Hurricane Irma Bugout plan for a poorfag

I live in West Philly in a shitty apartment and I've been following Hurricane Irma pretty closely. Although it doesn't look like it would impact Philadelphia in anyway, it would really SUCK to be stuck here in a fucking hurricane and I want to avoid it.

The bad news is that I don't have a car (parking in Philly is a bitch and I'm poor)

the good news is I have no friends and no puke ass kids holding me here so I can leave whenever I want.

How paranoid am I being? but most importantly what would be the best bugout plan for me. I know I want to move west. I have a bike, a bag, a handgun, about a days supply of food and water (I have more than what's pictured here. I could fill my water bottle at gas stations and shit) and about 3000 dollars to my name right now. I'm thinking about just hitting the road and going west for a day or two until I find a hotel and posting up there for a few days.

The other option is to grab a train ticket and get out early (thinking Wednesday is a good day to leave)

I don't know if this is more of a /k/ thread or a Veeky Forums thread, but assuming Irma were to go Cat 5 and head up the east coast, how far would i have to be to be out of the way?

If I am just being paranoid then at least it's good to brainstorm these things in case next hurricane season brings even bigger problems. One thing I've learned from these last two years is to expect the unexpected.

I have always wanted to be in a hurricane! but Irma looks crazy as shit, could impact everyone even not in it's direct route. gonna get crazy

For a bugout plan, I'd just get away from the big city and head toward half decent people

How far do I need to go? What is the best way to cover the distance given my circumstances?

>I live in West Philly in a shitty apartment and I've been following Hurricane Irma pretty closely. Although it doesn't look like it would impact Philadelphia in anyway, it would really SUCK to be stuck here in a fucking hurricane and I want to avoid it.
Move with your Auntie and Uncle in Bell Air.

go west at least 100 miles or so. im 300 miles north of the gulf and harvey still knocked down trees and shit.

Shit. That fucking sucks. I don't really have the means to travel that far except maybe by train. And if I'm doing that I should probably book a ticket by Tuesday. Guess I'm hunkering down then.

>tfw moved to Georgia last year
>hoping Irma doesn't fuck my life

No point in bugging out yet, as the tracks it might follow are all over the map.

Bugging out from a safe place to where the hurricane is going would be foolish.

Instead of getting a handful of trail mix why not just get a whole bunch of real food that doesn't need to be refrigerated? And what are those two little sports bottles for? You're going to need at LEAST 8 Gallons of water.

Are you packing for a hurricane or for a day of hiking?

Well it's not going to go through the midwest obviously, so the closer I get to there the safer I am.

because fast food is fucking terrible for you and will only slow you down.

and no the sport bottles are for if I ride my bike out of the city, one in my bag and one on the bike holder. It's not like I can't stop at gas stations and fill them up, but the entire point would be mobility. if I am hunkering down for the hurricane (which seems likely) I'm going to have about 8 gallons of distilled water and all the filtered tap water I can get (about 3 gallons)

I also just purchased about 5 days worth of canned food.

>because fast food is fucking terrible for you and will only slow you down.
Who the fuck said anything about fast food? That shit spoils in 30 minutes. I'm talking about real food and ingredients. Enjoy all that garbage canned food that you probably bought for yourself because "you're supposed to buy canned food in an emergency." There's tons of good food that would have lasted for two weeks

> but the entire point would be mobility
Rule #1 of getting through a Hurricane: stay the fuck put. I don't care what kind of zombie survival fantasy you have dancing in your head, going outside your house does three things:
1) It gets you in contact with slack-jawed idiots who didn't so much as fill a single milk jug full of tap water, opportunist looking to loot something, and emergency officials who are understandably annoyed with you getting in their way.
2) Waste gas and calories accomplishing nothing.
3) Leave your valuables unguarded.

Good thing you live in West Philly and will never actually see one.

I live in the in St Augustine area, how likely is it to actually hit Florida?

On a scale of 1 to holy shit how fucked am I?

I wouldn't get overly worried. They're just hyping the shit out of these because in reality they actually haven't been happening for the last decade or so on the east coast. That in itself is actually a noted anomaly. Even so, if this one does get up to the Philadelphia and highest latitudes, then I guarantee it will be downgraded to cat 2 by then, as always happens. These are still capable of damage, but it's the type of thing where you can go outside and witness it as I did during sandy. I even went swimming in the cape cod ocean during Irene. I just mean up here they are rarely ever 'hell on earth' events like they can be down south. Once they reach our colder waters they are not the same storm as they were in the Caribbean. Most danger is to property.

Why do you have bars of shit?

>Buy an inverting generator
>stay comfy on Veeky Forums

>the good news is I have no friends

Just take a train out West and go camping for a long weekend. Sounds like that's what you want to do anyway, and the time outside might help your mental state.

I live in Miami and I'm probably less paranoid than you.

You're fine

good luck user

not op but i think those are 'epic bars', they are just jerky bars made out of funky shit like wild boar, venison, bison, etc

they are actually good

>Penn
>this fucking scared
Jesus Christ user get your shit together do you know how much it'll weaken by the time it gets to you? You've been watching Storm of the Century from Always Sunny too much, haven't you?

Sell the gun and buy more food and water you fucking idiot.

>tiny little gun, no spare ammo
>useless folding knife
>junk food
>barely enough water for a day

Okay so you've not prepped at all. First and foremost, you don't have an obvious way of carrying any of that without it getting soaked in a flooded situation. So unless you bug out before rain starts, you're not going anywhere.

The greatest threat in PA from a hurricane is basically trees falling on shit you happen to be under. Following that is flooding, usually after the hurricane has already left. But even that isn't a big deal if you're on a second floor apartment or above or don't live near the Schuylkill river.

We don't get enough wind that things flying into other things are an issue. We don't generally get enough water to even be an issue unless you have a habit of lying face down in puddles (lol Texas). The whole area east of the Appalachians basically drains into Jersey anyway so flooding is never a big deal.