Veeky Forums Meta Thread

Let's address the elephant in the room. /pol/. How do we get them to stay in their containment board? I, for one am tired of "Race realism." threads.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/sci/thread/9112009/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You just don't. Hide their threads and report their posts.
I'm not a fan of that stuff, but it's not like there's anything else to be done.

Continued vigilance in pointing out and ridiculing /pol/tards. Do not evade them on an intellectual level. Simply point and laugh at their stupidity. The only thing they understand is cultural warfare.

Boards will always cross over and nothing can be done, just point out their errors and if they resort to their childish antics just do

Attention is what they want. Notice the replies:posters ratio in their threads. They're desperately samefagging to get people to notice them.

>I, for one am tired of "Race realism." threads.
>I trust statistics, but only if they say politically correct things

'go back to /pol/' spammers are worse than any /pol/ crossposters

I'm much more annoyed by /x/ posts.

this

>don't want to get into a /pol/ discussion
>stay out of race threads
>want to get into a /pol/ discussion
>the thread is filled with 'go back to /pol/' faggots

you can't possibly be that retarded to not figure out which group is the invasive one. also this thread is possibly a false-flag but in any case kys

People like to have an anonymous place to vent and a lot of people in science feel the way /pol/ does.

Was taking a shit today and some guy comes into the bathroom talking on his phone, "...I know what they're trying to do with the department but why can't they just acknowledge there are fundamental genetic differences..." or something along those lines. He's in a computer vision lab so he wasn't talking about rat strains.

Mods should just contain it to one thread.

lol

I think they're more trying to justify it to themselves to avoid cognitive dissonance

The statistics in those threads always seem to come from studies that look at relations that could stem from a myriad of factors it's basically impossible to say it's down to race, but still the thread is full of such claims.
Social science will probably never really be taken seriously because of the lack of control they can exert in their studies

>implying there isn't differences between haplogroups.
>Implying genetics isn't science.

And I'm half Mexican.

>How do we get them to stay in their containment board

The answer is as old as Veeky Forums. See pic related. It is as simple, and as impossible, as that.

>implying those are really from /x/

Veeky Forums.org *is* /pol/ now
the only way to treat the cancer is by cutting out of the body just as you would an infected tumour
we now know that deleting hate forums works, and it's not too late to save this website if /pol/ is deleted and a immediate chemotherapy is applied to the rest of the site - no tolerance and permanent bans for anyone posting racist, nazi and other repulsive material.
but seeing as admin won't delete /pol/, I'm afraid to say that the cancer is effectively terminal
the best thing to do is create another Veeky Forums on 8ch or another website, because this shit is only going to get worse
I've seen it happen to so many boards before now.

Moot's foolishness led him to believe he could contain cancer in one board. Had he deleted /pol/ outright like he did with /new/ then all this wouldn't have happened, but sadly it did, and we now have to live with the consequences.

How about mods doing their job?

I fucking wish you could kill fascists over the internet
I mean they're pretty stupid people, could we convince them that you can get high from drinking bleach or something?

hello antifa

hi, how's it going user?

I wish I was allowed to deport muslims in real life.

muslims are middle-eastern fascists after all

>And I'm half Mexican.
This stops working when everyone is repeating it.

sorry but evolution is science

Why do inferior subhuman eurangutans want to make Veeky Forums their safe space?

>subhuman eurangutans
You answered your own question, its just typical of the very people who were responsible for the incan genocide.

the entire internet is pc and anti racist

if reddit is doing such a great job of driving out racists why don't you go back there

I think telling people to "go back to their boards" is a retort on the level of "no u". It is nice to think we're all living in these separate boxes and deviancy from said boxes is undesirable, but it's unrealistic to expect and untrue in essence.

I think the lack of thought policing is what makes Veeky Forums itself. Without it we're just another echo chamber with mandated correct opinions. That would of course be desirable for entities that thrive in such policed environments, since their opinions are too fragile to survive without eliminating dissent through non-argumentation.

I think it is sad that for some people it is not enough to be allowed to express themselves freely. They desire for everything alien to them to be removed with force if need be, regardless of how ironic that is.

