Explain this shit IQ faggots, how the fuck are there engineers with IQs below 100 and doctors with IQs of 105?

Explain this shit IQ faggots, how the fuck are there engineers with IQs below 100 and doctors with IQs of 105?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060504082306.htm
businessinsider.com/how-intelligence-changes-as-we-age-2015-3
thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(07)61127-1/fulltext
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are electricians brainlets

IQ is not everything, don't believe the things you see on this shitty board.

What else matters?

Why are IQ fags so silent?

Because for most professions, it doesn't matter whether or not you can rotate a 3D shape in your mind in a given time.

1. in order to look at that many different professions, the sample sizes used would probably be quite small because it would quickly get expensive
2.you should really check the original source tosee from which comapnies these workers were drawn, since different companies wil have much different IQs of its workers. compare the IQ of an engineer at google compared with the IQ of an engineer at say a logging company
3. none of you have even posted the source of the diagram

a standard IQ test isn't a 3d rotation test.

the most important part of a normal IQ test is the pattern recognition section. the ravens progressive matrices

pattern recognition is very important because the way we find out and understand how our environment works and hence how we can manipulate our environment to our advantage is by recognising the patterns of our how environment behaves.

It's also key to problem solving.
The way you'll work out how to change the environment to an outcome you want will to be to understand how it works and you'l understand how it works by recognising the patterns with which it operates

IQ is a stupid child test to solve little troubles.

IQ =/= person's intelligence.

It's almost as though intelligence is borderline impossible to represent numerically.

But psychologists say it matters and correlates with achievement.

Psychology is a pseudoscience

Hauser, Robert M. 2002. "Meritocracy, cognitive ability, and the sources of occupational success." is the paper.

Because having a high IQ is like going hunting with a rifle instead of a longbow. It doesn't mean that it's impossible for someone hunting with a longbow to do better than you, or that it's impossible for you to fail, it's just less likely.

Nice analogy :D

But according to sci people with IQs of 100 shouldn't be able to understand anything that's required to become a doctor or an engineer.

>doctors with IQs of 105?

They're called carribean medical students who go into family medicine or internal.

Those jobs are /comfy/.

Heart

But that's not scientific

According to Veeky Forums engineers are all sub 80 IQ

>welders are of the chart

feels good man

Is there something that combines medical, legal, and natural sciences? Environmental health policy?

Engineers are like code monkeys, they like to think they are intelligent because of their profession when, in fact, they try to memorize everything without any understanding of what they're doing and with no knowledge of how to apply it, and consult a more qualified person to do their work for them.

Like a physicist?

t.non-engineer

Had you EVER taken even a sophomore ENGR 2000 level class you'd know that there's next to NOTHING to fuckin memorize after your physics and math classes, and that engineering classes are 90% throwing complicated application problems at you that force you to figure out how to apply your math and physics classes to real world problems.

It's not uncommon for some exam questions in engineering classes to be over shit you never covered in lecture, because the professor feels like testing the class's ability to improvise, adapt, and intuit an answer.

nah man everything gets down to reasoning abilitiy. Applying logic is what intelligence is. good reasoning = vocabulary, deduction abilities, pattern recognition, problem solving etc.

i dunno, man. there was certainly a lot of equation memorization in heat transfer and vibration. in my mechanical undergrad there rarely, if ever, seemed to be a whole lot of room for interpretation or improvisation.

Daily work is the only thing that matters.

w8 the average iq for an MD is 120? wtf I thought it would be at least 10 points higher. How reliable is this info?

>what are outliers

is this how it works? i have always seen iq as an minimum req to perform a certain task lets say. if you have an of 100 you will never in a million years be able to achieve a phd in psychics. that i consider impossible.

>who's feynman
>who's black science man

didn't feynman take the test as a teen? also he got 125 i think, maybe he worked harder than any of his peers. show me a person with sub 115 iq with a phd in psychics.

black science man has a bachelors degree.

>if you have an of 100 you will never in a million years be able to achieve a phd in psychics. that i consider impossible.
You really overestimate IQ. Someone with an IQ of 100 might not be a genius, but he's not retarded either

>75 iq policemen
This is not true, right?

>engineers are content with using tools they don't know how the fuck they work only how to apply for cookie cutter problems
Engineering is literally rote memorization, even gender studies is more credible than your trash field. No wonder you're all brainlets.

