know

Crap, that probably lowered my score. If you guess you have a chance of being right, so it kinda makes sense to dock points for not even trying.

I frowned when I got the result, then truly felt bad comparing to the other pic replies.

125 @ high as fuck

Being high doesn't affect your intelligence. Just your judgment and reactions.

o wow rlly

I'm terrible at math and barely know shit about science and barely read any books.

I scored 120, how high would my IQ get if I started getting better at these things?

I'm pretty retarded right now

also i'm 19 yrs old

cruise on out, faggot

I got this in less than a minute by guessing every answer. I think it's pretty telling.

But MENSA is for people in the 98th percentile and above. His percentile score suggests he is well within that range. What does that mean?