Make more actual math and sci threads

I agree with this. We need more about math.

I wouldn't mind one bit if they were drowned out by homework threads.

>Stallman has autism
>Stallman is an atheist
>Stallman is a virgin

Source?

this.

No they aren't.

this

also because science has been dominated by leftist opinions, a lot of the most interesting points of view right now in psychology, sociology and biology are coming from conservatives

Yes and no. Depends on the type of anti-/pol/ spammers. If they disagree with having political discussion in non-political boards I agree with them. But sadly most anti-/pol/lacks are just SJW's and tankies who just want right wing extremism away, so they can promote their ideologies. Just a few weeks ago in a nuclear energy thread some sperg was screaming that liking nuclear energy was /pol/.
So your solution for "destroying /pol/" is taking anonymity away and giving janitors moderator rights? You do realize that this is why people browse Veeky Forums, right? If you want a posting environment that has a strict agreed upon norms and opinions, and straying from said norms and opinions gets you banned go to reddit. Seriously, you hold reddit as a shining example of how discussion forums should be run in your post so why are you still there? Shoo shoo, go away.

Yes, they are. People who spam just want to practise their own identity politics in peace without those dirty right wingers

boards.fireden.net/sci/thread/9112009/

Add an additional catcha:

Select those that are/were real
1. Holocaust
2. Climate Change
3. Some stupid conspiracy theory
4. Some stupid conspiracy theory

For the first 3 posts of the day per unique IP

Or require an Induction proof like "prove that every even integer greater than 2 can be expressed as the sum of two primes."

>People who spam just want to practise their own identity politics in peace without those dirty right wingers

But the only people who do identity politics is pol. All we do is tell them to go back.

This isn't shitposting this is an honest question: if you dislike the user responsibility and relative freedom of Veeky Forums, why do you post here?

>Veeky Forums.org *is* /pol/ now
Stopped reading right there, kys

just watch his youtube talks. its obvious.

>But the only people who do identity politics is pol
Tells everything I need to know about you, and thank you by the way for proving my point. People who spam just want to replace with their own extremism.

I don't, I just think that boards should be used to discuss the topics they were intended too. If you haven't noticed, the "relative freedom" includes some (board and global) rules as well. /pol/ has no interest in either science or math, they just come here to pretend their religion has any scientific basis and is not just "muh feels > your feels"

But can you explain to me how an additional captcha would reduce "user responsibility and relative freedom"

Okay, I'll bite. Show me one SJW thread in Veeky Forums right now. I can show you like 5 /pol/ threads.

>>People who spam just want to practise their own identity politics in peace without those dirty right wingers
You basically admit that /pol/ is a right-wing hugbox

>Tells everything I need to know about you, and thank you by the way for proving my point. People who spam just want to replace with their own extremism.
Feel free to spam on any political discussion on Veeky Forums

Can you read?

Yes, and clearly you can't show me a single SJW thread. The only people who do identity politics in Veeky Forums are you faggots. It's time to go back.

No you clearly can't. I stated anti-/pol/fags want to get rid of anything they deem as /pol/, so they can shitpost their own ideologies. They haven't gotten rid of what they deem as /pol/, so they are focusing on accusing everything as /pol/. I.E nuclear energy. Now please, point to what you deem as /pol/ threads. That ought to be interesting. Also I don't browse /pol/.
>You basically admit that /pol/ is a right-wing hugbox
Why would I deny it? It's common knowledge, the intent of my post was not to "admit" anything.

We want to get rid of /pol/ so we can not talk about ideologies at all you fucking mongloid.
>Veeky Forums - Science & Math

Already addressed here . If you are genuinely "anti-/pol" because you disagree with having political etc discussion on Veeky Forums I have no problem with you. Many anti-pollakcs however just disagree with the type of political discussion.

better to give them a sandbox really.

These
()
Surprisingly there's no climate change doubting thread up, but there are plenty of other threads being shit up by /pol/.

They have an entire board to play

>inca genocide
Bacteria and virus?
Eurangutans are a kind of primates. Dumb subhuman.

