Ridiculous ideas

What would be the effects of a neutrino beam capable of killing people (besides killing people)?

Would it pass through matter as if it wasn't there? Or would it scatter and irradiate everything?

Assume the beam is a beam, and not a sphere or something not beam-like.

And yes, I'm aware 99.9999999999% of all neutrinos never will touch anything. I'm assuming the beam has enough of them that the ones who do touch stuff are enough to do the job.

Other urls found in this thread:

what-if.xkcd.com/73/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A lethal neutrino laser would be a literal god tier weapon. There would be no counter to it. You could have a bunker of solid lead that is lightyears thick, and the neutrino beam would still penetrate it. You could just aim through the earth to the other side as if the earth wasn't even there.

The only way to do it is literally a supernova explosion.

Think of the electric bill though.

I realize that.

My question is, can I snipe with it, or would it sterilize the best part of the solar system the moment it touches atmosphere?

I feel like any type of process that creates a lethal amount of neutrinos would have already destroyed the entire dolar system before the neutrinos cause any type of damage

Supernovas produce a high enough density of neutrinos to kill you from over 1AU away, how dop eis that

what-if.xkcd.com/73/

I'm assuming the neutrino ray appears on vacuum, I just want to know how would it behave.

The weaponised neutrino ray would interact with particles on the way to the target atleast as much as they interact with the target, my best guess is that the intense beam would lead to very exotic interactions with heavier particles which would atleast lead to massive amounts of cherenkov radiation, so if nothing else everything is blasted with UV light

It amuses me to think that by the time the UV reaches the surface, the target will be already dead.

Not really. Remember, if you're neutrino beam has enough neutrinos to interact with a human enough to kill them, it has more than enough to interact with (and be deflected/absorbed by) lead. If it can go through the Earth easily with no effects, then it will do the same to people.

>he thinks this is how radiation works

Exego non belivere theoristeri physicae.
Neutrinoi est non existere ad argumentatio.

Movere ad CIA et NSA et NLP desertii cereberi.
Washington, Ohio et New orleans et queens.
In White house secret service boss ex CIA.
In Ohio est in mafia richard smith est fals nomen afterii, correct est Richard Sintere in NSA.
In New Orleans est anthony schmidt FBI.
In Queens est Tom Schmidt NLP Correct est NYPD.
Ego profiler de solo. Ego non opere in prim nation. Ego Hacker et trollere America, Russia,
German et omni nationi, Ego non anarci. Neo mund order est new world order.

>Legionii homini et Veeky Forums vadere legionii.

Not realy, neutrinos only interact with weak force, this makes them unsuitable to damage something, and even if they can, you would needed a extremely huge power source, since as a weapon, neutrinos are extremely inneficient.

I'm saying "if you had a device that could produce a lethal beam of neutrinos" - skipping over all that about inefficiency and powr and whatnot

Ego forgetere in past: Ego destroyere atombombs in omni nationi in past. Non belevere abex veritas est. Anonymus est non hackeri, ego ad virtuii hacker. Non fals informare ergo non /X/.

Would be interesting to know what effects would produce gthe interaction with weak force, since a laser interaction should be trough em forces....how would be dying with your weak force getting fucked up?

>neutrino beam capable of killing people

Everything within a several million miles would turn to plasma from the power source

Assume then a very collimated ray, shot at ten thousand lightyears from the target ten thousand years ago.

>planet sitting around happily living life
>collimated beam of neutrinos from another solar system lances through your galaxy and eliminates everything on the planet