>current uni debt

>UC Berkeley
>microbiology
>3.7 GPA
>UCLA
>PharmD
>class of 2020
>3.0

Amassed $48,000 in loans, projected to be around $100k in total loans when finished.

>mfw americans pay such ridiculous tuition prices
>~5k/year in canada

>Monash University (Australia)
>Physics and Mathematics
>3.833 GPA
>2nd year
>Probably like $20 000 AUD but I would be willing to pay more.

Micro master race.
Did premeds shit up your micro courses too?

>University of Amsterdam, bachelors, master's, PhD
>Neuroscience
>graduated with highest distinction
>now a post-doc, salary is 2650 euro's a month after tax
>no debt at all, I worked as an RA while studying and that was enough to live off and tuition isn't much here

>PhD
>in residency
>will be in my father's practice
>father paid, so no debt/no clue what this all cost.

>ETH Zurich
>CompScience (BSc)
>just started
>no debt ever because my family is not fucking poor

>uni
HUJI
>major
physics and Compsci
>GPA
Percentage is 90 atm without considering a wasted year
>if graduated, where you are currently and salary
NopeNopeNope
>current uni debt
Parents are helping me through uni because it's only 2.5k a year

>Concordia Canada
>3.5 GPA
>Physics 2nd year
>No debt is pretty cheap considering

I got 2 B's, a c and d first semester and straight A's second semester. Do your homework kids!

Premeds are so fucking annoying.
Always finding a way to squeeze it into conversation....
"Hey how's your day going?"
"Busy, I'm pre med so I study a ton"

I'm glad a large chunk of the annoying ones are weeded out after the first exams in calc/chem/ochem

>first semester placed on academic probation
>A, D, C, D, D
>subsequent 7 semesters, all A's too
>retook the 4 courses during summer

I made grandmaster in Starcraft 2 during my failed freshman semester though

>duke
>cs, considering killing myself
>3.55
>0

i've realized i can't into math. i want to redo life.

>Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
>Chemistry
>3.7 ish
>2nd year
>no debt

>University of Michigan
>p u r e
>3.6
>Work for a three letter agency as an analyst, $50kish
>class of 2015
Mommy and daddy paid for my degree. Debt free.

>tfw your biomed/biotech undergrad courses are pretty much full of premed shitters now

Why is "premed" is so fucking popular? Most of these kids don't even know what the fuck they're studying. If anything, they'd be better off in a health sciences major or some shit. They don't fucking care about biochemistry lmfao

>Harvard
>Mathematics
>1st semester
>-1000

>Florida Int'l University
>math + comp sci double major
>3.69 (comp sci classes at my school were terrible software engineering shit smdh)
graduated then
>UChicago
>comp sci PhD focused on machine learning
didn't like it so i left and now i'm at
>Florida State University
>financial math PhD

$0.00 gross debt; probably made a net profit of ~$10,000 throughout undergrad from just scholarships
don't let anyone convince you state schools are bad

picture for visual interests' sake

>GM in starcraft 2
worth it, lad. you know your priorities

>University of Central Florida
>biomed major
>3.7
>graduated, working on my MS biotech degree (might go for the PhD afterwards honestly)
>no debt b o y s s s

>Rider
>Business Administration/Marketing
>3.5 graduating
>NEET pushing off employment
>0
Also how is this Veeky Forums

Degrees don't mean shit when every idiot is able to get one.

If you wanna do med but failed 1st time, biomed is the only path there tho

Rank 98 at my peak comrade, APM >250
>defeated MCanning continuously
>defeated scarlet x 2
>defeated Byun x 1
>defeated ForGG x 3

Only GM on NA though
Master on Kor and EU

Would probably only make diamond now, haven't played for 2-3 years

you should have tried to go pro
i believe in u, user

This is exactly what my dad told me when I played HS football, and I was aware enough to know that I sucked so bad that colleges wouldn't even look at my candidacy

>son, you can be whatever you want, you can be an astronaut, a musician, even president. I believe in you
>>stfu dad

yea ok but your dad isn't some random autistic mathematician on the internet and HS football isn't starcraft 2
stop making false equivalences and do what i say, userくん

>Georgia Tech
>Mechanical engineering
>2.69 GPA
>literally 100k USD starting by working as a commissioned insurance agent and outperforming all my peers at the company
>no debt

My degree goes into personal projects and continued learning. I also landed in (or rather, was pulled into) a regional manager position recently, so we'll see how that goes. I plan on going into engineering eventually, but the bastards in my area all wanted absurd amounts of experience for the "entry-level" jobs. From the contacts I made from the job search, I now know it's because they want to under-staff on purpose and cut corners by working engineers to the bone and making them coordinate employees instead of putting proper supervisors on the payroll.

