vine.co/v/eqYKadKauW1/embed/simple
discord.gg/EtPnv
mediafire.com/folder/2qbp22o8ch8qc/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battles
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ZZwyAACQ
discord.gg/Xq6sa7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

came to say hi to shrek

Posted too late in last thread

Can anyone recommend a book where someone just shows up out of nowhere and starts completely taking over the world singlehandedly by force? Like if Alexander or Napoleon had Supermans powers

sorry back to /sci fi / vine.co/v/eqYKadKauW1/embed/simple

Shade's Children is one I can think of. It's YA tho.

Wow really wish I had discovered this when I was young enough to enjoy YA, seems interesting

The premise is interesting but the book itself isn't as good as it lets on to be. I for one never finished it.

That's a shame

>It's a Naomi chapter

Sometimes it's better not to do character development because the only thing you're developing your character into is a sleeping pill.

>it's a Renna chapter

Sometimes it's better not to do character development because the only thing you're developing your character into is a sleeping pill.

The Mule's story in Second Foundation.

Asimov is amazing and his writing is really easy to read and I enjoyed this one.

>really easy to read
So it's for dunces?

Should be in Foundation and Empire actually not the Second Foundation.

>So it's for dunces?
Yes it's very easy to read. A twelve year old could probably read and enjoy books written by Asimov although it's definitely not YA.

A dunce could read the most complicated book in the world just for plot. There's no real 'barriers' in literature other than interest, unless of course you're ESL or your vocabulary is greatly reduced or perhaps if you are blind and/or deaf.

A more discerning/advanced reader could pick up on themes, symbolism and foreshadowing.

I don't believe that books have an entry level tier at all because everyone can get something out of it and if you miss getting something out of it you are unlikely to find out that you actually are missing something (so for example if you and I were perceiving the same shade of colour it is likely that our experiences would be different in terms of intensity or tone but you would not notice that my experience is different from yours because everything is subjective.)

Anyway tldr: no matter what reading level you are at, it's enjoyable because Asimov is a master who doesn't need 100 levels of purple prose as a crutch to write a story, he can make do with very few adjectives or descriptions and still manage to make it work perfectly.

>tfw to intillegent for Amisov

I'm certain that Amisov would be proud that you are to intillegent.

Has anyone read Cat's Cradle? Is it good?

Whom couldn't even comrehend to.

Yeah, definitely.

>it's a catfag fishing for more cat-humanoid books general
Don't you have enough furry books?

>earth is flat
Nice meme

>implying daddy taking down the door after big sister left wasn't the best arc in this series

???

... if your dick is gone... then can I use the space where it once occupied? Seeing as you're a guy, you should have no problem with a bro doing stuff with you.
I'm a virgin so you know I won't be doing anything weird with you.

I read Dr Bloodmoney By PKD from 1965. It's among the best of his novels that I have read (six now) and I can see why Library Of America included it in their collection.

It's a hopeful vision of a post-WW3 society emerging on the West Coast, with successful barter economies and life going on much as before. Doctors, teachers, councilors, tobacconists, and their wives live among mutants, some of them with magic powers.

The way PKD weaves all these interesting people in and out of the story, while giving us an insight into their thoughts, can be very entertaining. There are too many to mention, but I'll point out the motorised psycho-telekinetic flipper-man who is the town fixer, the little girl with a talking twin in her abdomen (who can talk to the dead), talking dog, intelligent rats, and the astronaut who is stuck in orbit and broadcasting radio to the world below.

It's one of his longer novels but it reads buoyantly throughout, with many quirky moments, surprises, and a satisfying ending. Overall I give Dr Bloodmoney five out of five dinosaurs, and I recommend reaching for it after reading UBIK and DADOES.

Any fantasy with an anti-hero girl protag?

Yes

This was asked and answered last thread with Empress

Any fantasy with an anti-girl protag?

Alexander didn't come out of nowhere, his dad had been building treaties and growing his army for decades to prepare the conquest into Persia, Alexander was born into it (not that he was a bad commander).
Napoleon did come from relatively low nobility, he really rode the waves of revolution.

As for your question try Broken Empire trilogy

Glokta in Last Argument of Kings is a misogynist.

