Is love stronger than death?

Is love stronger than death?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1IKzbJL4R1g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_an_expanding_universe
theliveinkitchen.com/2012/01/17/trinity-meatloaf/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're the same. Love's precisely what keeps Death alive, as it were; and Death what makes Love so vitally interesting, for awhile... So you see? Love really does conquer All!

No. Entropy conquers even the universe.

Are you suggesting that the sci-bot terminology conquers the lit, which is to say, the human? Personally, I think the neo-atheism obsession with G was a dodge not to have to consider the non-entity that moves Science itself: Mammon. That we can gather no evidence of Mammon's actual existence doesn't negate the fact that the Mamster bitch-lords it ueber das Sci-Sci forever and aye! So there!

lol how the fuck could love be stronger than death

Uh, no.

Nothing is stronger than death, your very existence hinges upon it. You can live without love, but you can't live without death - because you are here after all so it can kill you.

Because witout love, death dies. Death NEEDS Love like a heroin addict needs, well, heroin..

But youre the product of love, and Death, well, he's licking his chops..

Not love, death needs time.

How naive to think that love is needed in order to conceive a child.

Man, I believe in love too, but you're just being stupid. Maybe you're playing devil's advocate, but you're doing it very poorly.
Reproduction isn't love.

How brain-dead to have such a narrow understanding of what constitutes love

That was a comment founded from your presentation. Your depiction of the relationship between love and death leads to no other response.
That user isn't saying that's all that constitutes love.

No it doesn't.

Youre right, in a way. But if it's not then it's far more incomprehensible than Death, which, by comparison, is pretty straightforward- and that's power. Love is Athens to Death's Sparta. --wd like to stay for this one but have to go to work.

I wasn't the user you're responding to.

My suggestion that your view of love is narrow is based on the fact that you seem to believe that not all creative acts are based in love.

>all creative acts are based in love
false premise.

It is, for them: youtube.com/watch?v=1IKzbJL4R1g

That's quite an assertion user, care to back it up?

It's not even a premise you fucking mong

It's difficult to identify such stupidity. Do you have a name for it?

Did your mother even care enough to give you a name?

You back up your stupid generalization first, dumb fuck.

I thought so until a few days ago. I was stupid and arrogant. To think that after my death the Universe was so unimportant existence was simply going to stop. But it's not. It's only through the eyes of God that we understand His Creation and His Love.

>retards on Veeky Forums literally asking to be spoonfed the last 5000 years of Monotheistic (including Zoroastrian) theology
why bother

No one really fell for your bait, lass.

>To think that after my death the Universe was so unimportant existence was simply going to stop
Entropy will literally eat away the Universe itself.

>eat

Not bait but I guess that materialistic and hedonistic drivel is the only thing you accept.

>lool, you die and everything else dies with you, your the god of your own universe and with time we will even conquer death, except for that damn entropy :(

There he is.

You are so detached mate. The only thing I said is that you're a fucking idiot for saying everything created is created out of love.

We won't conquer death. Ever.

There will come a day in the distant future that carbon based life will be an impossibility because there will literally unmetaphorically be no carbon left in the entire universe to become it. So is the same with all other things that 'matter.'

/thread

It's so comforting to you, right? To substitute his Love and His Creation with not-creation and eternal Death. You were successfully tempted by Satan.

I will leave you with this, it is the last response you will get from me.

>Effectively, all baryonic matter will have been changed into photons and leptons. Some models predict the formation of stable positronium atoms with a greater diameter than the observable universe's current diameter in 1085 years, and that these will in turn decay to gamma radiation in 10141 years.[4][5]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_an_expanding_universe

Why don't you tip the chair you should be standing on with a noose securely fit around your neck you fucking idiot?

Love is stronger than pride.

kil urself fedoralord

>Haha, who needs that trenchcoat fedora science shit
>Here have this bible

Science hurts retard's brains?

You seriously think I don't know about entropy? You're so consumed by your own arrogance you don't understand that knowing God and His Love doesn't mean I don't get to read about science.

I'm studying biology. I already know about the Heat Death of the Universe concept. Nothing but one of the way Satan tempts current society.

I have a degree in chemical engineering and your autistic wikipedia science is giving me cancer
kill urself underage fedoralord

Sure you have. Post a screenshot of the degree then. I'll wait, dumbshit.

