Not oi-ler, stupid fucking cunts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=07HCb0eR9iY
vocaroo.com/i/s069655SRjBj
howtopronounce.com/german/zuckerberg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=07HCb0eR9iY

german "eu" is pronouced "oi"

doesn't matter how his German name is pronounced, his english name is pronounced yooler.

How do you pronounce french names then?
La Place?
Des Cart Es?

I bet you also pronounce Nietzsche Ni-tske

I call him "Öljyäjä". That's Finnish for "Oiler".

No, it's nitz-she.

i pronounce them how they're spelled, la place is the lah-place as in place of birth.

howdy dumburger

>Yoo-ler

I have had like 3 professors who had to introduce some of Euler's theorems and they said something like:

This result is by Yoo... Oiler.

The three words you listed all have Greek roots. The 'eu' prefix means good (or well) or similar. We pronounce them according to a Greek orthography.

Euler is Swiss-German. Hence, the same rule does not apply.

This is what happens when we mix orthographies.

He does not have an English name. He was not an Englishman nor a citizen of one of the other countries where the official language was English.
Germans don't call George W. Bush "Georg Läufer Busch".

they call him
the scheisse that came twice

Holy shit you're a brainlet. If I heard you saying la place I would smash your skull

Der Amerikan Führer

Why are so many professors fucking brainlets? How did they get there? If they actually gave a shit about their subject the would have pronounced it correctly with zero hesitation.

OI! ler, that's how his name should be pronounced. The fact that in english you pronounce letters in a strange manner doesn't mean you can change his name into something else. It would be better for people like you if they changed letters in his name to something that would sound Oi-ler when pronounced.
It's not his "german name", it's just his name and the way he should be called in any language or country.

And this is also why Anglos can't be trusted with their own language.
>shit on phonetic upkeep
>constant addition of non-Anglo and especially non-Germanic terms
Get an Academia you retards.

fucking lol

>Non English speakers don't like having fun with their language
I bet you're a native Spanish speaker.

Spanish: the language that produced a grand total of 2 great pieces of literature.

>Words based in Greek

>French name

Really activates the almonds

>what are different languages with similar writing

Why are the French allowed to gallicize everything but people get up in arms when we anglocize a couple of words?

Because French faggots are irelevant, we only care about glorious nations.

Yooler is the natural pronunciation. You only say Oiler if you remember he was from whothefuckknowsland.

French is probably the most influential language on English.

France and Britain are the longest lasting kingdoms in Europe.

Yeah, it's amazing how they lasted until 2015. Crazy. I can only hope the new Caliphates of Britain and France also last at least that long.

oi oi oi

It doesn't matter if it's a french name, it's written in english, because of this fact we should pronounce it in english, words change phonetically from language to language,words that mean the same thing in two languages will be pronounced differently in those languages.

If i name my kid euler would his name be pronounced yoo-ler or oiler?

it would be yoo-ler, it doesn't matter if a word is french or any other language, if you borrow a word from a different language you only borrow the letters and denotation, not the pronunciation.

Cough laugh rough taught
Memorize using that thing in your skull

There's a big difference between words that all start with eu and words that end in ought or aught you fucking retard.

"how they're spelled" is not a coherent phonetic thing. It isn't in any natural language.

>it's written in english

stop taking the bait

>La Place?
H-how is it supposed to be pronounced?

La as is Lady and place as in placement test

Wut?

lah plass

>taught myself German
>if I use proper pronunciations I sound like a dick to idiots
>if I don't I sound like an idiot to dicks
Can't win

>>French name
really?

>lah PLASS
what the fuck????

Reuters
>Ryoolers
'Murikan edgy-cayshun, oy!

In their defense, they do have to listen to their brainlet students mispronounce it all day every day.

If you were discussing music, would you pronounce 'Bach' as [ˈbɒxː] or Batch?
Is it [beyt-hoh-fuhn] or Bee Thoven?
[Mo-tsart] or Mo's Art?
In short, do you want to sound like you know what your talking about, or do you want to sound like brainlet Bill and Ted?

I have a cirgin voice but here is how to pronounce it : vocaroo.com/i/s069655SRjBj

What is cirgin and are you French? Also, Descartes sounds like dick art.

