Where were you when the oil age ended?

Where were you when the oil age ended?

I would rather keep emitting CO2 into the atmosphere until someone comes up with an electric car that isn't a botnet

It's not even about CO2 nigger, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Emirates are all threatening to collapse and they will only go with a big boom.

Parallel to that you have China surpassing USA, who might also become bitter about its decline.

WW3 literally when?

We could be buying from Venezuela but they playin

interesting when they only have 90b in equity

What will we replace plastic with?

I want to see the western ocean painted black and gold.

we replace it with antiplastic

>$84 billion investment
Over how many years? This is almost certainly due to the negative press they've been getting over the emissions scandal.

with recycled plastic

IOT and AI will bring about skynet why are you so worried about it in your car.

You don't need oil to make plastic.

Just yank that shit out. Takes all of 10 mins.

Non oil based plastics are far more expensive though.

Good thing I'm not poor then.

They are probably going to increase the cost of having a car without botnet.

Nobody wants to drive a fucking electric car until there is a huge leap in battery and charging tech...

I wouldn't be surprised if this is for government subsidies, tax related reasons, or a PR campaign after their emissions shit

Electric cars are a bad idea, we should be developing algae-based biofuel instead.

i want my nuclear powered car in 2020!!!!!

Oil's the least of their concern; coal, on the other hand.....

finally! so long trumptards and saudi oil niggers

delete this
t. russian

What would Russia do?

collapse

Just compile the car yourself.

Easy. Live near a nuclear powerplant and buy an electric car. Use electricity from the plant to charge your car. There you have it a nuclear powered car.

Algae is meme. Even if you make it carbon neutral it still causes air pollution. Second it doesn't scale.

>head-on collision
>city is destroyed

>84 billion
>end of anything

Get a load of this guy. The quantitative easing programs of ECB, BoJ and BoE combined is 200 billion dollarydoos per month. 84 Billion doesnt mean shit when it comes to big (((money))).

Glass.

>still causes air pollution
It would only be able to release any C02 it had already sucked up. It's not like fossil fuel oil releasing C02 that had been long sealed away that our current climate isn't built to handle.

You're probably right about scalability though.

>tfw we will never have electric streetcars in every city again

Press F to pay respects
F

I'm gonna be pressing LOL on this one

I hate sand.

>tfw even fucking China, 2nd worlds largest consumer of oil has decided to setup a timetable to convert 100% to electric cars
>yfw the age of luxery like neetbux, affordable healthcare, free college education finally came to an end since theres no way we can afford going fully to recycable energy

Algal oil is actually the answer. Easy transition and damage done to the environment is cleaned up by future algae blooms.

>literally betting the future of your world with an imaginary currency like algal oil that might or might not be paid back

Biodegradable polymers

>imaginary
Algal oil is real, user.

Bioplastics?

Too bad it doesnt scale.

Who the fuck is investing tens of billions of dollars in algal oil?

>oil age

IT'S YOOL-AGE

Kek

sunvault energy and edison power are about to take over this entire market, watch in a few months when they announce deals with every major car manufacturer

these

Is it possible to put custom firmware on a Tesla? Serious question. I wouldn't support Musk but I'm legitimately curious.

Money is nonexistent either way. Just print it out of thin air.

Do you have to own a tinfoil hat to hate electric?

I am not knowledgeable enough to describe the entire picture without doubts, but electric cars are most likely not the solution to our problems.

If individuals want to cease pollution by humans and the consumption of easily obtainable resources, we need to work to recycle more and lower the volume of trash that we dispose of. Instead of driving a car to a close friends house only a few miles away, take a bicycle or a motorcycle if speed and storage is of importance. Taking a bus is also great for cutting pollution if your destination is not 20 stops away.

>Use paper or tough plastic bags if you buy groceries at a store, bring the bags with you to cut the consumption of HDPE plastic bags that typically end up on a fence (City worker here)
>Dig a hole in your backyard to dispose of food scraps if they are vegetables or fruits (Throwing away processed foods with 50+ ingredients typically is not a good idea...) as this enriches the soil and helps the surrounding organisms.
>Turn off lights and electronic devices not in use, and be mindful about water consumption, don't leave sinks running or ceiling fans running.
>Stop being part of the consumerist society and purchasing products that you do not need. No, you don't need your 6th pair of shoes or a new case for your phone.

This is obviously all simple changes that one can implement within their lives, but they can make a great difference.

