Do you ever reach the point where you have a whole shelf with just one author?

Do you ever reach the point where you have a whole shelf with just one author?

i have ones for hitler, schopenhauer, evola, and kevin mcdonald

want to start one on trump to trigger my libcuck friends

>hurr durr

no you don't. I doubt you even read anything beyond text on an imageboard.

I have a whole shelf of Baudrillard and a whole shelf of Burroughs.

Also a whole shelf of Robert E. Howard, but I haven't actually read all of his conan stuff yet, and alot of the paperbacks are also Carter and L.Sprauge DeCamp

Baudrillard recommendations? Only read America

America is good, very easy to get into. "Transparency of Evil" is written in a similar tone and should be easy to jump into. Cool Memories reads a lot like these two as well.

For a solid understanding of his philosophy, check out The Perfect Crime, The System of Objects and Simulations.

>shitty fantasy
>bible on the top shelf

pleb

no. i rarely read more than one thing by a single author, as they typically can only shit out one supreme work that they either spend their lives working up to, or working down from. the only author i have multiple works from are dickens, pynchon, and dostoevsky, simply because i haven't read enough of their works to establish which one is the best. once i have, i'll throw the rest away.

Getting tired of you /pol/ falseflags. Why do you hate /pol/ so much?

>reddit spacing

Only Charles Dickens

My churchill shelf

David Eddings (and his wife I suppose)

>the fugliest book of the new sun editions
croat, i am dissapoint

it's a meme, you dip*

*by dip I of course mean brainwashed liberal cuck

I have Nabokov, Proust and Tolstoy shelves.

>he has carter and decamps continuations
BURN THE WITCH
CLEANS OUR VILLAGE OF THE UNPURE

Is that not good?

>shitty fantasy
>Wolfe
You're not even trying
>bible on the top shelf
Wut

2/3 of one of my shelves is Dostoevsky.
2/3 of a shelf of Shakespeare.

When I had my wot books they took up a full shelf.

Its terrible

Wut?

I want an entire shelf of Gene Wolfe.

Yes, I have (more or less) the complete works of Nabokov and that occupies one shelf. Also my copies of Dickens, Orwell, Updike, Waugh and Ballard all probably *could* but presently don't.

No, I only read good authors who died after 2-3 books.

I have a shelf of all Isaac Asimov, though I will probably get rid of the science books, as they're outdated.

Well you can't have mine

What's Wolfe's best work besides BotNS?

Not yet. The most I have by any one author is five or six books. I do I tend on getting more of both eventually.

Sure do, OP.

You should see my shelf full of Clive Cussler books. It's quite a sight!

The shelf that only contains Proust must be a fairly small shelf.

have you ever taken a picture in a bookstore and passed it off as your own bookshelf?

Book of the Short Sun.

But you'd need to read Long Sun first.

Is Long Sun worth it? I'm on Urth right now, kinda wanna read that next

Long Sun is a step down from New Sun, but it's worth it for Short Sun. And it's pretty good in its own right, but it doesn't clear the bar set by New Sun.

My ex girlfriend literally bought me 6 bukowski novels and 3 or 4 short story collections and a compilation of his poetry because I loved Ham On Rye.

Post Office, Factotum, Ham On Rye are amazing, women is alright, Hollywood and Pulp are pure shit. The short story collections are pure shit and apart from 10 of his poems for entertainment value, are also pure shit.

Bukowski is amazing and hilarious if you're 19 years old and if you keep to one or two books, now I can't stand it.

Thanks, Laura.

I've got 18 by Mishima, 17 by Soseki and 16 by Tanizaki, but none of them take up a whole shelf, since Japanese lit tends to be so short.

Yes, especially for narrow shelves and lazy authors.

I have 33 jack l chalker novels ive collected over the last 20 years. My father gave me a copy of demons at rainbow bridge when i was 12-13 and it has gone from there.

I have 20 Aubrey-Maturin novels by Patrick O'Brian. It doesn't quite take up the whole shelf partly because it's a pretty wide shelf and partly because (aside from Post Captain) the Aubrey Maturin books are on the slim side.

no?

why would you do that?

sounds kinda silly desu

I'm really fucking jealous of that Wolfe collection, OP.

What are your favourite novels by each of them?

No. I get bored of an author after a while. Usually after 3-7 books. It's different if it's a series, of course, depending on the type of series.

I think he's great but Veeky Forums makes fun of me for liking him.

user, it's Veeky Forums. don't worry about it.

I dunno but I have two copies of the complete works of Milton. Sometimes I think about getting a whole shelf of different editions.

Spot on

Tanizaki's The Makioka Sisters, Soseki's Kokoro and Mishima's Temple of the Golden Pavillion.

Yes, Terry Brooks.

I have a Kerouac shelf. Fight me.

which one of those dantes is your fav? same question but faust.

idk but i somehow wound up with

2 robinson crusoes
2 white noises
2 crime and punishments
2 the brothers karamazovs
2 the idiots
2 iliads
2 complete shakespeares
3 divine comedies
4 infinite jests
and 6 bibles

yeah i gotta JK Rawling shelf :)

Dantebro, why did you ruin your Dante shelf?

>Multiple shelves of Stephen King
A family member asked me what I liked to read, the only author I could think of that they'd also know was King. Word got around my family and they all dumped their collection on me.

owned

I got more books and had to make it fit somehow.

>Dante
consult the chart desu
>Faust
For most readers I'd recommend Kaufmann for part I and Luke for part II. Atkins is good if you really, really care about prosody (and rendering German prosody in English).

hes pop lit trash