>when a fantasy books spends more time explaining the magic system than the tax system

Philip K Dick isn't dinosaur core. His works transcends the new/old dichotomy. It's as enjoyable to readers of this generation as it was to readers of old.

You don't understand what a dinosaur really is do you?

Empress is not anti hero. Anti hero is bad guys doing something good. It benefits them yes, but it also benefits others.

Empress is little girl villain.

yet he got Major West's succulent THICC sister for his own to clean his shit.

Relax. I realise it isn't Leiber, Vance, Tolkein, Wolfe, and whoever else that one fellow has a bugbear about. It's a little mischief.

And you are right, Dr Bloodmoney reads like a piece of urban fantasy.

>Cosmerefag is gone
>Meme archivist is gone
>Mod kun is gone
>Original dinosaur is gone
Who else has left our presence?

>Wolfe
He also isn't dinosaur core.
The others vary.

has /sffg/ ever recommended something that wasn't shit?

At least you can get some original recommendations here, everywhere else you just get GRRM, Rothfuss and Sanderson.

>it's a catfag fishing for more cat-humanoid books general
It's more a, was reminded of the youtube link in OP and wanted to trick anons into listening to it for the lulz general :3

>Don't you have enough furry books?
No. I'm currently on the lookout for pic related.

Aaaay whens the fuckin TUC EXCERPT coming out

Not true. On r/fantasy they will also recommend you terrible kindle novels.

>crippled cuck is still the best off at the end of the trilogy

That's now what an anti-hero is

Are there any books that deal with fantasy world tax policy more than ASoIaF?

>going to class early. Read prince of thorns while waiting
>dude in class asks me what am i reading
>"Some dark fantasy i picked up"
>"Have you read stormlight archive?"
>Never heard of him.
>You should check it out.
In his defense, I'm liking Way of kings. I probably have shit taste for liking it over prince of thorns but I can live with that.

Yes. Probably Vonnegut's best.

Nah. Way of Kings is better in basically every measurable than Prince of Thorns. Sanderson has his flaws, but his writing style is at the very least developed, his magic systems are well thought out, and the first two books have been meticulously plotted.

>He didn't get an ARC

Enjoy waiting till summer. Lmaoing @ ur life

I'm reading the third Mistborn novel at the moment and one of the characters just mentioned a "hat trick" similarly as it's used in football.
Muh immershun was instantly destroyed.

Fuck off Bakkerfans

Can you paste the excerpt? I remmeber Sanderson doing stupid shit and have people talk in his medieval fantasy bullcrap like facebook fags talk in the current year or something. Sometimes even same phrases or jokes but I can't pinpoint it.

I think Sanderson has REALY shit dialogue. I like his stuff, but objectively speaking, his dialogue writing is just shit.

Huge spoilers for the Mistborn series by Sanderson.

I finished everything Sanderson up to date, even shit like Reckoners.

Well it was a blanket warning for anyone who might look at the image.

Oi, if you think that's bad, wait for the Shallan chapters in Words of Radiance. Holy fuck were they cringy as fuck.

More out of place phrases?

Haha, oh god if only, your in for a treat.

Sumatra dev pls go

>When it spends a ungodly amount of time explaining the rules of its magic system
>Book 2 breaks previously established rules left and right
>Book 3 is introducing competing magic system based off something exotic like Chi/Ki/Chakra

Are you implying no one other than the dev would use those hideous default colors?

I agree too. user's pic alluded that prince of thorns was a common recommendation in Veeky Forums, but not exactly a good one.
For one, reading a book because some random user in Veeky Forums recommended is pretty retarded. Then again, I chose to read prince of thorns because I liked the cover.
In fact, I have read warded man and innocent mage for the same exact reason. I know that those reasons are beyond retardation but I like my mc's with hooded robes.
I might not reply to the convo btw, since i am at page 450 of Way of Kings. I want no spoilerino.

>when a writer spend more time doing who the fuck knows than working on his books

Fantasy in Space>SciFi

Do you have any good examples to share with us?
I think only Book of the New Sun (book 5) is relevant from what I've read. Besides the minuscule reference in Sixth of Dusk.

>Do you have any good examples to share with us?
No, I'm just shitposting desu.