That's not what the chart says, 90% of all policemen have IQ 80+ (but it's true since there will always be extremely low/high values given enough samples). But in reality, do you really think the police filters based on intelligence?

do you know why i overestimate iq? i have an estimated iq of 121. even thought this is like top 15% of the population i literally feel mentally handicapped compared to people i look up to, people i aspire to be and my college peers. this is why i have resorted myself to study economics instead of a stem field.

>there are smarter people than me
>that's why I went to an easier field
Sounds like you mainly had to change your attitude to succeed in STEM. Not everyone in STEM has a 130+ IQ

As long as you're not completely retarded you should be able to do most things if you put in enough effort, higher IQ just makes this easier.

My IQ is about as much as Feyman's, doesn't mean I can accomplish half the shit he did.

What's Feyman's iq?

they say 125

>Explain this shit IQ faggots

An IQ of a man predominantly determines how quickly he can learn a new process, system, task, etc.

Therefore, the demarcations you see on your chart (which is unreferenced, btw) are the points in which no amount of time spent on the tasks required for a job is sufficient in performing that job.

Also, if you factor in the fact that IQ measure G, then it may be possible to have a savant with a low average intelligence across his faculties, I suppose.

141 IQ electrician here. You need to update your chart friend.

Everything that I've seen says that it doesn't really correlate directly with achievement. It's usually just a way for people who have a big IQ and a complex to feel superior to others.

Black science man has a PhD in astrophysics from Columbia unless we're thinking of different black science men. Also, probably has a big IQ though desu.

>what is an outlier

Because IQ was invented more than a hundred years ago to grade factory workers and supervisors by intelligence on their simple factory jobs. It was never meant to grade intelligent people, and certainly has no influence on how well you perform on intellectually demanding tasks.

>141 IQ
>can't read the part of the bottom that says the right most end of the bar is the 90th percentile

i know that feel bro

>blah blah IQ IQ
where the fuck do you even take a standardized IQ test

Transference of energy to heat

They make you take one to apply for cognitive disability.

Huh, it's almost like IQ is pseudoscience and it doesn't actually measure intelligence.
You jackasses that actually bought into this meme and cum at the thought of someone being impressed with your numbers are pathetic fucking retards.

Let's be honest with ourselves, how smart can you possibly be if you had to pay someone to tell you what your IQ is?

Psychology is bull shit tier science, please.

Why are you even asking this question retard. Everybody knows the answer. There are tons of inferior humans. And universities allow these idiots to come to university... So many total fucking idiots momorizing for exams not even caring about the department or faculty...

Rest in peace human race....

Not all.
Psychometrics is a branch destined to failure.

Because the variance of IQ remains the same as the total population no matter what subgroup you're looking at.

That's actually kind of the point for a good test.

psychometrics (particularly IQ) is literally the only field of psychology that isn't in a replication crisis and failing to produce results with predictive value

Certain doctors will make more money in 10 years than an engineer can make in their entire career.

Smarter people will choose to make more money.

>Smarter people will choose to make more money
Einstein and tesla didn't make much money nor did most nobel prize winners.
So no, you're dumb to make that assumption.

In case you didn't have the good fortune of watching Simpsons as a child, you might have picked up on the fact that comic book guy was the characture of high iq failures. Do you want to be comic book guy?

Neither is IQ. It's psychology. ;^)

IQ is nonsense, but you're retarded if you think 105 is low. 105 is smarter than 65% of people.

Post YFW you realize Raven's Progressive Matrices aren't even included in WAIS.

GO DUCK YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF SHEIT OP
IQ THREADS ARE THE CANCER THAT IS RUINING Veeky Forums !
WHEN WILL THOSE LAZY KEK MODS PRUNE THIS BOARD?

[math]\mathsf{\color{red}(\color{red}U\color{red}S\color{red}E\color{red}R\text{ }\color{red}W\color{red}A\color{red}S\text{ }\color{red}B\color{red}A\color{red}N\color{red}N\color{red}E\color{red}D \text{ }\color{red}F\color{red}O\color{red}R \text{ }\color{red}T\color{red}H\color{red}I\color{red}S \text{ } \color{red}P\color{red}O\color{red}S\color{red}T\color{red})}[/math]

t. jelly brainlet Java Pajeet

>moderator pretends to be anti-IQ so he can ban himself to display his hatred for people who are anti-IQ

Because there are many different types of engineer.

