Which has the most/best literature and poetry?

Which has the most/best literature and poetry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Español.

Literature: France
Poetry: India

Is it a contest?

you mispelled "pooetry"

Fuck off Baahir.

The Greeks desu

English

English lit is probably the most mediocre literature on the planet.
>inb4 m-muh pynchon, muh joyce

I'm not a po-mo fiend

Are we including Latin America in this?

Are there even novels in italian? Seems it's only poetry.

Is he referring about languages or countries? You have your answer then.

How the fuck should I know what op's intentions are? I'm not his mom, you sardonic fuck

OP here

I'm dead.
And so is this faggot.

the image refers to the lenguage, not the specific country you poor minded fellow

There is no "best" in this case, both literatures are equally rich but different.

It's like doing a Germany vs. Greece contest in philosophy, you could only come up with this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8

4k million people in this world speak spanish. There's your answer.

>Canon logo vs pizza box logo

tough choice

>4k million people
wat

And how does this have something to do with the quality of both literatures?

But most of them are sub human monkeys.

Both are better than french, that is for sure

Spanish because >Siglo de Oro

don't you have a board for this kind of crap?

This.
The spanish golden age was probably the pinnacle of literature.

No.

You could say "Italian because >Renaissance" and it wouldn't be wrong. Where is the Spanish Machiavel? (inb4 Gracián)

renaissance is pretty much the siglo de oro, dumbass.

also, if you french/italian/spanish/portuguese poetry you know that at that time was all about spanish poets.

Both are great, but personally I prefer Italian since it hosts my absolute favorite literary works.

1. Russians
2. Spanish
3. French (yeah fuck you)

English is pretty bottom of the barrel 2 b h familia. Even Germans are better.

>not knowing who umberto eco is

anyway, italian has an endless list of world-renewed literature. there's your answer OP

>renaissance is pretty much the siglo de oro, dumbass
wat lol

>you know that at that time was all about spanish poets
Too bad history didn't stop its course around 1650.

Machiavelli is known because of his work as a political scientist, not because of his prose/poetry.

Would be Spanish if Italy didn't have Leopardi.

>wat lol
they both went to 14th to 16th

>wat
they both went from 14th to 16th

>Too bad history didn't stop its course around 1650.
spanish prose > italian prose
spanish poetry > italian poetry

Spain wins in both ways, 2bh

>Svevo
>Moravia
>Pasolini
>Tomasi di Lampedusa
>Pirandello
>Pavese
>Verga

And I'm not even Italian. Sometimes I wonder if this board isn't just 99% people who toss opinions around with no knowledge at all.

>Sometimes I wonder if this board isn't just 99% people who toss opinions around with no knowledge at all.

Sometimes..... I wonder....... but I don't get no conclusion at all.......... but I..... wonder..........

>they both went from 14th to 16th
Frankly, no.

>spanish prose > italian prose
In fiction, maybe, but Spanish has fewer relevant non-fiction works to compete with Machiavelli, Vasari, Castiglione, or even Pasolini in modern times.

>spanish poetry > italian poetry
Who beats Dante, Petrarch, Ariosto, Tasso, or Leopardi?

Quevedo? Góngora? They're not on the same level IMO.

I must add that Manrique's Coplas are excellent, but they're Villon-tier. Which means, not even trying to compete with large works like Dante's or Ariosto's poems.

And who beats Pessoa? Rimbaud? Mallarmé? Valery? Herberto Helder? Parra? Italian poetry stopped in 18th century, m8. Beyond that there's nothing, except for a Ungaretti, maybe.

I accept that italy has better poetry , but the spanish language has the superior writers and playwrights.

>Leopardi?
>Marinetti??
>Pasolini???

Nice opinions you've got there, but no.

Also, Rimbaud, Pessoa and their friends are as off-topic as Vikram Seth or Quintus Smyrnaeus.

"Political science" is a part of prose. And of literature, too.

>Leopardi
18th born.

>Marinetti
Kek, is him really your best? A failed futurist? Latin Americana has tons of them, all shit.

>Pasolini
Pasolini? A filmmaker? Don't you have a real poet? Every italian knows that Pasolini's poetry is utter shit.

>Leopardi
>18th born
So that makes him a 18th century poet? Like Balzac is a 18th century novelist and Breton a 19th century surrealist, then? Cool opinion.

>Marinetti
Quoted for historical importance, because you made it sound like Italy became a cultural desert around 1800.

>Pasolini
>not a real poet
I grant you the permission to kill yourself.

>Marinetti
>failed futurist
Don't talk shit about my avant-garde, senpai.

>So that makes him a 18th century poet? Like Balzac is a 18th century novelist and Breton a 19th century surrealist, then? Cool opinion.

