Veeky Forums POLL: Time to see the demographic of people on Veeky Forums

GET IN BOYS. POLL TIME. Time to see what subject Veeky Forums has a majority in. Vote your subject.

strawpoll.me/13904241

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13904864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why did you combine all engineering? obviously that's going to win

this board is full of physics fags. Physics is gonna win.

>this board is full of undergrads
fixed

I never see engineers on Veeky Forums

im biochemistry/biophysics, no idea what to answer. so rigidly defined, your poll

choose bio. ultimately, you're science is concerned with biological matter

Psychology and sociology are also retarded degrees that aren't science.

all the cs wagecucks

>all these cs codemonkeys
You faggots need to leave right now

but it's not really bio at all. It's more measuring thermodynamics of proteins and super stable biological molecules, id argue what i do is more physics than biology. It's pretty clear this was meant more for "what undergrad BS are you receiving upon graduating"
is bioinformatics also biology? because it's really not much bio

so vote physics then lol

never, fuck physics

Get the fuck off my board you CS fucks. Why are there so many of you?

>AI is soooo kewl guis!

no really, teaching an intro level bio class where 90% of my class is CS and Physics, that's really it, AI or video game development. It's just going to be oversaturated in the next 1-10 years

ENGINEERS GET IN HERE
strawpoll.me/13904864

>CS and engineering take up almost half the votes
Veeky Forums ON SUICIDE WATCH

Wow....so Veeky Forums is more or less a /compsci/ or /engineer/.

The total state of Veeky Forums

n-no bully pls

i like operating systems and compilers more than i like chemistry and physics, that's all

That's probably chemistry/computational chemistry.

You forgot chemical dumbass

yet math people are the most vocal, or most threads are about math

which is hilarious because, at least at the graduate level, they are all spergs.

>What degree are you currently doing?
>currently doing?
Well that's rude. What if I'm in a full time job?

Sometimes I asked myself:
How come there are so many stupid math questions asked here despite the majority of the board being math majors like me?

And obviously not counting high school fags. I mean questions that pop up about calculus, DEs, linear algebra and such. There are so many retarded calculus and linear algebra questions all the time and the reason? We are plagued with CSfags and engineers.

Unless you are a pleb, you never stop "doing" your degree.

I don't know about the state of /mg/ now, but a month ago it was completely deplorable

>most threads are about math
Wrong. Most threads are actually about /pol/ (flat earth, god/atheism, climate change, weird jewish conspiracies about physics, race, etc.). But as most of us ignore these threads it does seem like there are more math threads than physics threads or bio threads. And why is that? Because mathematicians are the only group not interested in discussing climate change or evolution. All the science fags get swallowed into those threads and spend 300 posts trying to teach 16 year old alt-right retards science but mathematicians are completely excluded from that so we make our own threads.

im not even trying to be mean, it's just my observations. They wont even look at you in the elevator, or just mumble "hi" really softly when you say good morning to them and shit. Physics is the same way, but there are a few social butterflies in there.
Bio/chem have all the hot chicks, at least where im at, and the most socially adept people. But maybe im biased. and this is all at graduate level, undergrads all seem relatively normal

are there any girls in math?

a few asians (mostly chinese) from what ive seen, and they seem fairly normal, but i cant really understand them and they are fairly shy at speaking english. Math PhD isnt too big here though, mostly physics and engineering, there are a fair number of girls in engineering, 1 out of ~25 in physics.

Not him but in my freshman classes for pure math there were unironically more women that men. Now that I'm taking my upper division classes there is at most 1 girl in my classes.

I have a good memory and all the girls who used to be in math but then switched then moved on to exactly math education, economics, and engineering. I think for some reason women think that university math is like school math.

>top 3 subjects
>not even actual science

Literally this board isnt even mostly science

id guess most arent even in college, let alone graduate studies. Someone getting a BS in Biology to go premed isnt really a "science" major either

>This board is full of edgy high school students
fixed fixed

PhD in chemistry

Woot woot. Feels good being a true scientist.

I figure people would just rather asnwer "Chemistry" in the other poll

chemical engineering and chemistry are completely different fields

This.

Chemists develop the chemicals that travel through pipes. Chemical engineers just develop the pipe system.

>currently doing
>he did graduate yet

I graduated with joint honours phys/chem. I have even less idea what to put.

>tfw falling for the AI meme
i'm actually pretty scared about this. the 200k phd starting salary meme is real right now, but what will it be in like 6 years

>This board is full of middle schoolers
fixed fixed fixed

Mathcunt here and also posting 16 hours late but you calling economics a retard science while also slipping philosophy/sociology/psychology in there without any kind of note or shitting on it was devilish
>mfw I can feel the one economics guy's rage steaming from his single little shitty vote

any decent engineering student wouldn't be here, well kinda any student from any career

you forgot the part where we watch the rad chems flowing through the pipes

>no major/minor option
fucking brainlet

Biochem masterase

>no chem and environmental

Other is winning, you didn't help at all

>studying

>all those compsci faggots
Fuck off, this is a math board now.

whoa lot of math students here

i told you guys

i know
im fucking useless

Undergrad in CS and now doing MS in Math.

Why does CS trigger Veeky Forums so much?

r8 my meme degree

good boy right here

Sincerely overwhelmed by the fact that physics is not a close second. Nearly everyone here gags on physicists dick.

Forgot materials engineering, not that i do it though

i'm a grad student, and i don't know how to answer this poll
it's obv aimed at blundergrads