Mother Nature vs Humans

Why is mother nature fucking us so hard?

Hurricanes Irma, Harvey, Katia, and Jose all of which have been category 4 or 5, the highest categories possible.
Mexico 8.1 earthquake yesterday
Past 29 days there has been over 10 earthquakes above 6.0
Wildfires sprouting everywhere in West America in the past week

Maybe it's just North America

Other urls found in this thread:

skepticalscience.com/argument.php
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=62&v=FVuNTiqHys0
Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Maybe it's just North America
Didn't India lose like 2,000 people to a monsoon two weeks ago? But that's probably an average Tuesday for them.

Don't forget the X-Class solar flares about to impact earth.

"Mother nature " not your mom

>Why
This word should be banned.

Massive amounts of fuel being used to safely evacuate doesn't help the climate either.

Science is inquisitive at its base.

You don't know me

>Why is mother nature fucking us so hard?

Because Americas been talking shit now it's getting hit. It's a friendly reminder by nature to stay humble like the fucking rats you are.

Anyway statistically speaking the hurricanes, earthquake and wildfires could be just bad timing...well that's the hope anyway right? That's it's all poor coincidence otherwise the alternative is you know climate change.

Either way I'm glad Veeky Forums is dominated by something science related for a change.

How exactly does the human factor in climate change make such a huge difference in catastrophe frequency from just a couple months ago?

By exacerbating natural processes involving said catastrophes in the first place.

People who take issue with climate change argue that humans are only playing a minor role relative to other factors. But even a minor role can be enough, the best example is the dust bowl.

Hundreds of farmers stripped the land bear to make it easier for planting their crops, unsuspectingly they allowed the aeolian process (wind erosion) to occur at greater strength than normal. Because of this these strong winds carried more loose dust particles (think something akin to dust on your table but by a factor of a million) in the air than usual to create dust storms that ruined crops, houses and people's lungs.

When this occurred the government eventually had to implement farming techniques that would avoid these events to save the local economies. No one expected simple farming tools and techniques could trigger the dust bowl but it did.

What matters is not the percentage of contribution to a system but the placement of said contribution to a system. Because placement is everything in nature, a woman having poor nutrition for example is bad but not disasterous. But a woman who's pregnant having poor nutrition is disasterous because that can actually cause mental handicaps and birth defects for the child.

>Why is mother nature fucking us so hard?
No you're just weak. This is just natural selection, kiddo

dust bowl was a gentle fingering.
She's put on the strapon for us now.

>"I'm only 12yo and this is my first hurricane and it is scary!!! D="

Fuck right off Veeky Forums, kid. This is an 18+ only board. There's a metric shit ton of natural disasters every fucking month around the world. It just so happens there's fucking nothing else going on in the media right now so they have to fill their fear mongering quota with something.

Hurricanes are a meme, the storm surge is the only danger about them.

Repent! For the end is nigh!

Nothing about a hurricane in 2017 is dangerous. You have a fucking week to leave its path. A fucking WEEK. Anyone caught in a hurricane is a complete fucking retard.

hurricane strength is directly connected to sea temperatures

skepticalscience.com/argument.php

>This is an 18+ only board.
Is it? I thought only the NSFW boards were.

>You have a fucking week to leave its path.
Not quite. It's path is not known for a week. Models can approximate.
That said, this one's huge and a miss is close enough.

Why leave when you can outlast the worst of it then be the first to loot when it settles?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=62&v=FVuNTiqHys0

Earthquakes, hurricanes, and wildfires have been happening for eons. This is just a bad year relative to recent memory.

It's because the precession of the earths axis goes in ~2000 year cycles. We just got over the zodiac "fall" season Taurus->Aries-> Pisces

And we are approaching the beginning of the next 6000 year cycle beginning with the age of aquarius. The earth goes through changes as it naturally had since its inception.

Hey kid, the last time 3 sequential hurricanes were at least category 4 was 1852
There's no record of all the rest of this shit happening at once

>18+ meme
Get out /b/-tard

don't forget the solar eclipse!

Veeky Forums.org/rules

>2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

El niño season not karma. I live in California. There's wildfires nearly year round. Can't stop earthquakes. They're random.

We stuck our dick in her first. She's literally still wet from the BP spill.

The earth is doing her job and cleansing herself of retarded Americans. Soon, a better world will emerge once you're all devastated.

>Caring about nature on a planetary scale and not a cosmic one.
The cruelest joke nature played was making life unwinnable

>Science is inquisitive at its base.
i think anons point was
when you ask "why is x " you are asking us to affirm the precedent and implying the consequent is a given.
when scientists should be asking "why is x if y implies x" and "why does y imply x?",

>sequential
That's not sequential

Not really.

>>/x/

What I want to know is why everyone is talking about warm water as the cause of the hurricanes all of a sudden. When I learned about hurricane formation it was explained that they form when a warm front collides with a cool front. The warm air rises and cools, and the cool air dropping and warming, then the air constantly swirling as it all cools and warms. Makes sense right? No but now everyone is talking about water temperature as if it's an energy producer strong enough to "recharge" a storm from cat 3 to 5 again just because it moves over some water.
I understand the concept, because it's basically the warm/cool fronts collision theory but with warm water vapor instead of a pocket of warm air. But can water vapor actually create that much energy? If that were the case, wouldn't we be able to use water vapor instead of natural gas in energy production?

>cucking to nature
her place is to lick our boots
it's only because of faggot ass hippies that we aren't doing the proper thing and geo-engineering the shit out of earth to make it extra clear how nature is our bitch

OK so why didn't this happen two months ago? The greenhouses added is relatively negligible

>Wildfires sprouting everywhere in West America in the past week
Same as ever year for the past decade.

I mean, that is a man made phenomena, in that people are expanding into the wilderness, thus more fires. Maybe global warming contributes some, but not nearly as much as that.

Rough hurricane seasons happen. Water is a bit warmer, but meh, could easily have a hurricane season worse than this with cooler water, just by chance.

Streams of Earthquakes, similarly, happen... Not sure if this is any sort of record though.

Looking it up, it seems the number of big earthquakes has been rising steadily since 1973, but it's also down quite a bit from the turn of the century, and this year pales in comparison to 2008. Not sure how much of that is skewed by improved detection techniques and communications though.

>down quite a bit from the turn of the century
*turn of the last century, I should say. Seems there was a huge peak in earthquake activity in the early 1900's.

The oceans have been warming up the whole decade, but the effects of el niño (and la niña) were shielding the continental USA with their winds.

Those events are ficle however, for this year they aren't present, and those hurricanes that had been wanting to form have nothing stopping them from harnessing those warm oceans that we have provided.

Trump got fed up in his simcity game and just started hitting the disasterbutton over and over again

I hate people who say "kill yourself" to everyone but you deserve it.

Kill yourself please.

Uhh not sure about the rest of the stuff but on "why don't we use vater gañpr instead of natural gas"

We do use water vapor to transport energy but that's usually on a larger scale such as nuclear energy and industrial processes. We use natural gas as fuel, not to transport energy. Because when we use water vapor we don't use it as a fuel... why am I explaining this? go learn some thermodynamics you nigger.