The best language to learn?

So I've been looking into learning a new language to learn other than my already fluent English and conversationally functional German.
I recently stumbled across a "How to learn Japanese in 6 months" guide and realised that all of its teachings can be applied to any language, which means I can learn basically a single language of my choice in one years time. The deal is, I don't know what to learn; all I know is that I want to learn something that wouldn't be a complete waste.

So in my search I'm going to lay out some statistical data and my current situation:
- World's Most Spoken Languages that I'm actually willing to learn: (Numbers as of Census 2016)
> Mandarin Chinese (848 Million)
> Spanish (399 Million)
> English (335 Million) < Already know it.
> Arabic (242 Million)
> Russian (166 Million)
> Japanese (128 Million)

I live in an area where Spanish is spoken almost as much as English, and only about half of the Spanish speaking populace are bilingual. I have large interest in Space and have been taking USAF ROTC, so I can see Russian being something actually decent and applicable for me to learn. Seeing that Chinese is the most spoken language and a large chunk of the business world speaks Chinese, it may also not be a complete waste to learn, since I would like to look into taking over my father's trade business. I can also improve my understanding of German from just knowing enough to get around Germany or such, to being fully fluent.
Point being, those four languages are pretty much the most practical for me to learn, but I'm really open for discussion as to what would be best to learn. I'd love to be able to say, "Yeah, I can learn this, then this, and then this," but quite honestly I feel like my limit is three spoken languages. So what do you guys think I should learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_IOZbJ7PCPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Esperanto

C++

ethics

Yoruba

Love

Ironically, I already know C++ and a good chunk of Java after working on a competitive robotics team in High School. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Self-bump, cuz the thread is getting beat out by shitposting threads and is finding itself pretty fucking low down on the catalog.

Korean is pretty easy an japonese id the most highly functional language
Japonese and Chinese kanjis can be hard to understand but with time and practice you will learn
I'm done with west languages
I speak Portuguese Dutch German English japonese
At a more low level Chinese and Korean

I want to learn Mandarin, but I will likely bail out of learning to read and write. The number of speakers and the curiousity of learning a tonal language wants me do this.

Can you share the 6 month japanese guide?

I support this, can you share your book?

I'd learn jp so I can watch anime without subs

For Science the
English is the best European Language
Japanese is the best non-European Language.
>
Anglos are the best of West.
Japan is the best in Asia.
>
Most of Europe (except Russia) uses English for Scientific Communication & Diplomacy.
>
Demmand for French & German is high for Business in Europe.
Spanish & Brazilian Portuguese for Latin America & Iberia.
>
Japan, Korea, China & Taiwan dominates Hardware manufacture.
Japanese isn't useful only for Animes.
Korean isn't useful only to watch their TV & listen their Music.
Chinese hasn't much enterteinment, but China is the US largest trade partner.
>
Arabic used to be useful to work in MidEast Oil Industry, However the Jobs disappeared after the current Oil Industry Crysis due to the
Low Price of Oil.
>
20% of most Educated & Rich Pajeets speak English.
No need to speak with the poorest 80%.
Learning Hindi is a waste of time, unless you wanna live in India.
>
As India, the same apply to Southeast Asia & Africa. The Educated speak English.
Learning local languages there is a waste of time unless you intend to live there.

It's a video and two books. What books you'll need are in the video. The "six rules" covered can be applied to any language with a hefty amount of adaptation and rescheduling the timing, hence why I said I can learn any one language in a years time rather than six months.
youtu.be/_IOZbJ7PCPk

swahili

C++ sucks. If he's going to learn programming languages he should learn x86 assembly, C, and Prolog.

As for natural languages, Latin in mandatory. Skip Spanish. Go with Russian or Mandarin as the third/fourth language.

>more spanish speakers than english
this world is sad

Then you get to China and realise that most people there do not use Mandarin but are using other things like Hunan and Cantonese.

Arabic is going to be the world language very soon, so you better learn it.

Chinese
>make money, amaze virtually everyone
Spanish
>sound sexy, can travel nice places

Arabs don't even have nukes. Persians do.

I'm gonna lay you out more statistical data so you can make a better decision

what kind of moronic reasoning is this?

latin and then greek. what's more important, being able to talk to hispanic people, or increasing your linguistic skills in the language you're going to be judged on?

>Learn Japanese
>Acquire wife
>???
>profit

hardly anyone knows C++, and it's not even that useful of a skill. you can just use an IDE with code completion. and no, being able to write a C++ program doesn't mean you know C++. one can write a program in any language if you have google and an IDE for it which supports code completion

>I have large interest in Space

the chinese generally produce low quality research

Of course they do