Mfw I fell for the physics meme

>mfw I fell for the physics meme

>tfw fell for the Applied Math and Computer Science meme

Switch to compsci, discovered physics is a complete meme after first semester of hard work

Only a meme if you're an autist

could you please explain what made you decide it's a meme?
starting physics in a month and curious.

>tfw fell for the life meme

>tfw fell for the physics meme
>Started doing software development for big data companies
>Eventually leveraged those skills and the soft skills I developed during my degree to start an algorithmic trading company
>Currently employ 3 people, going to make at least 350 k this year
I never understand why supposedly """"smart"""" ended up wagecucking.

>Switch to compsci,

well, it's too late, I already have my master degree

>could you please explain what made you decide it's a meme?
Almost no jobs where the company explicitly looks for a physicist. Instead you have to compete with engineers or CS autists for shitty engineering or programming jobs.
If you don't believe me, then go to any job search engine and check it out yourself

No jobs that pay over 30k, even an MSc is worthless and you'd be better off flipping burgers, if you want to waste 10 years for a PhD to earn as much as an engineer that's your choice.

Btw I got 99 final score on physics in HS and got 90 average first semester in a top uni and only then realized it's a retarded meme of a field.

DONT FALL FOR IT, IT'S A TRAP

I'm quite aware of the limited employment for a bachelor's degree, but is it the same with a master's degree? and is it anything else but the employment issue? do you think there are other bad things with this degree?

who else fell for the mensa IQ meme?
where is my money?

virgin physicist vs the chad engineer

Dont listen to these shitlord idiots. Study hard, do research starting your freshman year in something relevant to society (read: not astro/hep), get an internship or two, go to the career center at your school for resume and interview tips, and you'll be sitting in a comfy 60-80k/yr systems engineering job when you graduate.

t. Systems engineer with physics degree

What does system engineering entails?

Basically all engineering that isn't electrical/mechanical. I work in instrument design. I'll get a customer requirement, design a system that fulfills the requirement, build, test, validate the system, sometimes getting help from 3rd party vendors if I'm out of my depth, and then release product.

>study physics to become a systems engineer

>complains about not making money with a physics degree
>makes fun of people who make money with a physics degree

Enjoy life below the poverty line.

don't you see the problem here?
studying physics to work as an engineer is like studying biology to become a farmer
the message: DON'T study physics!

>tfw fell for the hard work meme

All of the engineering jobs in my field require either an advanced physics or advanced engineering degree. Also, I didn't originally want to be an engineer, so here I am. I didn't 'study physics to become an engineer', I'm an engineer because I studied physics.

Switched to physics from compsci after a couple days of realising compsci was not my shit. This is my first time studying physics since like, middle school, I realised I'd need it for what I'm actually interested in like Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Anatomy. I'm doing a BSc and look to do the aforementioned after first year.
Any tips for a phys noob who just needs it to get into what he actually wants to do?

A couple days??????

I attended cs for like a week and concluded it wasn't exactly my thing. I'm a freshman

Why not just switch to biochemistry/chemistry? Much more relevant.

>To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Friendly reminder that this is the kind of people that go into physics, pathetic pseudo-intellectual superiority complexed big bang theory watching edgy fedora tipping atheist teenagers

You get edgy faggots everywhere though

Are you retarded? You do a physics degree if you want to do research. If you were looking for engineering or programming jobs in the first place you should have double majored in engineering and physics or gotten a minor in physics or something. The fact that you went all the way through undergrad and all the way through a masters degree without once checking out what your job prospects are after you graduate is absolutely retarded and your own fault. How do you get a masters degree and not even know what your job outlook is before you graduate?

Why didnt you master in Nuclear Physics?

Calling other people edgy with a Paul J Watson tier rant is pretty ironic

While I was still in high school doing temp work in a mail room I met a Physicist whom couldn't find better work, before that he was an auto mechanic. Congrats on finding something better.

>don't you see the problem here?
>it's like studying math to become a quant
>it's like studying math to become a statistical machine learner
>it's like studying math to become an applied mathematician
>the message: DON'T study math!
your logic astounds me
t. mathfag

>half a line of text is a rant
Retard

If you don't go PhD and then go to work in some optics/electronics institute/project/grant, then you just hate yourself and are doing it wrong.

t. not even physicist

Most people learn that the hard way
>Someone who learned it the hard way and changed to compsci

What the fuck did you expect you were going to do with a BSc or MSc?

I was 17 and retarded, parents didn't go to a uni and couldn't teach me anything about the system

same but I'm too dumb for physics

>do masters in an actually relevant field of physics
>get offers for research positions left and right
>mfw decide to continue with a PhD instead

seems cozy

>Chemical engineering
>Went into biotech in a research associate position
>Would probably be making 15-20k more in a standard engineer in an industrial plant, but I hate that environment
>Unsure of my choices

At least biotech will be huge in 10 years, r-right?

Sounds comfy desu

Biotech is already spiking, there's an overflow of people enrolling for biotech all around the world.

Are you being serious? This is literally my career goal after I graduate and I'd love to discuss what kind of career entails. Obviously, you don't need to discuss specifics, but I'd really appreciate if we could talk about algotrading/quant finance somehow

Going to finish my Master in physics next year too, topic is on amorphous silicon.
Hope to find a job in semiconductor industry later.

I, too, fell for the physics meme.

4th year starting soon, after that I should have my MSci (UKfag with integrated masters).

I don't really know where/how/if I'll be employed and I think it's going to be very bad.

At least I can use my knowledge to calculate how high I'll need to make the drop to snap my neck and how thick the rope needs to be.

5 years ago this board was full of physics purists shitting on engineers

Nowadays engineers are literally Chads and physicists are Wojaks

>engineers are literally Chads

I may be unemployable but that will never be true.

Physicists are redditors
Mathematicians are virgins
Engineers are faggots
Chemists are stacies
Geologists are chads
Biologists are hippies

Geologists are dumber than the rocks they study.

Given how easy it is to get jobs as a geo major he must really be bottom of the barrel if he's posting on Veeky Forums instead of working.

I'm not even a geo major
I'm a shitposting final year hs fag
Stop being so salty, Kek

>chad engineers
implying engineeringfags arent anything but the biggest virgins

>mfw I fell for the pure math meme

>mfw I fell for the STEM meme while having brainlet tier iq

being able to work hard is a much greater gift then being able to think fast

>t. brainlet

that's why they are chads in the first place

know this geologist in university who is dating a qt blonde girl with sea blue eyes 20 years younger than him. bitch is like 22 while he's in his late 40s

>Highschool teacher is cool and lets me do all sorts of experiments
>Enjoy doing physics
>Apply for Physics Uni
>Get a masters in Physics
>Get an entry level job and work up to a respectable position
>Have a physics/chem lab in my basement where I do experiments in my spare time
>Taking it easy

I don't get it. How do you not get a decent job as a Physicist? You're LITERALLY a problem solver. You can get any Engineering job. PhD's are a different case especially if you want to be a prof (lol). But anything other than that should be within easy reach.

Are you looking for a job yet? Internship? Anything? People won't come running for you to join them, you have to apply.

Came to post this.