Is Khan Acedamy good for self-teaching myself math?

Is Khan Acedamy good for self-teaching myself math?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/?task=search2&search_text=math textbook suggestion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

no

yes

no

yes

>let me draw this in a different color.....
>there we g-- no no that's not right.

Why doesn't he just assign the colours to hotkeys?
The videos infuriate me because of this clumsy shit, I always watch them at either 1.5x or 2x speed.

can be useful as an introduction to a topic, like first-day material to look at

beyond that, not really

>Let me give you an intuitive sense
>fumbles with colors for 30 minutes

It's okay I guess. I just use their mastery system. Free education with a sensible progression is nothing to complain about really.

define good.
good enough that a chimp could learn?
good because it actually teaches you the good stuff?

back before it had those sweet problem generators, I used it to learn calculus in High School.

Just get some good textbooks, op.

Do you have any suggestions?

I'd say khan acedamy is an alright self-teaching material, it's how I taught myself calc 1&2

Yes definitely.

I'm trying to work through this. I'm a victim of burger edumacation, somehow graduated not even being able to do the absolute basics. But I doubt these videos are going to get me there, I'm just using it as a sort of intro and after that I'm going to try working through one of the textbooks I have.

maybe?

Same boat as you. Fuck American education; I've never had a single, good math teacher.
It's true suffering when you have a brain naturally geared for arithmetic, but the teachers in public schools are too braindead to understand the basics themselves, let alone teach it to anyone else.
I am going back to fill in all the gaps I missed with Khan.

I'm so tired of being a math-incompetent brainlet when I know for a fact I have the capacity to understand extremely advanced concepts. It's just a matter of filling the glass, I guess.

>inb4 user is actually a brainlet and didn't learn anything because he was physically uncapable of

>I know for a fact I have the capacity to understand extremely advanced concepts.
How... How exactly do you know that?

This lmao

Who said you needed a "good math teacher"? I agree that a competent and concerned instructor will help you learnt he material... but you should more or less be able to pick up the pieces on your own, when it comes to basic algebra.

warosu.org/sci/?task=search2&search_text=math textbook suggestion