I do hope that's just a local custom and not the whole picture with engineering, though. The job I have now is terribly busy, and living in a low-cost area, it's far more money than I know what to do with anymore.

Then you're already aware I'd be statistically more likely to be injured in a car accident than go pro in SC2, fuck you for trying to make me homeless random math autist for toying with my dreams

maybe they just want good engineers who got decent GPA and worked in an actual engineering position before. i wouldn't hire someone who went to become an insurance agent cause it tells me they aren't serious about the field

you beat Byun and ForGG once each
i'm just trying to live vicariously through you since i can't fucking into starcraft, user
it's what any good math autist father would do

UF
MechE
Junior
$14,000

>2.69 GPA
>outperforming all my peers at the company

literally can't outperform your peers now.

>tfw we officially passed miami in US NEWS rankings
its about time

hell yea
Are we still tied with Penn State?

I didn't actually apply for life insurance sales. They pulled me aside and said they were looking for someone who could perform, so I took it. It was my third month looking for jobs, and no matter how you slice it, working somewhere definitely looks better to an employer than being a NEET for any sizable length of time. From what I've learned from industry contacts, GPA really only matters to the people who don't know what you'll be doing. They just lack a better metric with which to judge you, and if they're interested, savvy employers will often ask you about your GPA just to wind up requesting your transcript so they can gauge your honesty with them. Because the honesty definitely matters when you're the one fiddling with their products and production lines.

To be honest, the peers here aren't the most skilled people I've met, and the pay would be shit if they weren't paying by commissions. I've gotten paid in direct proportion to how much I sell, and while the expected success rate is around 20% for an insurance sale, I net closer to 50%. Agents definitely do live on that 20%, so I've gotten myself a decent deal while also earning the gift of gab.

lots of Floridians...

anyone go to UNF?

So school is more of a personal goal than a career building step? Not bad dude, sounds comfy

>UCLA
>Mechanical Engineering
>3.6
>No debt

Graduated 4 months ago, been living as a NEET since. Should have probably put more effort into getting an internship since I'm not getting any job interviews.

maybe it's the fact that you have anime pictures saved on your computer

University of Washington - Seattle (UW)
Computer Science
Graduated in 2014, current salary $178k/year (getting a promotion at the end of 2017 where my salary will be around $260k)
No debt (paid it all off in the first year)

how you make so much?

You guys are practically tied with state pen.

There's a ton of career fairs at this school + lots of companies nearby + no other schools in the area as competition (like at Berkeley you have Stanford + calpoly + ucla as local competition, UW is pretty much the only one in Washington)

the median starting salary here for CS is around $110-150k (I started around $120)

my brother graduated with a degree in Computer Science back in 2009 at BYU (he's not a Mormon), and he works @ Microsoft HQ in Seattle making roughly what this guy makes Bro is always bitching about having to certify, recertify, and never ending continual certifications for the countless Microsoft Certs

>>Degrees don't mean shit when every idiot with money is able to get one.
Fixed.

Literally how
At UCLA, you are LITERALLY guaranteed internships if you have above a 3.0 in engineering
It's absolute easy mode. I refuse to believe this. Recruiters will beg for you just because you went to LA. You are walking gods.

Try going to UCR where even with an actual 4.0, a good portfolio, and research, you have to look out of state for internships, just because of that big ol' stinky "Riverside" on your resume, which causes everyone in OC and the LA area to immediately bin your application. I eventually found one in fucking Atlanta.

I'm seriously in disbelief. School rank is THE MOST important factor when it comes to finding an internship. I only wish I knew this 3 years ago, where I fell for the "undergrad doesn't matter" meme, and got tempted by UCR's financial aid. I could have gone to UCSD and been treated as a normal student during my searching, instead of a subhuman.

do recruiters frown upon out-of-staters applying for jobs there

No. I'm from OOS and I chose to go here, they don't actually ask

How the heck are your GPAs so high? The maximum in our engineering department is like 3.6. Is this an American thing?