I have no problem with /pol/ threads.If you don't like it don't click on it.
If you are really scared by threads conflicting with your worldview you can go to another site that fulfills your diversity and equality requirements.
Also,you guys need to modify your shilling technique,putting everything in the first posts gives it away.

>I have no problem with /pol/ threads.
Thanks for sharing your completely unbiased opinion, /pol/

You are not getting my point.
Eurangutans are the ones who brought their subhuman bacteria and virus.
You're brain is literally aztec level peanut size.

It's amazing how people who love science will consider themselves so objective, and so willing to be skeptical, yet on the topic of race, they run for the hills because they are so scared.

"Racial realism", or whatever you want to call it (realizing that not all groups of human beings are exactly the same), is science, whether you like it or not. What is true, is true, whether you like it or not.

Last night I dreamed I was running around screaming white power and having people arrested for stalking and harassment in an attempt to protect freedom of speech and foster open dialogue.

it's in a way understandable. most people haven't taken the time to look into it. the people that argue it seem like ugly human beings. many of those people are just dumb racists so there's association bias as well.

"No".

Go back to /pol/

This. It's as if people don't know that you can hide threads, or just ignore them.

It's weird how, in this day and age, it seems virtually impossible for anyone, no matter how scientific they claim to be, to be apolitical.

Politics is in everything now...What happened to just observing things objectively, for their own sake, and not having any preconceived notions of what you WANT them to mean? Even when reading scientific articles today, I feel like the author has a conclusion they WANT to be reached and thus find evidence to support it, instead of just empirically observing the world around them and going "yep, that's how it is".

I honestly feel like the world has lost much of its intellectual integrity. I don't remember the last time I read something and it didn't seem like the author had some kind of agenda they wanted to put across. Always it seems like they want to believe the world is a certain way and this colors their conclusions. Do people ever observe things just to observe anymore?

it's almost like there is an aggressive minority that is eager to ruin your career if you wrongthink

containment threads, Veeky Forums is a shade between leftists who would shut down all debate of genetics if they could and rightists who swamp debate with their irrational take on the subject, I don't think Veeky Forums should swing one way or the other

1: it is easy to point someone towards a containment thread

2: we can discuss the topic without accusations of censorship and drama

3: the conversation doesn't always begin at square 1, the debate will have progressed in the thread already

4: the threads could have infographics and facts posts in the OP

worst case scenario /pol/ starts these threads and fills them with memes and shitty arguments instead of facts and sound arguments, however if they do so they have just created their own containment thread saving good wholesome Veeky Forumsposters the trouble

it could be called "genetics general" or something neutral

The problem is that /pol/ is chock full of infrographics with false science, which they play off as real science.

It's unlikely that they will stick to those threads. Even worse, it brings cancer to Veeky Forums and nearly legitimizes (to people who don't use Veeky Forums) their poor take on the subject because we allow it to fester.

Chalk it up to samizdat generated as a result of the taboo around discussing the subject. Ignoring the topic does no one any favors.

and 2 more, now we have a "climate change is good for us" thread

I've pointed out endless fallacies and errors in their infographics. The deluge never ends. Having a legit discussion won't do anything.

Missing the point

>nearly legitimizes
Dude, as if posting here fucking legitimizes anything. Veeky Forums is an has always been nothing but a place to shitpost and look at memes. Fuck off.

>I refuse to have decent discourse on any subject
>It's too hard

You're complaining that a gas station toilet is not clean enough to have a fancy dinner. It's a toilet, not a dinning hall.

No, I'm complaining that the fancy restaurant is being shit up by people confusing it with a gas station toilet

Not at all. Memes and shitposts aren't themselves an issue; they are to be expected on Veeky Forums (and Veeky Forums in general). However, they are not the entirety of Veeky Forums. If you think that then you clearly don't engage in any proper discussions on here. My issue with /pol/ threads is that they often masquerade as a legitimate discussion while they spew poor interpretations of statistics and studies that they haven't looked at critically. Even after being told that, they continue on with their shitty arguments or wait for the thread to die to make a new one. People looking at these threads may (unfortunately) think that these are valid points of contention on Veeky Forums. That is what I don't want.
This might come as a surprise to you, but there are plenty of graduate students and people with graduate degrees who use Veeky Forums. I don't want a board culture where the stupid discussions on /pol/ threads are encouraged. It only invites more /pol/fags to come in and fuck up discussions by injecting politics into everything.

