Has anybody here ever considered buying a mobile library and living in it full-time?

Has anybody here ever considered buying a mobile library and living in it full-time?

I'm seriously considering spending $9,500 on a mobile library that the local library service is selling. I'm thinking of stocking it with my books and just driving around, spending my time reading and writing inside of it (and also sleeping of course). I'd shower etc in swimming pools and so on. Is this a gypsy-tier idea or does it sound like a good plan?

Do you think fuel costs would be very expensive?

Any thoughts about this?

lmao
hahahahahahhaahahha

Food?

I currently live in a shit-tier apartment and never enter the kitchen at all, I just eat ready made salads, readymade pasta, chips, fruit etc.

I will eat the books I don't enjoy.

Solid business model.

Nothing to say about your lifestyle choice, OP, but 'mobile libraries' are just RVs w/ bookshelves in them. Check with the library to see make & model and do some independent research.

If I had to guess, you'll be getting less than 12mpg.

Would it be cheaper to just buy a normal RV and keep books in it?

Mobile libraries are meant for people to share and enjoy

>mfw imagining some Veeky Forums autist driving around in an RV library denying people books

Thanks for the state re: mileage

Not by the looks of it. This one comes with bookshelves already fitted and space in the middle of the floor for sleeping. A normal RV has a bunch of unnecessary bullshit like closets, a kitchen, etc.

Nobody will enter my mobile library. If I find that people knock the door and ask to be let in to browse etc I'll consider buying a tin of paint and just painting the entire thing, as currently there is writing across the sides that says "COME ON IN!" etc.

You're going to ruin the books with your stench
What do you do for a living

>What if I live in an RV? Also I like reading.
This isn't Veeky Forums. Fuck off.

this is not a problem that could be avoided.

Well, it is worth the try. But be aware that you strongly have to depend on others to help you out. Also, your own safety and privacy is also a small concern I'd like to adress.
Living on your own is already a challenge in itself, and even more is living mobile.

Have you thought about your income, because yes, I guess fuel will be quite expensive.

But you should give it a shot. Who knows, maybe you'll kick out a bestseller!

OP here. I work in tech. I hate it. Offices are a breeding ground for mediocrity and waste lives. I don't smell bad, I'm fit and healthy, and I would not defecate inside the vehicle itself.

It is Veeky Forums. Mobile libraries are undoubtedly Veeky Forums

One of the reasons I intend to do this is because I have schizoidal hatred of "depending" on others. I just want go focus most of my time on reading / writing, and move from place to place, earning gas money with minimum wage jobs.

Some drug addict is going to rob your bibliomobile while you are away whoring your body and mind for gas money. Or maybe they're going to set it on fire for fun. At the very least they're going to wait for you outside it and give you a good thrashing, which it seems to me by the way you sound is something you could use. This is America we're talking about, right?

Anyway, how are the books going to stay on their shelves during driving? Special shelves? Sounds like a nuisance.

It's a nice idea but I don't think it's a realistically sustainable lifestyle.
Mobile libraries aren't designed for full-time living, keeping it heated and mobile will be prohibitively expensive and finding work isn't that easy. Some people do live like that but they're not happy.
I'd get an actual mobile home if I were you. Even with that it's quite hard to find somewhere to park them.

>which it seems to me by the way you sound is something you could use

Why do you say this? It hurts my feelings.

Do you have shelves of books in your little apartment? Do you even write? Do you know anything about vehicle maintenance? Have you lived in a vehicle before? Do you not think police will be suspicious of a big bus being parked around?
If you really want to do this just hop on the van living meme, and leave the library bus for those who'll actually do good with it.

It will be a lesson to you not to spend your last money on such silly contraptions that are bound to get wrecked some way or another and leave you without your home, your money, your books and your self esteem after all that sucking of hobo dick for fuel money and protection. I am doing it for your own good. For the first time in your life you will regret NOT following advice received on Veeky Forums.

Christopher Morley certainly did, in his fiction. Have you read Parnassus on Wheels? It's quite good in an old world, comfy kind of way.

This seems like an elaborate scheme to molest children, but I'm not sure exactly how.