SLEEP DEPRIVATION - COGNITION

Why does the ability to hear music in my head and visualize complex objects in my mind increase as I become more sleep deprived?
Is this a common thing? I can do and think things when I am sleep deprived that I simply cannot when I am well rested.

What's the main cause of this?

Help me understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/nrn/journal/v18/n7/pdf/nrn.2017.55.pdf?origin=ppub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it means ur gay

Have you tried acid OP?

Da DNA dude did dat

No, never. But I believe I've had experiences that might be similar in nature to what LSD reports, do report. I have in the past, awaken in the middle of the night to feelings of disassociation and visual, tactile and sound hallucinations, where I would see things in these vivid pastel colors in complete darkness, see thunder and hear it. I remember seeing dragons, bears and a demonic hand creeping from the corner of my room once too, these would last for some seconds before fading off.

Also, when I would be falling asleep my visualization skills would increase so much, I would see entire cities in extremely vivid detail.

I have not had one of these experiences in the last 4 years.

You have a easier time imagining things because your brain is telling you to sleep. While you can't reason or use logic that well when sleep deprived, the brain focus on memories and visuals to prepare you for your sleep

It's also means you will be able to lucid dream while in that state. If you look up guides, you'll be able to feel and see the transition from sleep to dream. Of course, if you are experimenting stress, you won't be able to reach that state as easily as you wish, but you just need to relax

Interesting that you mention lucid dreaming, as I have been doing that since I was 9 years old, except that 4 years ago I entered a depression and developed an anxiety disorder which has not let me to experience a lucid dream (or any of the other bizarre experiences i had) ever since.

Having another lucid dream has been a insurmountable goal of mine ever since, like a dragon of chaos destabilizing my life into decadence.

There you go, you just answered your own question

because you developed depression and anxiety, it's definitely gonna be harder for you to dream as it's affect your thought process. Try getting yourself a hobby for you to enjoy. If you are being overworked, look into what you can change so you feel less depressed/ect

you could always try anti-depressant pills but these won't truly patch you up unless you are crippled by it. what you do need is to spend time with someone, play video games, or anything that will definitely cheer you up.

you could also try to look into sleeping pills, they will allow you to get dreams but you should look into the side effects

I've ordered Selegiline from an online pharmacy, which I will be testing for some time. I've had good experiences with any most compounds that increase dopamine, in terms of giving me the motivation and focus necessary to dig myself up from the precarious situation I find myself in right now, so I might tackle the main sources of stress in my life.

I am hopeful Selegiline will work.

As you get dumber, you think you get smarter.

This is not about intelligence, it's about suddenly experiencing things like some sort of half assed synaesthesia where music not only begins to sound incredibly beautiful, but the experience of listening comes with tactile feelings and visuals that dance in tandem with the tempo, shaped and modeled by the timbre of the instruments.

It's about suddenly being able to see and walk places I've been to, inside my own mind. It's about being able to connect from idea to idea, from sound to sound without a stop or hesitation in a smooth and uninterrupted manner. I can remember things from my past, that would never cross my mind in a more focused and rested stated of mind.
-

It's some sort of minor manic episode, every time I become sleep deprived. It's magical. I cannot express how beautiful it is.

You are less able to focus when tired, which is why you recall music more easily (actually, music intrudes into your thoughts)

in other words, it's true that it happens, but it is not a good thing (which makes sense since it stems from a not-so-good condition, "the symmetries of the causes are to be found in the effects")

Sometimes, when I'm laying on my bed at night, I'm able to visualize thoughts in my mind so vividly that it's almost like I was looking at an actual picture before me. I don't need to be sleep deprived, though.

I believe it's some form of pseudo-WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming)

I wouldn't mind living like this, I might have become half retarded and unable to reasonable financial decisions or plan ahead long term, but at least I am happy now.

There's an eerie and mystical glowing aura of exciting emotive content in everything I do, which would normally be nothing but a reminder of the lifeless, cold concrete soul existing inside me. I have become addicted to my own self destruction, and I never expected it to feel so good.

Usually when sleep deprived I'm super productive and want to get things done, thr opposite of when I sleep normally. Dunno, OP, not sleeping has strange effects.

How sleep deprived exactly?

past 16 hours since the time I wake up, it's when it begins to build up for the next 4 hours were it peaks into magical wonderland.

OP here, I wake up 3 hours ago and I decided to treat myself to Dexamphetamine. I am experiencing a drug induced manic state and it's pretty much similar to what I experience when sleep deprived, except I feel even fresher.

>Sleep deprivation triggers a generalized increase in reward sensitivity that impairs reward discrimination accuracy, such that the brain becomes less capable of accurately coding incremental increases in reward value, from low to high.

>In addition to deficits in the activation of frontal reward circuits following sleep deprivation, studies have revealed that responses of the striatum and amygdala to emotionally pleasurable or hedonic images, as well as desirable food stimuli, are amplified with sleep deprivation. Moreover, the same studies reported failures of discriminatory signalling of stimulus valence (for example, discriminating desirable from undesirable foods) in the anterior insula, mPFC and OFC, sleep deprived participants.

>Thus, effects of sleep loss on reward processing seem to be sensitive to several interacting factors, including sex and trait genetics.
just a few things i found that stand out but i only read about half

nature.com/nrn/journal/v18/n7/pdf/nrn.2017.55.pdf?origin=ppub
there you go, kek

This is really interesting. This could explain a lot of things. Thx.

Well this explains everything, except the synaesthesia and visualization skills increase.