Have you read self help books? Which ones are good? I'm a shy male. I want to become powerful alpha male!

Have you read self help books? Which ones are good? I'm a shy male. I want to become powerful alpha male!

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ad.. Hi... i mean... Napoleon was a role model!

Tried books by Carnegie and they're a waste of time. In my opinion, the only people who could find them helpful are complete autistic hermits, who haven't interacted in society at all. Most of it is absolutely basic advice known by everyone over the age of 16.

good... very good thanks

Anthony Robbins - Awaken the Giant Within
David Deida - The Way of the Superior Man
Nathaniel Branden - The Psychology of Self-Esteem

1: Cocaine
2: Alcohol
3: Profit

Honestly, if you can be beta on cocaine, you're a lost cause.

You sound like you need a hug really bad

Literally every single person on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums sound like they need a hug really badly m8.

Try drugs.

Alternatively read every Greek thing ever written

Definitely The Gorilla Mindset by Sir Michael Cernovich

Don't try to be an ''alpha male". You'll just end up looking like a tryhard.

Instead. be a good person, but not a weak person. Go to the gym, and be forward with women.

Not really, I just didn't find Carnegie's books helpful or insightful at all.

Just read Pip Pip and have done--

>be forward with women.

rapist

Read How to Win Friends and influence people
Read the Wealthy Barber
Profit

be backward with women?

Don't OP. If you have any addictive tendencies like me, it's almost impossible to stop. Back to the topic at hand, self help books are almost all cash grabs written by jackasses who write like elementary school kids. Just do therapy. It's actually working for me

jack donovan "the way of men" is up this alley

its not exactly a self help book but its good mental hygeine, good pro-masculine conditioning,

don't read anything about "self-esteem" - selfesteem is a fake concept, its a rebranding of big-5 trait Neuroticism by shysters.
this guy is right about the self-help genre. Self help books can have good pieces of advice, but when its delivered without any texture it won't stick

Be like Mike was surprisingly good.
Jordan had an amazing work ethic, focus and discipline, highly recommend it

Self-help books are recreational. Just another distraction from tending to what you already know needs to be attended to. The difficulty before you cannot be diminished. There is no secret or magic to make the burden less. Every day you wait it grows.

Muster what conviction you may. Count that which you love. Go forth and conquer user.

All memes aside, this was night insight. Most of the book is a biography of sorts, and that part was written by his co-author, but he was extensively interviewed, there are many cute stories in it. The actual self help parts are by the Donald himself.

>entirely ghost skewed and essentially false stories about a man whom there is nothing good to say

You must feel like a big man with hot takes parroting falsities you read on buzzfeed.

>denying that which is everywhere known as truth
>the writer of the book literally comes out and confirms the aforementioned via countless sources
>newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all
You're retarded user, I'm so sorry. You literally bought into 'nothing anecdotes' meant to appeal to the irredeemably stupid, prey on their total lack of mental acuity and consumerist whorishness and mistook this pablum for having value. I really...really am sorry.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY /x/!

No but I've been asked if I've read How to Win Friends & Influence people before, because apparently I do the things that book tells you to do instinctively.

>absolutely no evidence to support his claims other than the fact that his name is on the cover with Donald trump's
>an article from the New Yorker, who also said that trump had less than 2% chance of winning

Garbage. Stop acting snobby too, it's really unbecoming and makes people hate libtards even more. You don't look smart, you just look like an asshole with a superiority complex for having edgy views.

Remember, 8 years, bitch.

>guy literally wrote the book
>not a trustworthy source
>conflating the entirety of the new yorker as unreliable due to flawed polling practices that every single news outlet believed
are trumplets really this desperate? jesus

>mfw checking the wiki
>In 1988, Trump set up the Donald J. Trump Foundation to give away royalties from the book's sales, promising four or five million dollars "To the homeless, to Vietnam veterans, for AIDS, multiple sclerosis" in Trump's words.[24][26] According to a Washington Post investigation those donations largely did not happen: the paper said "he gave less to those causes than he did to his older daughter's ballet school."[26] The Washington Post asked Trump's campaign if Trump had donated the $55,000 Trump earned in the first six months of 2016 to charity, as he promised in the 1980s, and it did not respond.[25]
top kek

your orange clown is a real man of the people

Nietzsche.

Once again, literally 0 evidence that tony (((Schwartz))) wrote the book by himself without trumps help beyond him claiming to do so.

Also
>Washington post
Fake news. they've been against trump since the beginning, heavily biased "journalists" who, once again, slandered trump non-stop throughout 2016. If your news source ever bought into the bullshit polls that showed trump losing, you're not a credible news source.

I will actually second this as a valid self help book on masculinity/winning.

You even learn how to trigger omega-males like Jim Rohn is probably the best guy if you need motivation, I wouldn't suggest any other self help writer/books.

If you need a meaning for life and stuff start reading philosophy(SWTG) and make sure to spend alot of time contemplating your reason to live.

t. Hermit

>get no response
>samefag
lol

What sort of fag would seriously read that shite?

>punching someone and then running away like a little bitch

>f*g

That's pretty intolerant. Don't post that shit again.

self help book are utter trash.

take the much lauded "how to win friends and influence people" it can LITERALLY be summed up as "be nice". that's fucking it.

Why are self help books even a thing? Philosophy has been developed for thousands of years if only for the purpose of establishing the belief to "be a man and handle your shit."

Maybe its because reading and understanding philosophy isn't enough? That people actually have to learn how to apply it?

I'm not a tolerant person. I'm pretty hardcore, you trump-nigger.

>tfw
i think something went into my eyes.

Because too many of the major philosophers are awful at understanding what motivate people to adopt their views. I also suspect they (un)consciously wish to alienate themselves from the masses in the first place.

Self-help is kind of the opposite of all that.

I tried reading 50 Rules of Power, didn't finish it because most of the rules are literally psychopathic traits which can't be applied to any social interaction for a long enough period for them to work, since it should be blatantly obvious to any intelligent person that you're playing them. Also the book is really not meaty at all, the author just states the rule then recounts a couple of historical anecdotes to back them up (the rules would probably work if you lived in a medieval court). There's maybe 10 rules which are useful mottos but they're pretty evident and obvious even without reading the book.
This is a great advice. Everyone on Veeky Forums should learn to be genuinely interested in other people and their surroundings, just be alert and involved and voila, you're a sexually desirable and socially influential male. If you build your dream self using shortcuts, life-hacks and what not, you'll probably end up feeling very miserable.

How do I learn to be interested in other people though? I work in an office and don't really talk to anybody, and I'd like to change that.

It's a skill like any other and it takes practice to develop it. First of all, try to suppress your superiority instinct that I know I had, acknowledge that you're communicating to another person that's a human like you, that probably has similar desires and fears as you. Ask them to tell you about themselves, what interests them and why. Try to get engaged in things, maybe join a sports club or something like that, don't refuse invitations to social gatherings. Pretty much act like a normie and eventually you'll develop normie instincts (not neccessarily normie thinking). I know it sounds a lot like "just b yourself" but that's basically it, just get more involved with other people and you'll develop your social skills. And don't be an egomaniacal solipsist

Thanks buddy

The best part of the book is when he talks about angels for 50 pages. I think about it every day.