Atlas Shrugged

Just picked this book up Veeky Forums, what can I expect? Will I make it through?

>he fell for the objectivist meme
we get it, you're an ancap, doesn't mean you have to force yourself to read absolute garbage just because it aligns with your views

I mean there are some parts that aren't that bad, the overall story is like ancap wish fulfillment, but I don't dislike every single scene in the book.

that's literally the second most popular book in dumbfuckistan after bible why are you creating another retarded fucking thread instead of spending 30 seconds googling cockgobbling piece of shit a good thread died because of your stupidity fuck off to /r/books and die you handicapped cretin

Sorry, I will read marx next if that will make you happy.

Or I could read nietzsche but I assume that will trigger you too ?

nah dude, those guys aren't retards and were at least good at writing

>Marx
>not retarded

You can't say both of those in conjunction. Then again I majored in economics, his works might be an interesting fable I guess.

>Atlas Shrugged

have a bump my friend

>Will I make it through?
I doubt you'll make it through the night.

i liked the part where the micropenis sprouts from inner ear canal

of course are Marx' visions kinda obsolete because they'll only work in a utopian world so fuck it but the point still standsand also it's useful as an observation I guess

If you haven't read the Fountainhead, put this down and read that. It's pretty much just Atlas Shrugged lite, and it reads less like a manifesto of philosophy and more like a novel. If you don't enjoy the Fountainhead, you probably won't enjoy Atlas Shrugged,

Ayn Rand is just about as hopeless as Karl Marx tbqhwyfsmdh

I hate Veeky Forums sometimes. I swear they've never read the books they comment on.

Atlas Shrugged is a very easy read, but it does have boring parts. Especially the radio broadcast at the end that goes on and on.

In my opinion there are only two really good chapters, but both are well worth the read even if you generally disagree with Ayn Rand. The first is the rant about money and if it's the root of evil and the second is the trial.

The rest is pretty mediocre though.

Yeah the money rant sticks out in my memory as the least shitty part

>I majored in an outdated obsolete field that wrongfully assumes all humans are rational actors hurr durr
>no wonder I'm an ancap since I'm so fucking retarded in the first place
>Marx
>utopian
You haven't actually read Marx, have you?

>le truth is in le middle

Start with Anthem. If you don't like that, you definitely won't like Fountainhead or AS.

In fact, don't even start with Anthem. Just listen to Rush - 2112 and realize that you just spared yourself a few hours of Rand's shitty writing, then swear off Objectivism for good.

It is not worth reading. 1200 pages of the same nonsensical gibberish. For a self described "objectivist," she makes heavy use of clumsily executed emotional ploys.

This is about how I felt after I finished it:

>what can I expect?

The absolute antithesis of a normal, socially well adapted worldview. Read it if you're dying to know how to definitely not view the world

You can expect an over-privileged bitch trying to explain away her shitty views by saying that we would all be better off if everyone was an asshole and defending that view with a retarded allegory tailored very tightly to fit that idea.