Yo I know there's a lot of dessert/arabian fantasy of late but is there any set in locations similar to irl africa?

I think Jemisin's Killing Moon is supposed to be egypt but that's all I got

Prince of Thorns is a guilty pleasure at best.

Poseidons Children trilogy. First book especially has many scenes there. It's sci-fi though. And has a different take on Africa than what you probably asked for.

How unfortunate.

Dune
Bakker

The Twelve Kings of Sharakhai and its sequel. Beaulieu's prose is less concise than Jemisin's however.

Do we have a discord?

discord.gg/EtPnv
Posted last thread user

anyone read any Warhammer fantasy stuff?
I got pretty deep into the 40k books and decided to take a crack at fantasy with 'Death & Dishonour' and it was a bit shite

mediafire.com/folder/2qbp22o8ch8qc/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battles

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ZZwyAACQ

would you recommend anything in particular though?

It explained too much too fast, the twist wasn't supported enough, the atmosphere in the first half was completely shattered. It really is a shame.

Christopher Stasheff, Witches of Karres, there was actually a lot of 70s-80s fantasy on that premise.

Diana Wynne Jones wrote a novel where the witches of England build a spaceship to send hotties to seduce a space station full of monks.

Fuck i'm either dumb or tired and i should go to sleep. I misread your post and though you were asking for anything releated to Warhammer fantasy.
I didn't read much beside two Gotrek and Felix books (both were fine at best) I just saved those links from one of total war threads in case I would want to read something. I can't recommend nothing unfortunately.

/sffg/ I'm on the verge of quitting this project due to sheer frustration and I want to make sure it sounds publishable enough that this will all be worth it

It's a fairy tale along the lines of Howl's Moving Castle and Pan's Labyrinth about a fortune teller's daughter who wants to be an astronomer, but when an attack on her home leaves her mother dead and herself hiding in a carnival run by a showy magician she realizes that she had better learn how to keep an eye of fate because fate isn't going to keep an eye on her

Sounds terrible and you also don't sound like you have the writing prowess to make it work since you came to Veeky Forums to reaffirm yourself.

This one's expired; can I get an updated link?

discord.gg/Xq6sa7c

Really depends who your target audience is. For YA, it sounds very publishable.

Thanks.

Holy shit this is as bad as I expected a /sffg/ discord to be

my target audience is people who watch ghibli movies and are even slightly interested in science

Change your protag to a male and it sounds publishable.

It's a fairy tale. the unless they're a rouge, the protag is female by default

If we're lucky it will siphon off some insufferable faggets.

What is a discord exactly? Voice chat like on Xbox Live or whatever?

It's a chatroom

There is zero fucking reason to make a discord when you are already on a discussion board except to circlejerk

In what order do you read ASIMOV books? Which book do you begin with?

I dunno, I'd be more open to discussing stuff I'm writing in a chatroom than on a board. If you do it on a board you kind of derail the place.

>see this thread
>chanur
>cj cherryh edition

I never thought Veeky Forums would make me so diamonds

We try. Have you listened to the link in OP before?

>post-apocalyptic book
>it's another mad max/the road ripoff in north america/australia

Why the fuck can't anybody write anything original? Where's the stuff about adventurers picking through the ruins of Wizard War Three? Or Captain James T. de Kerk of the science ship Biashara on it's five year mission to explore the ruins of the northern hemisphere?

I need the book series equivalent of Battlestar Galactica or the Wing Commander game series, by which I mean lots of people living on a giant-ass space battleship, with a lot of internal political intrigue along with external threats, and lots of tension.

Bonus points if there are fighter pilots among the main cast of characters.

Even more bonus points for a tomboyish or even butch female major character who is either straight or bi.

Negatory, but I've read some of her books and really enjoyed them. 10/10 would have hot alien sex.

Haven't read any of her fantasy works yet, are they worth it?

Try the actual Wing Commander books?

As it's topical to the thread, pic related might give you a taste of what you want. The bulk of the politics is on a station, but there is a military carrier group with a good bit.

Will do, thanks. Do you know if they're any good?
Cool. Thank you.

Are there any fantasy books that focus on the 'Dark Lord' big bad and not the heroes fighting to stop him?