SINGULARITY

>People literally think 30 years from now the Singularity will come and our world will be changed forever
>People really think and hope for a bright technological future
What a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

You can take man out of religion but you can't take religion out of man

If the singularity happens, humans become immortal and colonise the universe.

How many humans do you think that will be? I'm guessing 100 trillion. In the vast expanse of time this is not unreasonable.

Now what are the odds you were born in the 0.0000000001% of people before the singularity? Very low.

It is statistically almost certain that you will live forever and become a galaxy faring space god.

This is what nihilism does to you. You replaced gods with atheism, and now that you have nothing but a dark and painful existence to reflect on, you imagine utopias fueled by Science.
I do not believe people will be immortal, not replaced by robots 30 years from now. Nor I believe I'll be flying spaceships 50 years from now either.

FUCK EVERYONE, FUCK EVERYTHING, BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND MURDER MURDER MURDER RAPE RAPE RAPE

>You replaced gods with atheism

Actually I unironically believe we live in a computer simulation creadted by either aliens, the true humans, or simulated aliens or simulated humans.

Seriously though, people can't even recognize free will is not real and that there's sexual differences with genders/races and you think 50 years from now we are all going to be living in some sci fi super spacial conglomerate with artificial bodies that are all connected to some fucking hivemind the size of the sun?

I mean, DUDEEEE, like I know life is tough and working sucks dude. But come the fuck on.

Might as well believe nothing at all then, since you are left with the same questions and the same answers.

>Who created the aliens or the humans running the simulation
>Are the aliens and the humans living in a simulation too?
>If yes, who created the aliens or humans living in a simulation?
>times infinity
Wew, it's like you just gave yourself a shitty belief just to cope with the uncertainty of life.

if you aren't making it happen, get out of the way

Oh yeah bro, I am so stealing the scientist's lunch break money from my caravan lost in the fucking woods

Well isn't somebody a little Richard Dawkins.

Just stick with babbling about the great juju in the sky with a camp twat voice, it's easier on your old man brain.

Meanwhile, let the men talk about science.

>times infinity

No, I never said that. I simply don't know who created the creator of this universe. Can your little brain handle the words "I don't know"? Or must you fill the empty void of knowledge with extreme statements like "there's no god" or "there's an eternal infinite god".

Check mate, numb nuts.

Free will is real, it just takes a lot of hard work and self awareness

>it just takes a lot of hard work and self awareness

Remove the pre-frontal cortex or highly damage it, and there goes your heavily influenced by genetics, environment, glucose levels, testosterone levels and stress pity free will.

It's a joke. No such thing as free will as most people in society understand it.

I dont know what the fuck your getting at. Of course fucking with the brain is gonna change shit.

What I am trying to get at is that free will as most people understand it (You are completely in control of your every move, decision and thought) is simply not real.

Eh I agree. I work hard to do those things though. Its still a work in progress. You'll get no argument from me about how hard it is. But I believe its possible.

Its much easier when I'm alone. The moment im aware of someones presence, my brain is flooded with shit and i lose track of myself. Thats my biggest challenge currently.

In hopes of what? Achieving free will?

The Frontal Cortex is there so you can learn the rules that help you navigate society and direct your impulses, to an extend. It's not there for you to be this floating soul in control of everything your reptilian brain tries to do.

It god damn is there for me to gain control over.

Only in the context of learning the complex societal rules that will allow you to survive in a complex society. It's not there to provide you with genuine free will nor does it have the capacity to do so.

Bull fucking shit nigger. First of all, learning to survive in a complex society is simple. Treat people well and work hard. That is literally it. Everything outside of food water and shelter is unnecessary and a burden. I specifically live to control and manipulate my own mind.

Wrong, living in a society with morals is a complex task. Sometimes you must learn to abide by morals such as not to kill, but understand the difference as when in said society is it fine to kill. Things of that sort are very society oriented and the role of the prefrontal cortex is to learn to differentiate and see the nuance, so you can control your impulses when it is necessary, if possible.

Let go pal, free will as you want it to exist is not real. The amount of variables that affect your already weak prefrontal cortex is such, that the idea you are this hardcore intellectual and logical man, in control of every heart beat and neuron firing in your brain is simply laughable, and probably a side effect of being highly neurotic and needing to be in control (funnily enough, a function of your reptilian brain, not your prefrontal cortex).