> École Normale Supérieure (ENS)
> maths
> school pays me to study, currently +20k in savings

Well I graduated from a Cali state school and there's no work here unless you went to Berkeley or Stanford. I was considering applying for positions up north like in Washington, but I was concerned that they'd all go to local grads and students from UW

>t. virgin

What's physics (and mathematics) like at Monash?

>Southern California community college
>mathematics and philosophy
>4.0
No uni debt but the hole in heart gets deeper every day

>UHM
>Double Major Astrophysics + CompSci
>3.7

I only have myself to blame for my sleepless nights

>philosophy

Monash university, Australia
Medicine (MBBS)
Will be about $60,000 aud after six years, but basically interest free

>University of Pheonix
>Samoan 6th Century Literature
>4.0
>Shits easy cuz Samoans didn't learn to write until the 21st century

He said math and philosophy. Which simply means he has a better understand of life and the world around him than you sorry star wars nerd

CS is THE meme degree, and great glory be to the one who's actually interested in the content and not just the money.

True. You don't even have to be good at all to get shit tons of money.

>uni
Cheap State school
>major
CS
>GPA
~3.5
>if graduated, where you are currently and salary
Seattle, $150k w/ benefits
>current uni debt
$0k, paid off on first paycheck.

Don't be naive, poor people are retarded at much higher rates, have lower graduation rates and don't fit environments like Harvard's or Stanford's

Georgia Tech
Math major
>salary
I didn't sell out and went to grad school
>implying loans
What kind of idiot takes loans? Find a school that will give you enough money to be affordable.

>Santa Barbara city college(fall 2014)
>biology
>dont remember around a 3.5
>paid tuition with poker winnings
>parents house
>i make around 14,000 a year growing vegetals and fish, could make alot more.
I never stopped studying, i actually study alot more since i dropped out and im not constantly smoking weed and getting fucked up 5 nights a week.
right now im going through baby logic and will continue up until i understand modal. Im going to learn basic set theory, probability theory, inferential statistics, and get to calculus before going back to a four year college. My plan is to finish my undergraduate degree in 2 years. Depending on my prospects, if they dont look great i will probably go to a meme college like evergreen state, ES would allow me to get credit fast and the professors and facilities are very underutilized so its a great place to get some good experience in the field I plan on going into (ecology). The actual degree is toliet paper as far as im concerned, i just need facilities to get research experience in and a path to get me to the GREs, those things are what will get me into a prestigious post-graduate program. Evergreen is also a fit for me because its location, great outdoor life and a ton of nature weirdos and any drug i want to keep me company, its relatively cheap. Evergreen also has a significant population of serious anarchists in and around the school, although more and more liberal trustafarians flood in every year and kinda ruin it.

>lake superior community college
>cyber security
>3.5
>$0 cause I am not a retard that goes to a university

>uni
Dutch
>major
Nanomaterial science
>GPA
>current uni debt
0, because the Netherlands is actually a first world country.
Finishing my master this year.

Hows duke? Im too poor but I bet living in Research triangle is pretty nice.
I live near ECU, and only bumfucks go there.

>Iowa State
>Mathematics
>3.71 GPA
>No debt because saved money + scholarships

>every one has 3.4 or 3.6 and so on
>I only got 3.0

I'm a failure

Texas A&M
Computer Science
0 debt, I get paid to go to school, GI bill ;)

How much is it for you to go to Duke?
My dream is to go there for grad school but it's just a dream, no way I'll ever get into.
Seems expensive as fuck too

>University of Western Sydney
>Chemistry/Biochemistry
>6.6 something. They are out of 7 here.
>Tech officer at the uni because I wanted money and I like going home and not having to worry about assignments or anything. Might continue studies later.
>approx $30k AUD but it is indexed to inflation and I only pay it back as a fraction of my taxes, so whatever.

I swear I was the only one who graduated with a biochem major that wasn't looking to go into medical school.

Industrial Engineering + Math

Average: 9,75

That would be a 4,5 GPA i guess

After this i will get a phd in finance for that sweet 200k starting.

Debt: 0, Uni is free

>U of Rochester
>lol.0
>n/a
>$0, and won't have any.

I would not go to school if I would accrue 100k or more in debt.