There is no such thing as pure truth in life, only convenient truths that happen to further some agenda. Aristotle complained the same thing about the generation coming after him, and it really comes down to the fact that there are no superlatives in life, just different ways of thinking that are part of a larger dialectic.

>interpretations of statistics and studies that they haven't looked at critically

if you have a problem with someone's interpretation of statistics or critical thinking skills then feel free to add your opinion. but that's not what you have a problem with.

It so easy:

You want to talk about science You want to talk about (your) politics

Ive never been to /pol/ in my life and i unironically believe that Africans are inferior, due to the evidence i am presented with. I dont think they deserve any less of a shot at happiness than i do, but they are clearly the less intelligent race. What are you going to do to get rid of me?

why does intelligence have to have a value assigned to it? plenty of worthless intelligent people exist

Because the sooner we realize not every race is of equal intellect, the sooner we can drop the programs that give people an advantage in certain fields simply because or their skin color or gender. Do you unironically belive that google engineers are mostly white males because of some hidden racial bias on the part of every single interviewer for the company? Or is it more likely that when looking at resumes and potential employees, google just reduced it all to data and picked those who were the top of their field to make the process more efficient, and white and/or asian males happen to make the best engineers? The sooner we accept the fact that some people are genetically predisposed to be better at some things than others, the sooner we can stop the insanely inefficient dance of "equality". Its literally a matter of making the human race progress faster vs forcing women and blacks into jobs they arent qualified for in the name of feelings. Im not saying no black person/woman could ever be a good engineer, there are plenty of statistical outliers. Im saying that if you were to pick the top performing engineers/scientists/intellectuals in the world based only on data and they turn out to be overwhelmingly not black. The solution is not to move the goal posts, you simply infer that there arent as many black intellectuals.

you're missing my point. there's a difference between calling a population inferior versus saying they have an inferior intellect. intellect is not the sole measure of human worth. in many cases it's a damn shitty one.

labeling science as "race realism ebil white propaganda" is a way to suspend facts that upset your feelings, and they're not allowed on this board.

anyone who spams gb2pol crap can stay in reddit.

>yet another science is racism thread
sage
ignore

Ok i agree with that, but you cant even discuss any race being smarter than any other race without people crying racism, even if your discussion is based on fact. There are laws involving what percentage of your workforce can be a certain color or gender. That shouldnt be a thing and is objectively a shit deal for all parties involved. What happens if your job just happens to be better performed by a certain type of person? I dont see any calls for affirmative action in the NBA. Why should science be different?

Why don't we just keep talking about jewish scientists and mathematicians over and over again to make them angry. Oh wait nevermind we're already doing that.

You tell them to fuck off, tell them board mixing is degenerate, and that they have to go back.

>Or is it more likely that when looking at resumes and potential employees, google just reduced it all to data and picked those who were the top of their field to make the process more efficient, and white and/or asian males happen to make the best engineers?
There are studies that submitted identical resumes, only changing the name to a black name. Black candidates got called back at a much lower rate across the board.

This right here. Everyone should know this by now.

LeT's AdDrESS THe ELEPHaNT In The rOoM. /pOl/. hoW dO wE GeT TheM TO sTAY In tHeir cONTainment BOArD? i, fOr onE Am tiREd oF "rAce reAlISM." THreadS.

back to /pol/

I would but I'm a bernout sucker and I believe in #removeborders ideology :(

>ideologies are bad!
>g-g-gender is a spectrum!
>Go Bill Nye, down with ideologies!
>oh oh oh!
>why do I have two dads

Why do those few anti-pol shitposters all have a specific agenda that they spam across all boards?
And why do they all seem to have a certain hatred towards white people in general?

>Why do those few anti-pol shitposters all have a specific agenda that they spam across all boards?
I too wonder why those anti-pol shitposters have the agenda that politics should be discussed on the board for politics...

>And why do they all seem to have a certain hatred towards white people in general?
That's wishful thinking from your side