Publishers who are good

Publishers who are good

>praising capitalist pig dogs on a lefty board full of broke students and humanities grads

What's wrong with penguin classics?

fuck you pinko cuck, don't you have to go apologize to black people for slavery and take your wife to the interracial breeding grounds?

W.W. Norton & Co.

>autism incarnate

All the Penguin books I've had have been cheap trash tbqhwyf

>muh /pol/ boogeyman
you weak willed limp wristed degenerate homo!

Oxford costs about the same as Penguin but I like their footnotes and endnotes better.

I will read anything from:

Greywolf
Knopf
Everyman's
Copper Canyon
Catedra
Anagrama
Oxford Classics
Harvard Classics

but the penguin is cute

I only care about the author and translation.

Names of the bottom publishers? I only recognise Dalkey, New Directions, and ofc NYRB.

Can someone explain to me why everyone here hates Penguin?

I'm looking for a serious answer, please.

its a meme you dipshiy

study yourself

It's popular and for plebs

the company is run by jews

How do you feel about Faber & Faber?

I enjoy vintage and bantam the most. Then penguin and tor.

How's your wife's son doing?

Personal favorite

only gallimard folio

>twisted spoon shill fag

get out

He's doing alright he's in sports and my boy got himself a girlfriend. How is my ex-wife doing these days?

Bantam will forever be the GOAT paperback publisher because they had the fucking sickest covers of all time.

>Veeky Forums
>left leaning

My diary, desu.

If you're genuinely anything other than some shade of leftist (as opposed to liberal), especially on this board, then you have no sense of irony and should get off this board.

Fuck off. I'll stay here if I want to, cuck.

Feel free to. It'd almost be nice to not have the intellectual fortitude to understand when my own ideas are fucking stupid.

>Projection

>no u

see how easily conversation degenerates when one person can't fathom an ironic and detached disposition?

honestly, I have never encountered a satisfactory paperback published by Penguin. they all feel cheap and the print quality is iffy. on the other hand, they do seem quite durable.

FSG you fucks

I don't understand the Penguin hate desu. The font is comfortable and at a good size. The paper is white and the classics covers are pretty uniform and stylish. Not saying it's the best but it does a pretty good job.

The typesetting is fine, but their graphic design/cover design is so god-awful to my eye not only can I not buy them, I judge people who have them. It's so generic, in the worst way.

Because it and Random House are like the Borg of publishing.

All the hip cool cats stick to independent publishers.

Most of them are just paintings/artwork with a black bottom third.

ik Oxford Classics are pretty good, what else?

This, desu desu.

This comment about print quality is true. It's like they use paper that's slightly too dark or the ink is not black enough. The text does not stand out from the page, which incidentally feels like soft denim. It doesn't take a good dogear and tears easily.

Penguin also has a tendency to break up classics unnecessarily. So to get all your Plutarch, for example, you'd have to buy 2-3 books. Robbery. They're not even recent works, but reprints of century-old translations.

>t. owns many Penguin books & enjoys them but publisher could do better.

I have a lot of Penguins, but actually like Dover. Their books feel like they'll last forever. I also like FSG (farrar strauss giroux). Veeky Forums Nortons have a lot of (really bad) filler, and I have some older readers that are falling apart.

Loeb classics are quality, as are Everyman's Library and Knopf.

hahah holy fuck please.

i still maintain that penguin's books are made of some pretty cheap material and break down from just existing for too long, like, in a matter of days.

this honestly. the broom of the system is the only good penguin book ive seen.

t h i s

>We need more irony
>Implying we had a conversation in the first place
>Implying there are ever discussions in these kinds of threads