Look the pic. There are electrical engineers with IQs of 100. That doesn't include electricians, since they have their own data set plotted.

Oh boy oh boy,
IQ threads realy are the best!

[math]\mathsf{\color{red}(\color{red}U\color{red}S\color{red}E\color{red}R\text{ }\color{red}W\color{red}A\color{red}S\text{ }\color{red}B\color{red}A\color{red}N\color{red}N\color{red}E\color{red}D\text{ }\color{red}F\color{red}O\color{red}R\text{ }\color{red}T\color{red}H\color{red}I\color{red}S\text{ }\color{red}P\color{red}O\color{red}S\color{red}T\color{red})}[/math]

It is only giving us trivial information as of now, senpai. Besides, who said it isn't on a replication crisis?

Stop being a brainlet and read onto some psychology that makes sense, ie. Behaviorism.

Would a low IQ brainlet get a BSc in Agriculture & Botany, dipping their toes into Environmental Science and broaden into History

[eqn] \color{red}{\big( \mathsf{YOU \ ARE \ A \ NIGGER \big)}} [/eqn]

Sounds like an interesting subject.
I was considering studying forestry to work in one beautiful forests in my country, but materialistic concerns made fall for the electrical engineering meme.

>This entire thread
>No one mentions age or brain adaptability during slow iq regression

I'm not even a supporter IQ but the general idea is that as people age various amount of things happen to them that can reduce their ability to score high on such test. But because this reduction is done over a long span of time rather a short span the brain has the ability to rewire itself in such a fashion to keep it functioning properly to everyday living (including career wise).

sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060504082306.htm

businessinsider.com/how-intelligence-changes-as-we-age-2015-3

thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(07)61127-1/fulltext

This is why the dependency on IQ as a end all be all determining factor of success is laughable because the evidence proves otherwise. Yes, high IQ is important but mostly early in life. That's because we have institutions built to filter out high density populations and turn them into low density populations (see medical majors) based on marks.

Once you get through and into the career it's mostly about dependability, memory and practice. Your IQ could easily drop below the threshold necessary to get into the career you're occupying in the first place but because you're already in it no one cares about marks as much as experience.

>Erdos
Reminds me. Drugs (e.g. amphetamines) can really level the IQ playing field

what's his backstory?

140 IQ checking in. Bumping this thread so i can follow this reply chain so i can learn more about comic book guy lore.

The rest of this thread is shit, btw.

>has a 140 IQ
>still too dumb to Google comic book guy background story

A doctor with IQ 105 is hardly surprising you insecure elitist cuck

Fairly obvious this is fake or wrong. The quartiles are all evenly spaced, which should not be the case. The middle two should basically always be thinner.

Well lets see. Doctors deal with the healing of the most complex and intelligent life form on planet earth. Engineers make my refrigerators.

ITT: Insecure low IQ faggots

IQ matters. Get over it. No amount of autistic screeching will stop you from being an inferior brainlet.

IQ does play a role both in how you perform at a given job, and what kind of a job you are likely to pick.
However its worth knowing that its just one of many factors. Im a lawyer, and my iq is only about 116, however im quickly gaining positive reputation in my field and climbing up the hierarchy. Why? Because I dont need an iq of 160 to know how to adequatly reference laws, and ive got good intuition, eloquence, charm, so I do very well at job.
Equally, being highly intelligent as an MD wont help you as much as being perceptive and cool headed enough to accept promotions to higher but more risky positions. (depression is quite common among workers in all medical fields, being able to deal with it and keep on ticking doesnt necessarly depend in how clever you are)
As for the *raw* natural sciences. I honestly believe that hard work trumps inherent genius unless you want to do something revolutionary like tesla, and lets not oretend that you will.
Ive seen quite a few people a lot smarter than me stay in catering jobs because they were too eccentric to finish college.

>He holds a master's degree in folklore and mythology (having translated The Lord of the Rings into Klingon as part of his thesis), as well as a degree in chemical engineering, has an IQ of 170, and is a member of the Springfield branch of Mensa. He is morbidly obese and has long hair, which he always keeps tied in a ponytail.

from the wikipedia

You can be extremely successful in any field given moderate intelligence and an obsessive, all consuming passion.