Right now, social technology is used for political commentary, humor and body images.

The only difference between that and a newspaper is hot girls attention whoring and active commentary.

Life doesn't not simply change is a century. Fashion, politics and humor might change a bit, but there is a reason Shakespeare's works are relevant today.

Joke's on you. We're already inside the event horizon.

Yeah, except the event horizon is made out of fucking shit, propaganda and and hurt feelings. There's nothing but a big gaping and stinky asshole we are all scared to look at past this fecal phenomenon.

You let go nigger, your desire for free will to not exist is nonsense. I am neurotic as fuck. I do need control. I am far from thinking I'm a hardcore intellectual, quite the opposite. Im hyper emotional. That has been the biggest motivating factor for self control. If I don't strive to control everything in my brain, I am an emotionally chaotic animal.

>Put machine in body
>Jews literally can now control you

And living in a society of morals is not a complex task. It is not difficult to understand the implications of bad deeds, nor is it difficult to understand the implication of good deeds.

Calm down, ''superior Aryan man''. Kek. I don't want to be responsible for someone having a mental breakdown.
-

I do not hate the idea of free will, nor I am happy it doesn't exist. I am sincerely hoping this retarded singularity talk is real and we can cybernetically enhace your brain power to the point where such things would be possible, or at the very least your prefrontal cortex would be greatly amplified (as I cannot imagine what human life must be like without our basic impulses).
Anyhow, your best bet at self control is meditation, but don't expect magical wonders. You are and will always be a human, not a robot (unless the singularity is real).

Complex enough to require a fucking prefrontal cortex. Stop arguing in circles, if you've got nothing else to add to the discussion, then go out to do some fucking exercise and get a girlfriend so you can stop obsessing over feelings of depersonalization.

Im not arguing in circles, im articulating the simplicity of surviving in the easy mode societies we are lucky enough to live in. As i said before, treat people well and work hard. It is as simple as that. No need to bring up the pre frontal cortex and how it mechanically works. Youre the one complicating a very simple endeavor.

>No such thing as free will as most people in society understand it.
So fucking what? There's also no such thing as quantum mechanics as most people understand it, but that doesn't mean quantum mechanics isn't real.

So, we'll be flying spaceships while still denying there's racial and gender differences between us, and that those have an impact big enough to affect entire societies and the future of the human race?

I can't to visualize in my super 3D simulation machine the new episode of Dindus stealing space hover bikes from a futuristic spacial ghetto and the police beating them with automatically retractable batons with IA voices reminding them not to beat then nigger to hard because he a good boy who dindu nuffin.

I do expect magical wonders. You are the one that has already thrown the towel in and convinced yourself theres only so much you can do. I hate being a cliche, but you gotta believe and never stop believing if you want to impose your will on yourself and/or the world.

How do most people understand quantum physics?

big bang theory schrodinger's cat memes

You are pulling that out of your ass so you can feel safer in believing you are in control of yourself. You have no interest in this conversation beyond reassuring yourself out of your existential anxiety.

Stop, go do something that'll lower your cortisol levels. You are losing control.

It's a disingenuous comparison, because I never said free will was not real. I said it's just not like most people believe it to be.

(Which is this ultimate machine-like consciousness stream that can completely nullify any basic impulse and is completely unaffected by any variables and performs absolutely the same on every other human on this Earth, regardless of gender and race).

>I never said free will was not real
>Seriously though, people can't even recognize free will is not real

Pulling what out of my ass? That surviving is as easy as treating people well and working hard? That society has evolved over the last 10,000 years with these 2 elements as the fundamental base to constantly work from?

Im in complete control bro. Youre the one that hasnt provided anything other than "you dont have free will because i say so".

Sure, I'll biohack my drive by making me myself believe things I don't really until I am absolutely obsessed and convinced they are true by rationalizing everything that happens to me, when the time comes for me to do such a thing.

For now, I am willing to experience a bit of depersonalization to have an amusing conversation with a neurotic half-asshole over the internet. You gotta learn to enjoy the dreamy state, my dudeobrah.

Bah, Semantics. If we could all connect our real abstract thoughts and intentions to each other before having to translate it to words where the meaning and nuance of things is easily lost, that mistake wouldn't have happened.

That's clearly observable by my later clarifications. Plus, whether or not I retracted from my statement, makes absolutely not difference to the truth of my argument.