>Math PhD
>Any job I want
>300k starting

Ayo, me breda, I am currently on academic probation because I'm retarded.

How the hell do I study? I'm lazy and get distracted easily.

Aye, fellow knightfag

Anyone here from a UK university? Is the public loan system any good?

>UIUC
> Computer Science (College of Engineering) and Linguistics Undergrad
>3.84

>UW Seattle
>Masters in Computer Science, almost done
>3.67 GPA

$0 because the company I used to work for offered to pay off all my debt if I went back to school and got a masters degree

hi :DDDDDD

You can't exceed 4.0 in university so depending on your lowest grade you might have a 4.0 or less.

How can a 92%, a 94% and a 100% get all 4.0 gpa? American degrees are easy as fuck

at competitive universities, a 90-94.99% gives you a 3.30 gpa. A 95%+ gets you the 4.0

So 95% and 100% both get 4.0? Easy as fuck

no in order to get a 4.0 you need to get a 95%, write a 35 page research paper on the subjects taught in class, get a 100% on the final, design a car to be used in the german grand prix, win the nobel prize in physics and drink edge shaving cream without a trip to the hospital. AFTER all of that you have to petition the department to give you a 4.0 in the class but keep in mind that theres only a >.05% success rate there

>uni
Tulsa Community College
>>major
Computer Engineering
>>GPA
>>Semester
3rd
>>current uni debt
$0.00 I have the GI bill. I get paid $1,500 a month to go to school.

>michigan
>nuclear engineering
>3.164 :'(
>at a national lab in cali. 112kper year before tax(fuck cali tax)
>$0 because of scholarships due to being a poor wetback shitskin

I am. I've only taken tuition fee loans, not maintenance loans, and due to being an orphan poorfag that's only £3k per year (rest covered by bursaries etc.). As such, I'll probably repay it pretty soon after graduating.

It's a complete assfuck if you ever intend to repay it, the interest rate depends on your income but goes from RPI + 1% to RPI + 3% (off the top of my head, could be slightly wrong), and while you're studying it's the highest rate (RPI+3%). This means at worst you're paying something stupid like 6-7% interest which is insane on a £27k-40k loan.

If you never intend to pay it back fully the monthly repayments aren't too punishing but with the interest you'll never rid yourself of it with those alone.

If I've misunderstood something about this system please tell me because it seems horrible.

You think that's hard? Here in India you need a 100% in the class or you'll be dropped - this includes upper division stem courses where the pass rate is 5-10%. The hardest part of all, though, is the final exam in which the professor asks you where is the right place to shit: in the home on a toilet or on a public street? Less than 0.5% pass rate.

yeet boi, that hurricane was a meme

>If you never intend to pay it back fully
What do you mean "if"? Is there another option?

>Purdue
>MSc. EE
>Anywhere that's work
>None because of nigger scholarship

>4.0
Forgot

The monthly repayments required from you aren't very high, if I recall correctly. And if you make a small enough salary they don't require any repayment. As such, if your income isn't very high, you can pay back a small amount/not at all every month but if you have a sizable loan it's not gonna go away with small repayments because of the large interest.

It's ass backwards and I hate it.

Oh and I forgot to add, after a certain time period (something like 30-40 years) they wipe the loan. But to benefit from that (in the sense that you've repaid less than the amount of the original loan) you'll have to have a very low salary for most of that time.

I'm kind of going off the top of my head here, you should look at the official gov sites if you want more accurate info.

>Ashland University
>political science
>0·0
>dropped out, same town
>3,000usd

School is STUPID

umm you know you can just ... leave the USA right?

the downside: your credit score is 0

upside: hopefully you learned something in college to be useful in your new country?

Think of it as a 9% graduate tax if you earn above £21k GBP, it's not really "debt" in the conventional sense

This is the UK we're talking about, not USA. And personally my loans aren't too big so I can pay them off probably within a year of graduation. However, the situation is shittier for people with larger loans.

But yes, I'm not from here originally so I have wondered about just fucking off.

Tories say it's not really debt because the interest is higher than in any sensible student loan to the point where most people will never pay it back entirely. It's stupid and I don't like it, but your funeral.

No one in the UK should be put off from going to uni because of the debt, like you mentioned, it's just a sticker price that no one will pay (plus they won't chase you if you move abroad and dissappear).

The goverment is supposed to be reducing the interest on the loans though which is a positive move.