He would compile and compose the annual report on the insurance institute for the several years he worked there...

>He would compile and compose the annual report on the insurance institute for the several years he worked there. The reports were received well by his superiors. Kafka usually got off work at 2 p.m., so that he had time to spend on his literary work, to which he was committed"

How the fuck did Kafka get away with working 5 hours a day?

Is this even possible in 2017 without having to work retail?

Kafka was a pathetic neurotic jew with daddy issues. One of the worst writers of all time and his work should have been burned like he wanted it to be.

If you think his stories have anything even remotely resembling literary merit, then you've been swindled.

Delet this

It's possible, yes. The key is just to get a job where you're not under direct physical supervision and where your superiors are happy not to look too far into how you spend your time as long as you do the work expected.

I work in a business consultancy type role and do an average of maybe 6 hours a day. If I'd been willing to sit in my last role rather than going for promotion, it could easily be 5 hours.

The fact you think I'm trolling is sad.

Max Brod jewed you all. He shilled so hard in convincing the world that Kafka was deep meaningful art, instead of what it really was, the insane ramblings of a deeply disturbed man.

>durr Professor Shekelstein in my lit class told me Kafka is a genius so who am I to question it?
Top kek, stay sheep who are incapable of making your own decisions.

>I only like the taste of tendies therefore anything else is a Jewish conspiracy

He writes well. He has merit. He's not my favourite but he's good.

You're either mad, jelly, or a dumb red-pilled redneck.

Edgy

I thought he was a genius when I was in college but I reread Josephine the singer and I think he might be insane

>He shilled so hard in convincing the world that Kafka was deep meaningful art

His plot is wonderful, his prose is good as well. That doesn´t make it `deep` nor necessarily meaningful.

what did he mean by this?

He's one of several "great" writers who's intellectual reach exceeded his grasp. He wanted to write extremely deeply (and he did in many ways) but he has somewhat incoherent theses
I don't think he himself knew what he was writing about some of the time but it sounded right so he put it down on paper

All your ranting can't change the fact that I enjoyed his works.

This is one of the most retarded posts I've ever read.

You are correct in that assumption.

If you can read the 9 page run on paragraph of A Little Woman and not immediately think to yourself "This man is insane," then I don't know what to tell you.
He clearly had some deep psychological problems and was almost Elliott Rodger tier.

Then again, it would make sense why autists sympathize with fellow autists.

Have you read this post:

Veeky Forums is a failure. Every Author that we talk about receives this kind of arbitrary devastating critique by anonymous numb-nuts. Newcomers to literature read this kind of shit and have no idea what to think end getting demoralized. You are a cunt user.