Why does society fetishize dying young?

Why does society fetishize dying young?

1) because dying old fucking sucks ass. im old as hell and can tell you for sure this is so.
2) because dead people never change, we can keep our mental image of them for as long as we live, unperturbed by any new developments in the reality of their being that might disrupt the pleasant layer of imagination through which we filter lived reality to take the sting out of its agonizing unsatisfactoriness, its grinding uncontrolled mechanical banal pain like a cheese grater upon the balls of our Will.

If Sylvia Plath were still alive she would probably shit herself a lot and have trouble remembering her grandkids names. She is happy to be dead.

Because dying old is often a miserable, humiliating, lonely, painful experience.

/thread
Everyone should just kill themselves when they hit 50 desu
My dad is 60 and it hurts to see he has lost all his vitality

Allure
A 27 year old genius is much more romantic than a senile 85 year old

Yeah I had to watch my grandfather die at 90. I never want to get that old and go through something like that.

As a suicidal 20 year old, you're selling me the idea of offing myself pretty damn well.

Its about what you leave behind, what was left unfinished, if a young famous person dies what we think is "hey look at what he did at a young age, imagine if he lived longer", and well i think it happens to everyone, not only the famous, even the drunk asshole when he dies expecially young is remembered for the good things and only called an asshole in hushed tones, you know dont speak ill of the dead and such

>20 year old

You have a long time, decades if you stay relatively healthy, before you have to worry about any of that shit.

Society doesn't teens do

That said, most people who are idolized (by teens) for dying young were not teens when they died

If you were really suicidal you would kill yourself instead of posting about being le suicidal
Get on meds or whatever and stop being a puss

>Everyone who is suicidal kills themselves right away
Is that how it works? Lol

Kys

You're gonna kill me with your edge before I get the chance to.

I like this guy

>Society doesn't teens do
Wrong. When a musician dies, sales of their music skyrocket. People from all ages flock to buy their music. For example, Whitney Houston is adored by people of all ages despite not being able to reach as broad a demographic before she passed away.

Cute!

And Byron, and Shelley....

Mystery keeps people interested. James Dean lived to make 3 films only, and all 3 were a hit. Imagine if he didn't die in that car accident and lived to make 50 more. Would he be as popular today? Would he have lost his popularity? Would he quit making movies at age 30? We'll never know.

Also if you're very attractive, you'll be even more famous. You won't live long enough to see your body age, wrinkle, and crack. Your corpse will be beautiful.

The "immortality of potentiality" angle () isn't getting enough support, IMO. We all know Matthew Arnold wasn't as talented as Shakespeare, but Keats? What could have been...

OP is asking 'why' to those very traits, user...

Yeah its like, don't you wish Johnny Depp had died in 1999?

The man has ruined his own artistic and personal legacy with all the shitty films he's done and all the shit we know about him

>le edgy teen

kys, oh wait...

My spirit is too weak — mortality
Weighs heavily on me like unwilling sleep,
And each imagin'd pinnacle and steep
Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick Eagle looking at the sky.

Dying young is a story. Suicide, a accident, murder, something interesting usually. Young people don't die of old age.

Well, I think it's safe to assume that if Johnny Depp died in the Viper Room on Halloween 1993 instead of River Phoenix, we'd be idolizing him while Phoenix would be virtue signalling about veganism and politics at the Academy Awards.

poetry best succubus

>River Phoenix
fuck I miss him

i usually don't give a fuck a bout edgy 20 year olds but think about your family
>muh i hate your family
don't be a pussy i'm pretty sure you have one little sister/brother or even a cousin or a fucking friend who loves you so don't be a pussy and wait till your 40

better to burn out then to get no dubs

Because people turn their adult life into a boring hell.

I don't get it, personally. After 25 most of the fun is over. So in a brief span of time ( 15 till 25 ) one can have shitloads of fun... After that one is pretty much obliged to stop it. The peer pressure is insane. Unless one is a celebrity, then it can continue up until the 50's and 60.

what a cool doofus

>>>/reddit/

go pretend to care about dead people you never met, never connected with, and only saw false personalities of, you fucking idiot.

Who cares? He was a faggot who should be forgotten anyhow.

This thread reeks of hedonism and materialism.

Lol @ how miserable of a person you are

So does my butt, yet you keep coming back for more.

Youth worship due to counterculture, consumerism, culture of narcissism and so on

Can 27 safely be said to be the point of no return for a lot of people. I suppose if you've reached 27 and things aren't working out for you there's little chance of coming back - it's not impossible, but if you're unhappy with your lot at that stage you'll probably be unhappy for the rest of your days.

Is that why so many people get married and have children at that age these days in the West? It's the last truly *new* experience you can manage, especially if you've travelled, tried drugs, been educated etc.

Obviously, you can tell this is written by someone not 27.

>go pretend to care about dead people you never met

But you do the very same with the books you read. You care about the thoughts/lives of these dead authors that you've also never met.

When you get so edgy that you start to openly contradict yourself perhaps it's time to calm that edge down a bit.

>2) because dead people never change, we can keep our mental image of them for as long as we live, unperturbed by any new developments in the reality of their being that might disrupt the pleasant layer of imagination through which we filter lived reality to take the sting out of its agonizing unsatisfactoriness, its grinding uncontrolled mechanical banal pain like a cheese grater upon the balls of our Will.

Fuck this is good.

This is dumb. My mom was in an unhappy marriage and depressed at 27, she's in her fifties now running a successful business and happier than ever. Fuck off with that defeatist attitude, 27 is still so young

>So in a brief span of time ( 15 till 25 ) one can have shitloads of fun
Oh, I guess I didn't get the memo.

Until you are in his shoes and have children and grandchildren you love more than you could ever imagine youself loving.

At this point you don't hold on for any other pleasures but spending time with the people you love most and watch your offsprings grow up to become their own person.

because

>ywn die young without kyssing and ruining your family

wtf
if Whitney Houston die?

>filename
solid gold keks

>autism

Who hurt you?

Ayyy finally someone got it.

better be famous and have a legacy to leave behind before you do. Otherwise you're just another body on a rope with shat pants.

>Implying even fat Brando wasn't a god

I could.be wrong but I think it has a lot of influence from. Homer and the Illiad. Better to die young and gain honor than die old and have a boring life.

Obviously Homer wasn't the only one with such a notion but the influence of the Greeks on western culture have at least something to do with the fetishism for dying young which has been adapted to fit each generation

because we're still in Romanticism

Zyzz is basically the god that died at his peak. He was an aesthetic sick cunt whose body face and mind were all in peak condition when he died

he will forever live on as that man

His willy was small from steroids