Is it theoretically possible for us to ever develop scientific or technological means of stopping a Hurricane...

Is it theoretically possible for us to ever develop scientific or technological means of stopping a Hurricane? Say like building giant pillars in the ocean to slow down the winds?

What about setting a nuke off at the eye of a hurricane? Would the blast be as such to disrupt the winds, and basically just obliterate it into just rain clouds?

Other urls found in this thread:

dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/845485.pdf
youtu.be/Qz8cjvKJLuw
youtu.be/EuOlYPSEzSc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

artificial islands created along the most common paths should break them up

We should make a gigantic rock propelled dildo that penetrated the hole of the hurricane to dissipate it's anger. These sort of natural phenomena, are like badly fucked women who are emotionally unstable and wreak havoc until they get a good dosage of the dick.

Just minimize HAARP and have many large planes equipped with those engines and fly against the storm

The only method we have that can reasonably affect the weather is cloud seeding. Any kind of brute force approach will do nothing because there is more energy in a rainstorm than a nuclear bomb.

mangroves, cities that are built to withstand the storm and quickly recover
>artificial islands created along the most common paths should break them up
and further destroy coastal ecosystems and population dynamics between patches, and the life that depends on them

>and further destroy coastal ecosystems and population dynamics between patches, and the life that depends on them
hey im not saying that we SHOULD do that, just that it would work to disperse the storm. don't take it too seriously mr. i assume to be ecologist

Wind turbines make hurricanes weaker.
There's not that much wind energy in the world. Upping the number of wind turbines by two orders of magnitude would substantially weaken global winds.

Nigga who gives a FUCK about coastal ecosystems compared to cities?

anyone with half a brain
i could appeal to many utilitarian arguments, but i wont. As everything as a right to live freely.

Yeah, all you need are some mountains, but then people will start living on the mountains and then you have to protect them to and so on.

There's a chance that giant space "umbrellas" could cause a shadow to move over where temps are starting to cause storm formations and cancel them out.

Question for you science bozos, what would happen to a Hurricane if you set off dozens of Nukes and Hydrogen bombs off in the center?

you capitalize weird words.

how do you mean?

Rights are granted, and we got the power (or if you're a brainlet god has the power and he gave us dominion). Either way people are better than basically all other animals imo.

>Is it theoretically possible for us to ever develop scientific or technological means of stopping a Hurricane?

Yes.

I'm still at a loss as to why a hydrogen bomb has not been tested in the eye of a hurricane yet.

If it weren't for idiot greenpeace hippies we could be already stopping hurricanes.

Nukes now can be built with very little fallout.

Iron fertilization in the oceans.

Sulfur oxide aerosols in the upper atmosphere.

of course

Want to stop a Hurricane? Detonate a large enough explosion and disrupt it.

If you could produce a strong enough shock wave then the hurricane would dissipate.

Wouldn't that be more dangerous than a Hurricane?. Just sayin'

Not if it is over the middle of the ocean where there is no land.

Coastal ecosystems do a lot to slow storms and their damage from reaching inland.

But would that affect the aquatic vertebrates? (Fish and other animals which belong to the sea)

Many animals in the ocean would die and there's another factor the radiation due to the explosion it would be too bad.. if it is nuclear of course..

Also there's another thing, the strong shock wave could produce a Tsunami, am I wrong?

>Is it theoretically possible for us to ever develop scientific or technological means of stopping a Hurricane?

Yes, erecting houses that aren't made out of flimsy wood and not building giant skyscrapers.

A strong enough shock wave would have little impact on a hurricane, mostly because the duration is too short.

According to dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/845485.pdf
>Since it is known that air-impulse effects scale very well, no wave effects of critical civil or military importance are to be expected from air bursts as large as 100 megatons. For this reason, waves from air-bursts will not be considered further in this context.
You are wrong.

And I am assuming you mean an air burst since the topic is disrupting a hurricane.

best thing to do is not build shitty things that a hurricane can flood or blow down. Either that or not build shit in places that flood and get hurricanes regularly.

You seem to Just capitilise Random words. Why?

You'd spread a bunch of nuclear fallout around a really large area. It would be a good way to make a lot of people really sick for no reason.

>rights are granted.
Fine, liberty. Whatever.
>Either way people are better than basically all other animals imo.
Why? I think the only way you can be lesser than anything else is if you put yourself on a moral pedastal above others. This is a general rule. The argument you are making is the exact same form and rest on the same axiom as all the other arguments that rationalize the morality of hegemony. I really hate to use the word ecofacist because it's sounds ultra-silly, but it's clearly a real thing. Your opinion has no moral ground to stand on.

> nuking a hurricane
Fucking hell, are you the same user that has asked this question at least 5 fucking times in the last week? If so, what the fuck didn't you like about the past responses and if not, why the fuck are people so curious about this specifically? Was it talked about on some show or something? Nukes wouldn't work and it would be the dumbest fucking decision that we could make btw

And feed billions of people, but I consider these utilitarian arguments worthless.

>is it possible to make 10^20 J of energy just go away
no

We already have. Aluminum and barium nanoparticles dispersed in the atmosphere, and targeted radiation.

>Build a HAARP.
There is a upcoming sci-fi/disaster movie called:
GEOSTORM
youtu.be/Qz8cjvKJLuw
youtu.be/EuOlYPSEzSc
In future we can control the Weather by a System of Satelites + Geoengineering (basically real life HAARP)
So Government can stop any Hurricane, Storm, Flood, Thunders, Snow, Drought or Hail.
However the sudently the system start to Bug (Perhaps Hacked) & goes out of control.
Starting Massive Hurricane, Storm, Thunders, Floods, Snow, Drought & Hail across the Globe, doing the opposite of what was intended.
GEOSTORM is a action/sci-fi movie about scientists/action heroes trying to fix that HAARP
in theaters at October 20, 2017.