I wanted to say virgin.
Yes i'm french. Descartes is pronounce "deck art" but it sound really close ro dick i agree.

short As pronounced like u in fuck

Irrelevant. Ours is still a superior phonetic system. I shouldn't have to know the etymology of a word in order to pronounce it. Words should mold to the language, not the other way around.

>Guy-loh-mee day Lo-pie-tell

First 3 are Greek words, the fourth is a German name. Also, that's not a valid way to determine a word's pronunciation. Cough through though, draught caught
>forgetting Chopin

Chopin is easy to pronounce ,retard.

>Choh-pin
>Duh Vints-eye
>Shrow-dinjer

Yes. But there tend to be pretty clear rules, which are mostly followed outside of imported words, which often keep their spelling. English is just catastrophically bad at this due to having adopted words from literally everywhere, and not adapting spelling to the way pronunciation naturally changes over time. Which makes phonetic coherency basically inexistant in english, rather than a baseline in, say, german.

Get the fuck out of here with that disrespect, stupid faggot. We'll pronounce your shit names however we want. Veeky Forums, the internet, the computer, everything was created by us Americans. Stop using them if you can't respect us.

Yeah. I would say "la plus" is a pretty intuitive way of conveying it.

Chop in?

I've heard a lot of people pronounce it like chopping instead of sho-pen

>We
You accomplished jack shit.

Thats funny, because in the netherlands all those words are pronounced oi-something.
Hmmm, was Euler Germanic or Anglo?

I've accomplished a lot, definitely more than you. And this isn't about me, people here are mocking how AMERICANS mispronounce your stupid names, not just I.

>so butthurt he has to respond twice

sad

>lying on a dothraki grassfield symbol rating tabloid

Why are you still on this site? It was made by an American. Why are you still using the internet? It was made by an American. Why are you using a computer? It was invented by an American. Why are you alive? Because an American saved your Grandpa's ass in WW2.

Why are you speaking English? It was created by the British. Why do you live in America? It was colonized by Europeans. Unless if you're native American, in which case you have every right to be there but right to include yourself in America's achievements

>oi-something
You're not dutch
My eu is pronounced [oʏ] not [ju]

I can stop speaking English by learning another language. We kicked your Europoor ass in war and became a free country. You on the other hand can NEVER stop using American inventions. Hell, you can't even stay alive without our help.

YOU and every Europoor wouldn't even be alive right now if it wasn't for us.

BUELLER!

it's too bad we're speaking English.

you can't just zalgo a few characters and call it f̞̓ͬ̄͂͗i͕͙̳̜̩̼͉ͩn̫͒̀ͩͭn̰̭̑̌̐̔̓ì͎̆ͨ͑̇̈́ṣ̳h͍͇̪̭̰̼̜

>implying all world languages and their roots are assumed to have smooth and similar pronunciations of commonly spelled words
>bringing this fact up in a Bosnian-Herzegovinian Clarinet Repair forum

aren't we a special little baby

I pronounce "Zuckerberg" "Suckerberg", although his name is a german word: Zucker = sugar, Berg=mountain. In german it would be "Tsukkerberg".

vocaroo it idiot

People used to but these days you have this meme of doing things the "right" way

People used to Latinize names, like Copernicus(Kopernik) and Confucius(Kǒng Fūzǐ) and Columbus(Colombo)

howtopronounce.com/german/zuckerberg/

Then what about Van Gogh? Why don't we use the dutch pronunciation?

Fucking retards. It's "lah plawss"

Just included the first ones that came to mind, but yeah, that's a good example.

>What about Van Gogh? Why no Dutch pronunciation?
Because Americans suck at pronunciation, and because linguistic change is enforced by popular vote.
If you can convince enough brainlets to mispronounce Euler, then eventually the academics will have no choice but to go along with the Anglicized version.

>linguistic change is enforced by popular vote
If that were true (which it is not) then we
would all sound like we were from India.

>We kicked your Europoor ass
...says the Internet Warrior.

>I can stop speaking English by
...shutting the fuck up.

Learn your own language rules,names keep the original pronunciation.
Also, you didn't do anything, american inventions made in china amirite?

It's called a dialect, brainlet. In India, everyone DOES sound like they're from India.