Makes me a tad "nervous" tbqh fem

makes me a tad "nervous" tbqh fem

now grab that and put it into an artificial biomechanical body

easy immortality is easy

>inb4 muh alzheimer

it lacks the eyes.
you didnt think it through. it needs nutrients and substances. and a scaffold. and you don't have the slightest clue how to make an interface.

An artificial body won't stop your neurons from aging and dying

He can just walk really slowly.Read some Einstein sweetie.

the trick is to build long-lasting synthetic neurons and slowly switch it like the Ship of Theseus

The even better thing to do.
>Frontal lobotomy
>Install electronics package in place
>Programmable human
Imagine the applications. Do you think this is being worked on somewhere in an underground bunker?

Frederick the great already did it long ago without modern bio-engineering or robotics -- it's called public schools.

If that's my CNS what's inside me rn wtf im scared now

you gotta lift dude

>You now realize tha'ts bassically everything that makes you you
>the rest is just life support.

google "immortal chicken heart"

Some guy kept a chicken heart alive indefinitely in a glass jar by replacing the fluids in the jar every day or so. I'd imagine you could do the same with a brain and keep it alive indefinitely kinda like the jars in head in Futurama.

The real question is, would a clear transparent jar (so I can look like Mother Brain some evil villain) have any effect on the brain? Can the brain get a sunburn?

>chicken heart
>alive

damn this pic is amazing

All we need to achieve way longer lifespans is getting a way to feed our brain outside our bodies and have a way to send and receive information from it.

>organs work forever as long as you feed them

Only "but it'd just be a copy!" brainlets opt for bio-integrated immortality. Patrician immortals are 100% machine.

Why does looking at that make me feel so uncomfortable

Because your brain normally gives you the illusion of being some magical cartoon person and this picture breaks that illusion by showing you you're really a horrifying dead tree jelly mollusk wrapped in a few layers of meat.

>way longer
>forever
hmmm

same thing since neither are true

>way longer
?

i mean, at least we weren't born as some fruit fly right?

Being a fruit fly would be wonderful. You would be so retarded that you wouldn't know anything, it's perfect. Ignorance is bliss.

i thought knowledge was power. why be powerless? i mean do you really want to live not realizing you've been eating shit like an idiot?

you are not even that, only a small region of the brain is responsible for conscious thought

you would need nanomachines that can manipulate processes within a cell, they could remove beta amyloid plaques, replace damaged dna, as long as the system is well managed and you have energy you could live indefinitely

feels bad