You have nothing of value to add, so you bring sarcasm to the table.

If free will was real, you wouldn't even be scared of having this conversation, nor would you be feeling anxiety at the thought of having no real control of you, at any given time.
You would in control, wouldn't you?

Im not scared of having this conversation. Nor do i have anxiety over the idea i could potentially not have control over myself at some point. Ive already had tremendous anxiety over exactly that. As i said before, i am hyper emotional.

>i am hyper emotional.

Then stop being so, nigga. Haven't you gotten the memo that Free Will is real?

I enjoy being hyper emotional. Ive had my ups and downs in life, the learning curve from 12 up until now has been turbulent and seemingly neverending. But i feel like ive gotten decent control over things.

Yeah well, reality and facts don't care nor have time for your life issues and how you feel about things. I am not psychologist, but it's clear to me you are living a dysfunctional life that's only exacerbated by the dysfunctional thought that only by having Free Will could you possibly ever amount to living a happy and full-filling life.

Go exercise, get a gf, socielize, git gud at something you like or something that makes money, meditate. Do something with your life besides obsessing with self control, faggot. It's making you into a fucking hyper emotional mess.

Do you really want me to unload all of my personal info and life accomplishments to shove your bullshit into your face? I mean, this is the internet and whatever i say is bullshit made up internet tough guy ego stroking so why bother. Im very content with where im at and where I've been. You on the other hand seem to have the dysfunction.

Dear god, why don't you go watch Rick and Morty and fuck off? Pansy ass liberal.

>Do you really want me to unload all of my personal info and life accomplishments to shove your bullshit into your face?

Come on, you are dying to do so. You probably have a boner just thinking someone might be willing to read about your little monsters inside you.
Go on.

Im not political at all but i side more with conservatism. Take another swing little boy, you might get lucky.

Monsters? Ive kept those under control. Im talking actual life accomplishments. Heres just a smidgen:

Over 600 skydives.

>Im not political at all
>but i side more with conservatism
>Free will is real
>But I am hyper-emotional and I hate it

Nigga, you fucking with me?

Are you having a hard time comprehending something you are unfamiliar with?

Also, i said I enjoy being hyper emotional.

Yeah, never had the privilege to experience mental retardation first hand.

You better, it's not like you have a choice anyway.

You've added nothing to the conversation yourself, so he has nowhere left to go.

You seem to be experiencing it very vividly bro.

Is babby mad?

I think ive been adding plenty throughout.

I am off to sleep. Gonna put some Carbon Based Lifeforms tracks and drift myself into unconsciousness while I silently observe my own existence in the darkness.
Enjoy your existential anxiety while it lasts, you might one day miss it.

I hope it stays with me until and perhaps even after I'm dead. It makes existence beautiful and exciting.

I don't think you're using the statistical argument correctly. We have already been born before the singularity.

The premise of the singularity is that technological innovation is augmented by the use of machines, and every improvement made also enhances our ability to discover new things.

Whether or not that will hold up is debatable, but treating the speculation on the singularity as identical to every other period of technological growth is just being daft.

>he fell for the kike ideology

100 trillion just in our solar system maybe and even that is honestly not a big number when you are talking about this kind of wizard tech

jesus christ this has to be bait no? what you are saying amounts to
>GUIZ LIVING IN SOCIETy SO EZ WTF u r NubZ
meanwhile IRL the study of social interactions is so complicated that despite 2k years of observation we havent even scratched the surface

Just get out of the thread if you are going to be this fucking useless

What the fuck is useless about using hard work and treating others well as the basis of your survival?

You're right OP. Singularity is unlikely and if it does happen it'll be really bad for 99% of humans, not fully automated luxury gay space communism like people think it will be. It'll be more like fully automated masturbation toys for the rich elite while the rest of us starve in the wasteland.

Something should survive.

Ins't this guy obsessed with immortality and trying to survive the next 30 years so he doesn't die? No wonder he is so positive about the singularity happening, I remember a video of him saying he takes up to 150 pills a day to prolong his life.

It proves an exponential increase is not the only possible result of that trend.

Also every technology has theoretical limits that are known long before engineers get close. I suppose it is easy to believe there are none when you haven't done the math.

Ray Kurzweil is nuts

Singularity?... Work out many of the multiple universe's half live's in whichever multiverse you are in, then travel there, to it's universal centre point, in order to participate in the chaotic destruction and construction of life.