>let me keep talking about science as the ultimate answer in a philosophy thread

>my philosophy trumps the natural laws of the universe if I believe in it hard enough

You can't make that judgement. The point is take up your cross and follow. What that means is suffer (allow) evil while at the same concerning yourself EXCLUSIVELY with your own behaviour -- and the discovery that the better you actually become, the more you will suffer. >'The last temptation is the greatest treason\to do the right thing for the wrong reason'
That's Eliot, whom I loathe, but he's dead on here-- because pride only really comes with your own self-betterment! The religion, you'll note, is impossible, but like a horsefly banging its head over and over again on a screen door on a hot summer day, you have to keep at it. Otherwise, his burden is light. Good luck.

It feels amazing, doesn't it? The powertrip you get when you deny God's Creation and make science your only truth. I already said and I will repeat it; you were successfully tempted by Satan. And you've made your own Hell.

Let me put it this way:

If there's a God who created me then why would he not want me to accept death as a condition of life or that all matter in the Universe will one day return back to its source. Why would he, without telling us, expect us to defy his will in some scheme to "live forever." He's fucking God.

If he really truly thought you were so fucking interesting that he watched you jerk off making check marks on his naughty-nice list then why would he resolve to kill you in the first place?

>you've made your own Hell
>not understanding 'the happiness of the bad man'
>thinking that God gives you happiness in this world
>being this immature
>being this ignorant about his own religion

Christians are retards 99% of the time.

Will this introductory textbook on thermodynamics suffice?

I even opened it to the entropy section just for you.

>no degree verification
into the trash
i have more than 3 shelve meters on thermodynamics and I don't even study it

exactly.
buddhism is so superior to christianity that its not even funny. christian psychology is so childish, so egocentric...
they believe they will survive death, and they're not kidding... they will survive it, and they will remember everything they've been in their life, and they will be happy forever.
it makes me want to vomit.
but hey, some idiots are able to feel good thinking like that. I guess the harsh truth is too much for them.

Nice assumptions you make about the theology of every Christian on existence. Keep assuming; first you assume I know nothing about science, then you assume every Catholic/Christian has the same theology.

thats alot of shelf meters

The only reason why love is valuable is because it does not last forever. It will inevitably be taken away from you by death.

It does not last forever, perhaps that is why we are so desperate to pursue love?
They are just as strong as each other

Nice Satan trips and nice temptation. But it won't work. I'm not the one to say which ways should God work into; but you must be shortsighted to deny that the idea of Heat Death is only used as a tool to deny the Creation of God.

I love death.

I'm not sure I understand your logic. Death in itself is the tool used by the church to put you in line, that when you die you are rewarded with an invitation to God's interstellar pool party.

In your own theological worldview death is entirely necessary. It could even be described as the goal. Our homes, lives, family, all the things we leave on this earth are ultimately not as rewarding as gaining residence to God's bitching bachelor pad in the sky.

Ok, ok. I dont know shit.

So, these /x/ guys are really into supernatural stuff. Some of them believe in demons, summoning and possession. Do you?
What is your take on angels and demons? They're an important part of Christian metaphysics, no? And if they exist, what are they? Any source is appreciated, Im genuinely curious about this stuff.

>i know about physics on a high school level and this qualifies me to reject metaphysical arguments about love

wow, I really respect your opinion user

You know, it's funny that you insult my intelligence while making insipid fantasies about love as if "loving" is somehow going to stop a bear from ripping your head off until you're dead.

If my "high school physics" understanding were so simple then you should have reached that point to understand it even before asking dumbass questions like that in OP.

How old are you? Why is every post by you so astonishingly childish?

>make every post ad hominem attacks
>follow with "why are your opinions so childish lol xd fase"

You are clearly a teenager.
Also I am not whoever you think I am.

Perhaps Death IS Pride-- at least what they have in common is that attempt to gather all unto themselves. That the former never fails makes it the model, or ideal, in the sense THE ideal-- great song, by the way--

If you were even half as intelligent as you think you are then you wouldn't quantify your arguments with baseless attacks on people's character that reek of projection.

Charming.

That's exactly the face I imagined you'd make in response.

>I used to be just as ignorant as the person arguing in favor of entropy
>I probably would have taken his side last year
It hurts.

It's so weird because I would have done so last year too. December 2016 I would have agreed with him. It's so terrifying how much can arrogance have an influence on the kind of Philosophy or non-philosophy we build. The other user thinks that there's nothing and uses science as proof of it in a philosophy thread. Entropy is his religion.

You don't get it. This life is so important that your existence is built on it.
>it's used by the Church to put you in line
So you think that the 10 Commandments are not reasonable morality guidelines? That we should be free to kill, to spread diseases, to rob and to hurt? Death is necessary, yeah, but only as a rite of passage.

