How to be Veeky Forums?

Newfag, who has always had an appreciation for literature, but only lately have I started reading for information as well as pleasure.

My question is: how can I gain as much knowledge as possible, and how do I know if I am progressing? Please forgive my stupidity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2AkLE4X-bbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why would you want to be Veeky Forums. The majority of people on this site are social outcasts, virgins, and generally unattractive people who cling on to being "well-read" for a sense of consistent identity because they're so utterly insecure. Of course, this lack of authenticity is apparent when you see people wanking off over the same meme books (often shitty postmodern doorstoppers that aren't easily accessible to 'le evil normies', the sole reason for their being read).
As you will undoubtedly also have noticed, this thread isn't actually about literature, but rather about constituting your own idealized self-image against such evil forces as liberals, women, 'normies', and people who don't read. Hence all the threads about reddit, women, nonwhites, postmodernism/continental philosophy/Frenchies/feminism/booktubers/atheists etc.

In short, start with the Greeks and don't ever come on here again

>As you will undoubtedly also have noticed, this thread isn't actually about literature
board, not thread.

best first post fucking blown the fuck out of all other best first posts, ever.

Except for the bit hating on continental philosophy, that was uncalled for.

Nice analysis of the board.

No, I do not want to read or gain knowledge for some superficial sense of superiority. I recognize how foolish that is. I'm not particularly intelligent, but I am very curious, which I am grateful for.

There are daily threads about 'lol continental philosophy is for plebs', though.

I didn't say I hated it. In fact, I don't.

/thread

This desu

>I do not want to read or gain knowledge for some superficial sense of superiority
Then why are you trying to maximize knowledge gain? Just read whatever sparks your interest. If you want a basic framework then go for SWTG and Bible.

>Then why are you trying to maximize knowledge gain?
To become more knowledgeable, presumably

Why do you assume that wanting to gain knowledge entails some selfish motive?

Oke i am going to give it too you straight.
You are reading too many books, /lit is flooded with books.
Nothing but lonely losers reading excessively, destroying their testosterone levels.
Our only weakness , books.
After reading you are calmed you are made docile and lose all motivation.
This needs to stop, this is the reason our birth rates dwindle.
This is the reason why /lit turned weak , we are all contempt wankers, drained of our manly juices that makes us /lit.
We let our guard down now tumbler and reddit have grown in numbers ,they made us weak with this infection of books.
It is time we put our sperm in nothing but jars or women, no more little swimmers waisted on books.
No more reading unless it is for the cause of /lit.
It is time for discipline, It is time we make /lit great again, It its time we stop reading with out a cause.
/lit unite ,Abstain , Return to your natural form of frustration, hate, contempt and anger.

Your mission , no reading for 9 days too reach the maximum amount of testosterone in your system.
This will also flush the build up oestrogen out of your system and reduce your bitch tits.

Do not read any books.

Textual stimulus causes the prostate to produce prostate fluid that over time becomes a carcinogen.

WHO IS THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL youtube.com/watch?v=2AkLE4X-bbU

take the redpill; abstain from book reading

I want to sniff her ass

>I posted it again!

Read shitty authors like DFW and Pynchon, and be sure to ostentatiously lurk the "Stack Threads" and post books you've just bought and will never read.

>how can I gain as much knowledge as possible, and how do I know if I am progressing? Please forgive my stupidity.
Get some science textbooks and read them

knowledge is useless.

Start by reading the books that I think are good and intellectual and not listening to other people's incorrect opinions about what books are good and intellectual. I recommend reading either popular books that you can talk to other people about or reading books about a specific subject or interest that you have that is applicable to the real world.

People like to pretend that all reading is equally educational but most fantasy and day-dream type books are wish fulfillment that people use to escape from their uninteresting lives. Most books are stories not knowledge and in most cases the bits of knowledge you can learn from them will be totally useless to you in the real world. It's popular to pretend that reading is much healthier than television because it's older/less enjoyable, but content matters much more than the medium you receive it through.

Read extremely popular books so you can connect with people over a shared story and learn more about they think through interaction or read the best books of a subject you're going to spend a lot of your life on. You can only learn so much and will forget most of it, the only useful knowledge is applicable knowledge.

knowledge is gay