Is this why he did it, Veeky Forums?

Is this why he did it, Veeky Forums?

>Once during my undergrad semester I probably mistakenly smoked for the first time in a while, opened up Ulysses, and went through Telemachus to appreciate the language. For the short amount of time that I was able to harness my focus (3 or 4 pages), Buck Mulligan was a fat, confident Dopey from Snow White, climbing a wizard's tower like something out of Fantasia, and Stephen was his eternal servant lingering on the stairs, sort of a Grumio type, only more sulky and less funny. I found myself laughing aloud at Malachi's quips, whereas any time else I can only ver stand back and appreciate them for what they try to do.

>Also but then like a few moments later I had a panic attack whereat the peak I felt halfway between a great tragedian and a crackpot, either way destined to suffer. Everything played out like a movie before me, and since, mistakenly, I had smoked with two anxious-prone friends, the anxiety enveloped me and for a moment I thought I'd be trapped seeing life as a movie.

I checked out the first few pages myself and... "He pointed his finger in friendly jest and went over to the parapet."

>in friendly jest
>mfw

guys please help me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pqmIAbHXr0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Also but then
I love DFW

DFW smoked weed?

ever read infinite jest?

never heard of it. is it a comedy?

did you just make this up? lol

>in friendly jest

Not saying it couldn't also be a reference to this but Infinite Jest is from Shakespeare, Hamlet calls Yorick "a fellow of infinite jest". It is a pretty popular line, I have seen a few other authors play on it, one that comes to mind is Nabokov's inversion of the phrase in Lolita, Humbert describes someone as "a fellow of infinite melancholy".

>....Who's there?
>I am....

Woah

what are the top two quotes from?

Wow, he was more retarded than most of you.
This thread is retarded as well, though.
Hang yourselves.

>Also but then like a few moments later

Disgusting whore.

>tfw I'm genuinely more sophisticated than DFW

Too bad that my parents are not rich and accademically well connected.

he killed himself because he knew he was a talentless junkie retard

plz respond

Delete this.

Guys I have a confession. What I quoted was something I wrote entirely myself and something that actually happened, but there's so much more to it and I knew it would only garner a "this isn't your diary," so I made it out to be a DFW quote for mostly a reaction, but also because I have a theory that Wallace commuted suicide because he always felt both hyper-anxious and pseudo-brilliant--the state of my mind when I get stoned. Either DFW felt like this naturally, or he was a stoner. Or I just got really stoned, and that's it. Either way, too much TV, man...

David explained his suicide here:

youtu.be/pqmIAbHXr0Y

this isn't your diary

who is this?

The true waifu of lit. Booktubers be damned, we're reclaiming SJWs.

is that real?

dfw is such an embarrassing idiot

dumbfuck wasn't Catholic. Twas his problem. Better off the world is without some fuck trying to pretend to understand Ulysses stoned. What a fool.

Bless your heart, you fool. To understand "Stately Plump Buck Mulligan" you must first be an Irish Catholic, exposed to the Dark Jesuit Ways. If you are not, don't even worry about Joyce. Not worth your damn time! Go and read something more suitable to your likings and worry less about suicide. Benedicite!

There is no Western Canon. There is only Literary Adaptation to the Particular.

it's a sin