>"Have you decolonized your thesis yet?"

How the fuck do you respond?
youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14

Other urls found in this thread:

kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/Inter-universal Teichmuller Theory I.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's time to go back

"Oh, yeah, absolutely. Don't even worry about it."

Why did he pussy out? What a beta. He knew he was right, he knew he was getting fed bullshit, and he apologized.

*colonizes your thesis*

>white people still unironically live in south africa

RIP

They're lucky I haven't colonized their hymen yet like the supreme white conquerer I am.

Last I heard these guys were vandalizing their science department, destroying machines, and starting a fire in one of the buildings

>>"Have you decolonized your thesis yet?"

"Is this just another way for you to say that you don't like white people?"

>No, I just don't know what colonization means

Didn't bother watching the whole thing.
But I watched from about 0:50 to 1:00 and it just sounds like "Science contradicts my religion/beliefs, science must be wrong!" identity politics edition
It's not particularly stupid or surprising, it's just the coat of paint is /pol/ bait.

Please rebuild math and science from an AFRICAN viewpoint. It will be hilarious when everything is identical. Sort of like everyone excited to elect the first black president and see what he will do with national and international issues... no change in either (America is as racist as before, immigration is still a problem, war in middle east continues, Guantanamo still open).

>thinking the president has any authority over how the system works
>thinking a politician will fulfill promises to the electorate
>believing skin color has any meaningful effect on what a politician does in office
Wew dad

Probably because he didn't want a red target on his back.

A combination of anti-science stance and the bubble of a college where you can easily live with similiar minded people far away from the real world.

>thinking the president has any authority over how the system works

Not him but are we going to just pretend executive orders don't exist and that every president except Harrison used it to influence national policy?

Just re install meritocracy and problems like these would be a thing of the past

Although they lack eloquence they aren't wrong science as it's taught in schools is to eurocentric in it's views and claims western society invented everything when many of theories have their origins in other civilizations.
The aryan invasion theory is a good example of this.

Right. Even if the prof there didn't punish him for it (possible but unlikely) other students almost certainly would. At least that would be the case if the prof was white. Black people can't be racist because they don't have any power, as we're all aware.

>no one ITT has demonstrated an understanding of what the lady is talking about
Man I thought that this board was for non-brainlets.

She's basically saying that science (in the West) developed slowly in a way that minimized damage to established power structures. When those ideas are exported to areas that are largely under the control of traditional authorities (e.g., rural Kenya), they become absolutes which serve to undermine established power systems and weaken communal trust.

She's saying that if traditional beliefs were questioned internally, rather than being vilified by Westerners, it would create a system of trust that would lift the society as a whole, instead of creating divides between learned and provincial classes.

You can see examples of these kinds of things all over the place in African studies. One that comes to mind is advocacy for AIDS prevention, where Africans pretty much ubiquitously develop superstitions ("condoms cause women to be more promiscuous," "semen deposition is an integral part of black masculinity," "condoms are a form of population control") instead of understanding how condoms can prevent contraction of HIV/AIDS.

I'm not saying that I agree with her entirely or that she's a great communicator, but if your takeaway from the video is:
>atheist WRECKS witch doctor with one sentence, you won't believe what happens next
Then you're absolutely retarded and you need to stop.

>people trying to facilitate a creative playground
>first rule being temporarily suspending your judgement, so you can look at things from different perspectives (even for sake a thought experiment)
>making people participate is hard as fuck, so all the negativity must be squashed
>some guy spergs out because he has no clue how the process works
>hurr durr nignogs, pc sjw

jesus.

For real Veeky Forums, I was there in person during this discussion. It was farcical.

>condoms are a form of population control
>condoms cause women to be more promiscuous
>superstition
?

> America is as racist as before
Did you really expect the alt right to start attending Black Lives Matter with his election? Whites will always blame blacks for their failures. It's part of what makes them whites.

> Immigration is still a problem
Clue: immigration will ALWAYS be an issue. People will move if they see a better life within reach.

> War in the middle east continues
War has been raging there for 5000 years. No one is going to solve it in 8.

> Guantanamo
Congress moved to keep it open. I agree, it's a senseless waste of money. We have bases in Puerto Rico and Florida. But Trump isn't keen on closing it, either.

Trump's issues weren't Obamas. Obama was more involved with an unraveling economy and health care. We'll see how Trump does with the spiralling deficit.

>Decolonized this
kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/Inter-universal Teichmuller Theory I.pdf

>that's what makes them whites

Bet

Fantastic thread about science and math which is definitely not a thread about politics!

I don't think anyone takes them seriously except /pol/.

>pretending this isn't an issue
i bet you think the "google memo" wasn't an issue either

>>pretending this isn't an issue
It isn't. If you don't want it, then don't take the "decolonization" lecture as elective, it's as simple as that

if people who believe these things can get authority over a classroom, they'll aim to get authority in other locations as well.
they are a toxic asset anywhere they wish to go.
besides that, the university that offers a class like that is willingly and knowingly charging students money for something that cannot and will not produce any value in any conceivable way.

>besides that, the university that offers a class like that is willingly and knowingly charging students money for something that cannot and will not produce any value in any conceivable way.
>charging money for something that cannot and will not produce any value in any conceivable way
Yes, and companies are selling tobacco, alcohol and video games

feels good to be a burger

"Yes, I don't, is that a problem, you racis scum?"

>tfw he'll never colon-ize yours