Immortality Possible?

Is there a realistic chance to discover immortality (e.g. Cell rejuvenation)?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii
youtube.com/watch?v=2J3eWpNw2hM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

find out what these fuckers do and implement it in humans

youtube.com/watch?v=2J3eWpNw2hM

they need help

Yes. You're still going to get sick though, especially if your DNA, like now, will get damaged and grow defects over time, making cancers a huge risk.

I'm just talking out of my ass but that's how I imagine it.

How about emulating a human brain on a machine?

How exactly will the prevent me from getting older

Well you will no longer need an organic body.

No, my virtual clone no longer needs an organic body. I still need one tho.

Sorry, you're no longer needed.

Biology is undergoing a similar rapid growth as physics in the 20th century. It's possible but there still needs to be done a lot of work.

You always have to take these PR talks with a grain of salt.

Although I do like to fantasize about uploading my consciousnesses and have the possibilities of live in fantasy universes there are several problems, like:
Will there be enough information and computing power to correctly simulate the brain?
If a computer of such power could exist and simulate your brain, than it has the power of shaping new consciousness from nothing. Those pure virtual mind would be exactly like my uploaded version, a distinction wouldn't be possible, in that care are they people too?

Take a single cell.
Turn it into a stem cell.
Make it grow.
Stick it in the fridge.

>"Heres one I made earlier.jpg"

Use the ancient tradition chinese tradition of sticking yourself in a goo barrel to sew up cuts and wounds dating back from ancient Atlantis and of course The Celtic druids

Cut your ballsack off

Weld it onto yourself again.

>capable of reverting completely to a sexually immature, colonial stage after having reached sexual maturity as a solitary individual.
Just imagine the implications!

If that ever becomes a thing, I'm going to encourage the baby boomer generation to retire there and then emp the fucks.

Yes simple way:
1. Find way to remove brain while maintaing its function - put it inside a machanical environment capable of protecting it and offering administration on par with organic one.
2. Replace parts of the brain with mechanical ones, nano machines that take the place of dead neurons and so on.

Other way: do part to keep brain young forever but find a way to transplant brain into a clone.

But this is just sci-fi bullshit.

We obviously have no way right now and we see no way to do it soon.

>cell rejuvenation
>our post mitotic cells accumulate DNA lesions, causing massive loss of genetic information and cell death. A few viruses, which vast majority of people have, are responsible for interfering with repair mechanism and some directly cause damage
I don't think we'll ever reverse aging. We're imperfect systems, I think much of aging is cumulative errors. Maybe just extend life through a level of maintenance that is probably either impractical or impossible. If med-resistant bacteria meme comes true, we'll probably have significantly shorter lives in the future.

If the CRISPR meme pans out, we'll probably be 8ft tall superhumans with 12inch cocks by 2030.

> immortality
that's impossible, you may adquire biological immortality, but something else will eventually kill you. Just pregnate your waifu and fucking die, humanity is bioligically immortal through reproduction already, don't fuck the cicle.

>Humanty is biological immortal through reproduction.
user you aren't using the words correctly and you aren't right in any way. Humanity can experience a mass extinction like any other animal.

Yeah, but the difference between us and other animals is that we're aware of that, so all we need to do is not to fuck up badly with dangerous shit like playing with nukes.

How do we help them?

Send them a box with a knife in it and instructions on how to use it