When the 19th begin Leopardi was already a adult, whilst Balzac had 1 fucking year. What a shit comparation.

>Quoted for historical importance
>historical importance

Kek. Marinetti is NOTHING outside Italy.

>I grant you the permission to kill yourself.
Ok, continue to quote filmmakekers then.

>Don't talk shit about my avant-garde, senpai.
Sorry, Mussolini. My bad.

>When the 19th begin Leopardi was already a adult
Leopardi born in 1798. Kill yourself once more.

>Marinetti is NOTHING outside Italy
Futurism is not nothing out of Italy, and I'm not Italian btw.

>continue to quote filmmakers then
Pasolini is a poet that made films on the side, not the other way round.

>Leopardi born in 1798. Kill yourself once more.
Damnit, you're right on that.

>Futurism is not nothing out of Italy, and I'm not Italian btw.
Oh, believe me, it is. Is just a page in every encyclopedia, like all the others -isms (except concretism and symbolism, maybe). No one reads futurism anymore. 2bf, no one has ever read. That's the good thing about avanguardie, you don't need to read that shit to know what's all about.

>Pasolini is a poet that made films on the side, not the other way round.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

>Pasolini is a poet that made films on the side, not the other way round.
Yeah, and Houellebecq is a poet that made novels on the side.
Fucking retard.

you can't beat italian poetry

>Italian poetry stopped in 18th century, m8. Beyond that there's nothing, except for a Ungaretti, maybe.
Carducci
D'annunzio
Pascoli
Montale

Foscolo too

>Carducci
meh
>D'annunzio
meh
>Pascoli
meh
>Montale
average

meanwhile..

>Paz
neat
>Parra
neat
>Borges
neat
>Leopoldo Maria Ponero
neat
>Vallejo
neat
>Huidobro
neat
>Pizarnik
neat

Did I forgot someone maybe?

I mean, you could easily mention one of the best contemporary poets of the globe, but... yeah, expect something from Veeky Forums is just too much.

Benedetti, de Rokha, Neruda, Lihn.
Italians can't compete with spic poetry.

Pasolini published poetry well before making any kind of film. And he kept on dealing with poetry (not just his own poetry btw) until the end.

You see him as a filmmaker because he's marketed as such (the film industry has bigger marketing budgets than the poetry industry), but deep down Pasolini is a poet that happened to made very good films; just like Victor Hugo is first and foremost a poet who wrote plays and novels too. That's it. You would know it if you gave serious attention to his work, instead of dismissing it in a "who cares what a filmmaker writes" fashion.

no ur the retard lel

Spanish has more poets for obvious reasons (duh, 570m speakers vs 85m speakers?), but no one who equals the very best Italians.

And in the end, only the best matter.

Reminder that remembering Marinetti is a disgrace to his memory.

He would want all of his books burned and forgotten, but we keep holding on to them in university libraries.
The only thing worse that could have happened, is if we had revered him as a hero and erected statues of him everywhere.

Lots of writers want the same as him, though.

Is it as ideologically driven, or do they just not want to be remembered?

You're a fucking retarded autist, you even made me kek for this post

> Ungaretti
> Montale
> Quasimodo
> Saba
> Marinetti
> Palazzeschi
> Moretti
> Corazzini
> Govoni
> D'Annunzio
> Fortini
> Sanguineti
> Bertolucci
> Pagliarani
> Rebora
> Penna
> Campana
> Michelstaedter
> Rosselli
> Pozzi
> Raboni
> Sereni
> Merini
> Zanzotto
> Fiore
> Gualtieri

And I only named those poets who are 100% known by the majority of people nowadays. Kek

These are the 2 volumes of the complete poems by Pasolini: over 3500 pages.

And regarding Futurism, it was the first avantgarde movement of the 20th century – that is, the first avantgarde movement EVER. All the -isms you're talking about were inspired by Futurism and started in its footsteps.

Last but not least, little reminder to study Futurism more thoroughly, since it's coming back really soon.

>he hasn't read La Mandragola

Top tier cuck-drama my friend.

>Failed futurist
>the guy who basically created the movement and drove it through the power of his irl shitposting alone

>>Montale
>average
Probably the most important poet along with Eliot for the 20th century in Europe.

>Carducci
>meh
>D'annunzio
>meh
>Pascoli
>meh
Try to read them at least once before playing fuckaround on Veeky Forums behind you Anonymous plaque, you arrogant motherfucker.

>he can't stand that Pasolini made 25 films, 10 plays, wrote 12 novels, 3500 pages of poetry and three tomes of articles and essays and died at 53

you shouldn't wonder that dude. that's a certain fact

Daily reminder that M5S will win the next general election and there's nothing you can do about it

It's not even a Contest. Russian.

kek