By Satan I don't mean that there's a devil on your side at every time. Satan has many tools to tempt us and his power is big, so big he has entranced so many people like you with the promise of becoming almost gods.

Either you believe in demons, or you don't. Have you read my friend Thomas? In his Summa he talks quite a bit about demons. Do you agree? Or are you willing to deny such a crucial part of the metaphysics of your religion?

Also, Satan hasn't tempted anyone. Reason and logic are not temptations. Quite the opposite: the idea of God has tempted you. It is convenient to believe, therefore you do so.
Do you like Kierkegaard?

>either you believe in demons or you don't
I believe in demons but not the general western imagery.

>reason and logic are not temptation
You're decrying 5000 years of monotheistic theology because you assume science is the only answer. This is as absurd as saying that the theory of gravity is not right because you have evolution. You're mixing gymnastics with magnetism.

What happened to this thread? It had such potential! Love, like God, money, and other 'things' that don't quite exist, is always more powerful. Death, in despite of his vaunted 'many forms,' is a wretched pleb.

Death may strike the Dreamer down,but Love will keep the dream alive.

He found God on his disease, right?

No, but will is.

Interesting. I can even see how it could be argued that it subsumes both love and death (as willful species of 'characerization,' for instance, or rather, 'to begin with') but where go from there? Or, how? Curious..

ITT: Faggots trying to be artistic and profound by claiming love, a mere chemical reaction, is stronger than that which ends everything.

Jesus Christ, I hate you pseuds.

they couldn't bear their pathetic lives without their religous feary tales and overblown sense of self-importance.

The sad thing is that bullshit is welcomed by every millennial hipster out there, so they're the hip kids.

>a chemical reaction
Yes.
>mere
No.

Everything that comes from your brain is, at base, a chemical reaction. By your logic, I can deride every human endeavor by saying it's the result of a "mere" chemical reaction. It's a completely trivial observation (somebody tell the determinists, amirite?)

But I agree with you, generally, the question "Is love stronger than death?" has a flatly obvious answer. That being, no. Mainly because neither love nor death possess "strength."

Protip: if you want to be something else other than an edgy atheist you need to write "fairy" well.

Define either of those words.

Im not the person who posted the Pratchett quote but but not as far as I know and why would you want him to

"Romatic" love? No.

>implying death destroys life

L M A O

Gotta love how Veeky Forums fucks with a minimal knowledge of Philosophy come here and try to pretend that science is a valid philosophy to answer everything.

Love is the most powerful force in the universe.

Yay!

There are only three primal forces in the world: Love, Death, and Meat. These form an eternal triangle.

All that is, is Meat. All that is Meat, experiences Love. And all that is Meat must eventually die. Love is stronger than both Meat and Death, but - this much is plainly obvious - Love without Meat is no love at all. For there to be Love, there must also be Meat. But since all Meat must eventually be eaten, Death is also an eternal force of the universe.

Is it not so?

So Meat arises from Love, which emanates from the highest. Sometimes this is called Meat-Love, which today is vulgarized as 'meatloaf.' But this is only because the times are fallen and the people have lost the way of these things.

This is a good post

This is a curious shitpost. It had potential, but the ending was disappointing.

I am but a humble messenger of The Truth.

Only because you require further guidance in the Mysteries. The sum of all things is meatloaf, but this is but a reflection of the divine tripartite unity of Love, Death, and Meat.

You have but to prepare a loaf, and the One will come to eat it. To gather Meat and to assemble Meat is to know the Way. Prepare the Meat with Love, and serve. Before long you will begin to feel sleepy, which is alike to Death. And so all things are resolved in this way.

Is it not so?

Meditate on this.

B-but the trinity denies meatloaf..

The god, the ghost, and the incarnation.

The iron triangle

Your mythos of the is is so deeply christ-ian

Open your eyes, my friend, my companion, my brother. And behold! A triune meatloaf.

theliveinkitchen.com/2012/01/17/trinity-meatloaf/

One must never allow the touch of cold iron into the Meat before it is served. There is a story told of this, in the Ancient Texts, of a careless Loaf-tender who allowed an S-hook to fall from the overhead racks into the mixture. And lo, when the One came and the Loaf was served, there was an unpleasant and embarrassing discovery. It is said that the acolyte was made to perform the shameful Dance of Embarrassment by the elders.

And so it is said, that carelessness in Meat-tending is not a part of Love.

This is because all things are emanations of the One. To know the ways and origins of this is beyond human comprehension. Even seekers of the the way of Love, Death, and Meat, such as myself, can only glimpse at its mysteries.

It can be but only for the living