...even further.

Fuck off. Do you know how long it would take for these changes to have any effect? At least long enough to anyone who is still living die and get replaced by people who are taught these things at an early age. If climate change is real, then we don't have that long and any change needs to happen now, and the only thing that can do that is industry. Being green needs to be profitable.

Good thing being green is going to become a lot easier, and cleaner very soon
We need fucktons of lithium to get our shit going, hopefully they are abundant in asteroids, if they are not, platinum group metals will be more than helpful on their own

>Nobody wants to drive a fucking electric car

>until there is a huge leap in battery and charging tech...
Read the whole statement
while you are correct in that this has changed, it is specifically and solely because of the leap in battery tech that happened only a couple of years ago

to ignore the other half a sentence is just as retarded as you think he is

Most effective form of positive punishment.
No one will ever speed.

I don't care much about gas vs electricity, my biggest concern is the software, and the increased complexity and restrictive nature of electric cars.
I want the freedom to fuck my car up and fix it myself, instead of having it remotely shut down and being obligated to tow it to an iMechanic to install secret code into the proprietary software inside my car that I am not able to see

>nuclear bombs are contact explosives
WRONG
>nuclear reactors are nuclear bombs
WRONG

>mfw we start using plastics only when necessary
>mfw less trash because manufacturers use little to no packaging
>mfw commodities become more expensive
>mfw consumerism is replaced by austerism
>mfw people own less but take care of what they own
>mfw /comfy/

the radioactive waste, tho

there is more to air pollution than CO2. There area allso particulates and NOx which are particularly nasty for human health.

>>C02 it had already sucked up
the atmosphere is an insufficient CO2 source for growing algae at scale

>posted from my Samsung Galaxy S10

I don't think VW is allowed to print its own money

>Parallel to that you have China surpassing USA, who might also become bitter about its decline.
Have you been sleeping the last few years? That already happened

I guess they won't invest it at once

ultraplastic

*worry*

Who is?

Fuck that, I want an explosion powered car.

The central bank which controls the currency

Actually they probably would be, but they wouldn't be allowed to print money that is not their own

>the central bank
Who owns the central bank?

>The 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, which were established by the Congress as the operating arms of the nation’s central banking system, are organized similarly to private corporations–possibly leading to some confusion about “ownership.” For example, the Reserve Banks issue shares of stock to member banks. However, owning Reserve Bank stock is quite different from owning stock in a private company. The Reserve Banks are not operated for profit, and ownership of a certain amount of stock is, by law, a condition of membership in the System. The stock may not be sold, traded, or pledged as security for a loan; dividends are, by law, 6 percent per year.

Oh shit
Will oiler lose his job?

>Google Chrome

>Apple device

>being green
>profitable
>thinks every single human making a change doesnt have an appreciable impact
Nani the fuck? What do you think "being green" entails, so you drive an electric car and think oh boy oh boy no emissions then you get home and plug it in and realize you still need to generate the energy somewhere and get it to you. All you have done is move your environmental footprint, and im not even going to get into the politics of this because its next level retarded.

Retooling our entire infrastructure will never be profitable in anything but the very long term otherwise we would have done it by now and not waited until the last possible fucking minute you dolt. Muh technology and muh free market will not eliminate or even mitigate the environmental crisis we face. Globally, but particularly in NA people need to accept a paradigm shift in how they live and think about their lives in order to affect change so we can survive long enough relatively unscathed to reap the benefit of our technological ingenuity.

GM bamboo.

>This is almost certainly due to the negative press they've been getting over the emissions scandal.
Yeah it is. The entire German automobile industry is catching non-stop flak right now for not innovating enough outside of combustion engines over the last two decades.
At the same time it's understandable that they didn't. Combustion engines still sell like hotcakes, especially large ones in SUVs. Meanwhile switching over to producing exclusively electric would get rid of upwards of 600,000 jobs in Germany which is likely not going to go down nicely with unions and the public as a whole.

They had about a century to actually transition into industry, but instead they just kept building meme hotels.
It's their own fault really.

>implying I've a "smart"phone
>implying I'm not reading this thread on a command line
>implying I'm not proxyfagging

the jews

satoshi nakamoto

I'll let you know. Check back in 30-40 years.

>graduating with a B.Sc. in geology this spring
>if I come back for one more full time semester, I could get a B.Sc. in math too
>might do that

it can be recycled

go home pole

maple