/Linguistics thread/

/Linguistics thread/

Why is uk rap so fucking trash?

I can't take it seriously at all, there's something about a British accent that makes making threats or acting tough sound really corny.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aDK7073S4Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXfbVHPb9U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_(linguistics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know what you mean youtube.com/watch?v=aDK7073S4Iw but...

>/Linguistics thread/
Isn't there a board for Veeky Forumseral retards like you?

>linguistics
>rap music
I think you're confused

>linguistics is literature
I think you're confused too

>linguistics
>is literature
monolingual brainlet detected

I am actually bilingual, mamanepe maldito.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXfbVHPb9U

195IQ

If you actually were bilingual you would know that "maldito" goes before nouns.

If you actually knew spanish and weren't a fucking pleb you would know that the word "mamanepe" is not a real word, but is actually a common phrase used by the spanish-speaking youtuber Elbananero, who plenty of times finishes his string of insults with maldito, instead of starting with maldito.

Go back to reading your fucking english-spanish dictionary, I am clearly on a level beyond your white understanding, get rek'd.

WTF.
You sharing an anecdote about your opinions of an English dialect is not linguistics. Actual linguist on standby.

>spanish
>not assuming that every word you don't know is an obscure regional insult
and one that contains 'mama' of all things

>Actual linguist on standby.
Okay, what is the linguistic explanation for

IT DAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Being the pronunciation for "It's there"

How did Nas write The World is Yours? I mean how does one get to that level of linguistics? Seriously. I'm not into rapping or anything but I'm genuinely curious about how one can write something like that.

How do I Nas like linguist?

Language variation. Is this supposed to be African American Vernacular English? If so, and you need a specific explanation, there is null marker as a third-person copula, meaning "It is" becomes "It", or "He is a linguist" becomes "He a linguist". Secondly, the voiced dental fricative in General American English (the sound at the beginning of "there") becomes a voiced dental plosive in AAVE. Finally, r-dropping is an extremely common feature of English dialects and AAVE happens to be one that does that as well.

Are you autistic or racist? It is not fucking african american vernacular you racist asshole. The singer there is Shaun Ryder, a britbong.

I made a mistake telling you to go to Veeky Forums, maybe /pol/ is more up your alley.

Not too much of a difference depending on the British dialect

So the english speak like black people?

No. There is a huge dialectical discrepancy in England, so some dialects may have similar features to black English.

This really makes me think. What is the linguistic explanation for niggers developing a dialect very similar to some english regions. Are black people native from england?

I would prefer you not to use racial slurs. And no, I'll try to dumb it down to your level of reading comprehension. Unrelated languages can have like features.

Why did you say nothing when the other guy used the racial slur "britbong" but now you make a big deal about my use of "nigger"?

What is the linguistic explanation of that?

You're not very good at this. I'm only responding to keep bumping this and have a real linguistics thread.

How do I master linguistics to the level of Nas?

Hi samefag. Study metrics (i.e. stress, prosody, etc.) You really can't be a poet without a deep understanding of it.

? Can you suggest books for that? I want to improve my English too since I'm not a native speaker.

Unfortunately I don't have the papers that I used in class anymore. The main thing is to understand stress.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_(linguistics)

From there, you can move on the syllable weight, prosody, and metrics. Just google each and read a couple articles. I'll return if I find something more solid. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Linguistically speaking, why do brits sound like such soft wimpy little bitches?

Thank you. Do you know anything about improving writing like good sentence structuring and whatnot?

Linguistics has nothing to say about your opinion of certain English dialects.

Linguistics won't help you with that. Honestly the prosody stuff is probably not going to help you with poetry either.

>ignores the fact he actually watches spanish youtubers

Please explain the origin of the phrase "it costs a buck two eighty"

any linguist or just general hip hop enthusiasts know the pros n cons or just general diferences of hip hop in stress timed languages vs syllable timed ones?

>the British accent
Brainlet